When I was a kid I use to think (believe), eat, play, etc.

Kerbluey

When I was 10 my 18-year-old cousin’s girlfriend got pregnant. Of course, I overheard his mother (my aunt) and my mom expressing shock and dismay a lot, but being only 10 I didn’t quite understand. After much thought I determined women got pregnant in the dead of night by surprise as they were asleep, and that explained why everyone was so shocked.

Jojo4124

When I was a little kid, we had what I think was a tree stump or something. We kept it in the house. I think it may have been carved. It’s been so long ago I can’t remember. But I was scared of it. My parents named it Herman in the hopes that I wouldn’t be scared anymore. I used to watch the Munsters so they thought that would work. It didn’t.

I used to end up getting all of the carrots from my brother and sister because they hated carrots. My mom never understood why I had so many on my plate.

I thought there was a monster in my closet and I would fuss at it or I would cry.

I rode in the back of my dad’s pickup truck and I lived.

My sister and I spent quite a bit of time standing on our heads.

When I would get upset with one of my family members I’d go talk to my pet rabbit. I haven’t quite outgrown that. When I get upset, anxious, sad, whatever, I sometimes get one of the guinea pigs, usually the same one because she’ll snuggle, and I talk to her and pet her. She listens, probably hoping I don’t get my tears on her fur. She reached up one day and licked my chin, like she was trying to tell me it’s gonna be ok. She is such a sweet little fur baby.

I’m sure there’s more but I can’t remember. My dad told me that the memory was the second thing to go. I asked him what was the first thing and he said “ I can’t remember “
My mom had a wooden spoon to spank us with that she named Betty! Lol I took on that tradition, and a friend of mine who had boys called her wooden spoon Bobby! Lol

caligal

When my kids were in the 1st and 2nd grade They came home and announced that they were learning the football song. I asked them what football song as I had never heard of such.
They sang Oh say can you see, and I just cracked up laughing so hard. Of course I quickly corrected them.

Cloud Watcher

I thought the presence of oxygen was what caused a person to feel pain, so I used to hold my breath if I injured myself or, for instance, if I got stung or bitten (whatever it is they do) by red ants, which were plentiful where I lived.

I would misinterpret words of a song or misinterpret the meaning. When the Beach Boys sang Little GTO, I thought they were saying Che che O. Being a romantic from an early age, I often thought certain song lyrics were about loving in a romantic sense, when they were really about making whoppee. I was so disappointed when I got older and realized some of it was actually crude.

When I was supposed to be cleaning the bathroom, I would climb up on the cabinet and get the orange flavored baby aspirin out of the medicine cabinet, and eat one or two.

If I needed to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I would stand on the bed and take a running leap to land as far away from my bed as possible, so the snakes that were hiding under the bed wouldn't get me.

Reason & Hope

When I was a kid, I loved the wind. Still love the feel of it, but back then I would go outside with an umbrella and try to get the wind to take me up. Perhaps I had seen Mary Poppins?

Now I look forward to the day when I will rise in the air, but it won't be the wind. It will be Jesus taking me up.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
When I was a kid, I loved the wind. Still love the feel of it, but back then I would go outside with an umbrella and try to get the wind to take me up. Perhaps I had seen Mary Poppins?

Now I look forward to the day when I will rise in the air, but it won't be the wind. It will be Jesus taking me up.
Sounds like something I would try, too…:lol

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
A few good ones:

I thought Jesus lived in the US. It made me feel very patriotic.

The letter "elemeno" came after K. H I J K Elemeno P.

The dinosaurs were killed by a "meat eater" instead of "meteor" (I didn't realize until even later that that timeline wasn't possible either way)

Praying

when I was a little girl, around 6 years old, we lived in the country, and had a butane tank in the back yard. It had a cylinder type lid on it, covering the gauge, and tubes. I used to pretend it was a horse and put a blanket on it (my saddle) and used my jump rope on the cylinder type lid (his head) as the reigns.
We had a large concrete wrap around porch I used to play hopscotch on. Between this, and "my horse", I could stay busy all day! :lol