When I was a kid I use to think (believe), eat, play, etc.

seated with Christ

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.
It can be you or a family member who use to do something unusual, funny or odd.

When my little brother was real young he use to run his finger round Dad’s hubcaps to collect road dirt and suck it off his finger.

When I was a kid I use to eat mayonnaise sandwiches.

When I was a kid I use to think Tomatoes were poisonous, I still don’t eat them.

When I was a kid I used to think Dogs were all male and cats were all female of the same species.

You got it now!

pixelpusher

when we were kids in the 70s riding around in the family wagon, there was a song by Nick Gilder "Hot Child In the CIty" that would come up on Kasey Kasem's countdown or whatever, and my 7 year old cousin would heartily sing along: "Hot Chow and the Cereal!"

Kid had a one track mind. :lol

Trawdaddy

When my little brother was real young he use to run his finger round Dad’s hubcaps to collect road dirt and suck it off his finger.

When I was a kid I use to think Tomatoes were poisonous, I still don’t eat them.

When I was a kid I used to think Dogs were all male and cats were all female of the same species.

You got it now!
As a kid I also thought tomatoes were poisonous. I still don't eat them either. Also I remember being told by my Dad that we must eat the spinach.
I hated that stuff as a kid, but I ate it. Now I really like it and my Dad will not eat it now.

al

ChildofLight

When I was a kid, I thought eating was a waste of time when there were animals to play with.
Used to eat tomatoes with sugar and cinnamon on them. That was the only way I would eat them. Thought I was strange till a while back. I was talking to a friend and he said they used to eat tomatoes like that as well because tomatoes were plentiful and mom had to devise different ways for them to taste.

seated with Christ

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.
As a kid I also thought tomatoes were poisonous. I still don't eat them either. Also I remember being told by my Dad that we must eat the spinach.
I hated that stuff as a kid, but I ate it. Now I really like it and my Dad will not eat it now.
My mom gave me green beans when I was a kid, I hated them, now their like candy to me. Also, I was forced to eat beef liver because of my anemia, hated it, but now love it.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
When my oldest child was a wee little girl, and when she decided she wasn't going to eat green beans, I changed her mind by telling her she needed to remove the wrapping paper to find the gifts inside. She loved that and never refused to eat green beans again. In fact, that one intervention carried over and none of my children proved to be picky about what they ate.

My dad was in the Navy. We had a picnic table in front of the house. That was my ship... a pirate's ship no less.

caligal

When we were little my dad was stationed on Guam. One afternoon our school bus driver came to our quanset (sp?) hut and asked mom if we could go to the fair with the rest of the kids he was picking up. I had never been to a fair and didn't know what it was. I didn't want her to say yes because I thought it was some kind of a funeral. but she said yes and was very happy about it so off we went and all the other kids were happy and excited. As we neared our school I saw ferris wheel and kiddy rides off in the distance and wished we were going there instead of a funeral. Boy was I surprised when the bus pull in there and it was free!! Turns out it was USO sponsored. The bus driver and bus guard were enlisted men and watched over us as we had the time of our lives. That was back in the early 50s.

Jojo4124

You got it now!
Lol ty for sharing! I could never eat tomato soup. I didnt like it. And ppl called it a "comfort food"...I thought I was missing out on having a comfort food. Well, until I'd discovered cheesecake that is lol. I dont care about missing out on the comforts of tomato soup anymore lol!!!

Mama Bug

When I was a little kid, we had what I think was a tree stump or something. We kept it in the house. I think it may have been carved. It’s been so long ago I can’t remember. But I was scared of it. My parents named it Herman in the hopes that I wouldn’t be scared anymore. I used to watch the Munsters so they thought that would work. It didn’t.

I used to end up getting all of the carrots from my brother and sister because they hated carrots. My mom never understood why I had so many on my plate.

I thought there was a monster in my closet and I would fuss at it or I would cry.

I rode in the back of my dad’s pickup truck and I lived.

My sister and I spent quite a bit of time standing on our heads.

When I would get upset with one of my family members I’d go talk to my pet rabbit. I haven’t quite outgrown that. When I get upset, anxious, sad, whatever, I sometimes get one of the guinea pigs, usually the same one because she’ll snuggle, and I talk to her and pet her. She listens, probably hoping I don’t get my tears on her fur. She reached up one day and licked my chin, like she was trying to tell me it’s gonna be ok. She is such a sweet little fur baby.

I’m sure there’s more but I can’t remember. My dad told me that the memory was the second thing to go. I asked him what was the first thing and he said “ I can’t remember “