when does Gog Magog start?

Discussion in 'Gog / Magog' started by endofdays, Nov 18, 2018.

1. endofdays

endofdays Well-Known Member

IS it before the rapture?

or is it after the 1000 year reign?

Círeth and athenasius like this.
  2. John Romans

John Romans Well-Known Member

I believe they are two separate events. No one knows whether or not the battle in Ezekiel 38-39 is before or after the rapture, but it is definitely before Jesus starts His Millennial reign on earth.
    At the end of the 1,000 years of the Millenial Kingdom satan is released as we read in Revelation 20 and he will gather up an army once more to do battle.
    Here in Revelation 20 we see Gog and Magog again and dealt with for the last time.
    But some of our brothers and sisters on here may be able to answer this better as they have much more knowlege and discernment than me.
    Hope this helps.

3. Joseph The Carpenter

Joseph The Carpenter Well-Known Member

GOD turns his attention towards ISRAEL in Ezekiel 38 and they turn back to HIM so I believe the Church is gone at that time.
    Looking at the military powers in the world today Russia would be very foolish to attack ISRAEL today. But after the Rapture with the democrat party in charge of America it would be an opportune time for Russia to attack Israel.
    And I agree that there are two Gog-Magog wars.

4. Andy C

Andy C Well-Known Member

I agree, it takes place after the rapture. Since nowhere in scripture does it state the rapture triggers the beginning of the tribulations, I believe there is a lengthy gap between the rapture and the start of the 7 years of the tribulations. In Ez 38, it states that after God defeats the attackers of Israel, Israel will burn all the weapons from the war for 7 years. I dont think that would be possible during the entire 7 years of the tribulations, especially during the 2nd half when the dragon will focus all his attention of killing the Jews.
    I think its possible that the first Gog magog war written about in Ezekiel 38-39 will start after the rapture, and at least 3-4 years before the start of the tribulations. Its also possible, the church will be here at the beginning of the Ezekiel battle, then raptured immediately after.

Bottom line - Only He really knows.

5. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

you are right.
    2 separate events.

2 different purposes of God(In Ez it is to draw Israel back to God, and show the world just WHO GOD IS versus Rev where it's the total destruction of Satan and evil altogether prior to the New Heavens and New Earth).

2 different purposes of man (to steal wealth from Israel in Ez versus Satan and the human rebels desire to destroy God and His people in Rev)

2 different terrains (mountains of Israel where these armies are slaughtered in Ez versus a plain of the earth in Rev)

2 different time frames. One before, or in the early part of the Tribulation. One at the very end of the Millennial reign of Christ at the time that Satan is let out AFTER he was bound for the entire Millennial reign.

One last point of common confusion
    Ez 38 is NOT the gathering of the Antichrist's armies for the final siege of Jerusalem at the end of the Tribulation. Ez 38 the motive is stealing wealth. By the end of the Tribulation, the motive of the Antichrist and Satan is to wipe out Jerusalem in order to stop Jesus ruling from it and wipe out the Jews. Different motives, different places. Armaggeddon, is in the valley of Megiddo, the gathering point to finally destroy Jerusalem, and Jesus comes back and destroys them. Ez ;38 occurs before that time, on the mountains of Israel, and God rains fire down from Heaven, while Jesus personally appears and destroys the armies of the AC at the end of the Trib. So those are ALSO 2 very separate events.

Rev 20: 7-9 Satan is loosed for a very brief period at the end of the millennium. Gog and Magog rise again with all rebellious nations and people and they gather together for war, on a plain described as the plain of the earth That plain is key. And Jesus destroys them all in an instant.

Ez 38 describes a cloud of armies that mass north of Israel coming down thru the Golan, the mountains of Israel.

Rev says a plain, Ez 38 is talking mountains. Rev Jesus destroys them directly in an instant. Ez describes a period of time where fire from heaven falls, quakes, etc. Ez the armies suffer thru a great quake, in which the mountains are thrown down, while Revelation has the armies gather on a plain that describes the earth which has already been flattened out.

Revelation, this has to do with Satan deceiving the nations one last time, but over in Ez 38, an evil plan takes hold of Gog, chief prince of Rosh.

In Revelation this has to do with the final doom of Satan and the final cleansing of wickedness, while Ezekiel 38 is to draw Israel back to the Lord and show the nations just who GOD IS.

In Rev the rebels gather to destroy God and His people, in Ezekiel it's to plunder Israel's wealth.

I'm tired and foggy, so I've probably left stuff out, but that's a start.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  6. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018