What's Your Favorite Series to Watch During Lockdown?

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Killing Eve is secular with some sex, language, murder etc.

Its a fairly good story line but the actors make the show....I really enjoyed watching them.

Season 4 of The Crown was not exactly what I expected.....anybody else watched it????

JamesSuth

Heartland by far...... it's a Canadian series and I'd never even heard of it until my mom told me about it. I thought it was a kid's show but it's more of a family series.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartland_(Canadian_TV_series)
This sounds like the kind of thing I would enjoy, will see if I can get it on DVD! :thumbup.

The Pinkertons - only one series was ever made. Follows the Pinkertons dectectives in the 19th C. I've just started an Australian drama series called 'Sea Patrol' set aboard a coastal patrol ship of the Royal Australian Navy.
Add to above...Downton Abbey.
I would second that. I discovered it for the first time last year and loved it! Some of the stories were a bit sad, but I loved the sets and time period :)

FractalHedgehog

Can anyone recommend some good ones?
Midsomer Murders is great, especially if you like British television since there a lot of favorites who make guest appearances. How novel to have the lead detective be intelligent, clever, humorous, and devoted to his wife. The original Bob Newhart show is still so great. Another old British mystery/detective is Pie in the Sky, ex-cop turns master chef/part-time detective.

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
A few years ago I really got into a Korean series...it is subtitled...the Korean name is "Princess Hours." I don't know what it was, but I couldn't stop watching it. There is something so endearing about how Koreans play their roles...very moving and emotional. Binge-watched that whole series in a week and ate an entire can of wasabi peas. :smile2 I found it on the CrunchyRoll Roku app.

Neonap

I loved The Chosen, that series definitely made the bible come to life. Besides that, I enjoy My Hero Academia (dislike the perverted stuff but it isn't in every episode.) Attack on Titan.

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
Richard Dean Anderson is really funny!! I enjoy Stargate, so much better than the movie version!!
Well Ill admit it star gate is a pretty cool series. I like the Atlantis one . So you have a preferred series? I personally didn't like the first one Sg1

Last edited:

Angelfish

Right now, my hubby and I are watching Star Trek Voyager. It has been a wonderful way to leave planet Earth for a while. Of course, they are into all the “big bang” stuff but the way the crew handles things when they encounter various species is amazing. They do have a tough time of it in the Delta quadrant.

I did enjoy the Throne and Downton Abby.

I think we are off to StarGate, next.

Reason & Hope

I'm looking at the new Disney show "prop culture" (I like documentaries in general). In case you haven't heard of it, it's just a guy picking an older Disney film and seeing what props remain and what stories the old actors/directors come up with. I saw the 'Honey, I shrunk the kids' one and didn't learn much, but thought it was fun anyway.

Other than that, what we have on in the house is usually pre-school appropriate. There's the occasional honestly good kid's show (Tumble Leaf, Wallyzakam, Umizoomi, Stinky & Dirty), a whole slew of "okay" stuff. And then some stuff that I'm like "Why do you want to watch that obnoxious junk?? No!" (Blippy, Ryan's World, SpongeBob). By the time the kids go the bed, the last thing I want is more noise, so it very rare I'll watch a show just for me.
I watched those prop culture videos with my adult daughter. Pre-Covid, I used to make props for shows I either directed or stage-managed. Of course, I've never had a Hollywood budget to work with.

Cloud Watcher

Midsomer Murders is great, especially if you like British television since there a lot of favorites who make guest appearances. How novel to have the lead detective be intelligent, clever, humorous, and devoted to his wife. The original Bob Newhart show is still so great. Another old British mystery/detective is Pie in the Sky, ex-cop turns master chef/part-time detective.

I love Midsomer Murders. I'm actually binging on it right now for the second time. Currently on season 9. I also re-watched Lark Rise to Candleford.