What's Your Favorite Series to Watch During Lockdown?

ReadyOrNot

Foyle’s War, The English Game, Call the Midwife, Lark Rise to Candleford, (Ann with an E until it got weird) oh, and World on Fire the new Masterpiece theater series- 2 episodes so far.

Last edited:

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Add to above...Downton Abbey. I am also watching one on Amazon Prime...*Making the Cut*, I think it is. Has Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn. I enjoy sewing shows.
I think the Great British Sewing Bee starts again in a few weeks. Hope to catch that on you tube.

JSTyler

I know this isn't a series technically but it's the only thing on tv that I'll watch...

World's Funniest Videos.

It's on every morning while we eat breakfast. Whereas usually, or usueuallu in sense of the way life used to be, we were always out to work super early in the am. Now the way things currently are, we get to eat a leisurely breakfast together and laugh at things we hope to never do ourselves.

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
I like Stargate: SG-1, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Fuller House, Heartland, The Office, and the old Christy tv show (based on the book by Catherine Marshall). I usually have it on in the background while I'm painting, otherwise the house seems too quiet. Being a middle child (I am 3rd of 5 - a Borg reference for Star Trek fans) who grew up in a very noisy household, I somehow need background noise when I'm trying to concentrate.

Last edited:

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
(Ann with an E until it got weird)
I agree with you about Ann with an E! I watched part of the first season, but couldn't finish. It is so different from the books!! Is the E for edgy? Or Emotionally Excruciating? I makes me want to reread Anne of Green Gables, because despite Anne's difficult upbringing, she had so much hope and imagination.

ReadyOrNot

I agree with you about Ann with an E! I watched part of the first season, but couldn't finish. It is so different from the books!! Is the E for edgy? Or Emotionally Excruciating? I makes me want to reread Anne of Green Gables, because despite Anne's difficult upbringing, she had so much hope and imagination.

Yes, agreed! Why did they have to make this show ‘culturally relevant’??

borrowedtime

Yes, agreed! Why did they have to make this show ‘culturally relevant’??

Kinda reminds me of all the back patting with Black Panther cause black people could “finally know they can be super hero’s” even though super heroes aren’t real and the movie was fairly political leaning. One of the worst MCU movies imho.

on a serious note, I watch a lot of shark tank and it always makes me smile a little when a black inventor comes in and plays victim cards and Darin makes them stop cause because he grew up single mother ghetto black neighborhood and he never allowed it to stop him from not getting involved with gangs or Persuing his career he has now.

Batfan7

I'm looking at the new Disney show "prop culture" (I like documentaries in general). In case you haven't heard of it, it's just a guy picking an older Disney film and seeing what props remain and what stories the old actors/directors come up with. I saw the 'Honey, I shrunk the kids' one and didn't learn much, but thought it was fun anyway.

Other than that, what we have on in the house is usually pre-school appropriate. There's the occasional honestly good kid's show (Tumble Leaf, Wallyzakam, Umizoomi, Stinky & Dirty), a whole slew of "okay" stuff. And then some stuff that I'm like "Why do you want to watch that obnoxious junk?? No!" (Blippy, Ryan's World, SpongeBob). By the time the kids go the bed, the last thing I want is more noise, so it very rare I'll watch a show just for me.

Jonathan

Three days ago I subscribed to a 7 day free trial of Disney Plus. Despite the fact they (Disney) ruined Star Wars, I figured I wanted to watch The Mandalorian. Eight episodes, about 25 minutes each. So, I gotta say, it was a cool series and I hope they make more. (Who can't help but love a baby Yoda?). Then, I am going to watch "The Rise of Skywalker" (also included), to see how bad it truly was.

They also include a few Marvel flicks I never spent the coin for, but at some point, I am going to feel guilty. I don't believe in getting something for free unless it comes from God himself. So, I might just allow my $6.99 subscription to tarry for a few months and explore other things on the service.

The video and bandwidth quality is very good, which is saying something considering half the country is home on their computers doing exactly what I am doing.

By the way, I won't mention names, but Sponge Bob is high entertainment in my mind. Although, I have the luxury of not having kids.

penbrat

As the world gets darker and crazier and I have been home more, I have discovered a local station that binges old sitcoms. I've watched: Alice, Three's Company, Family Ties, Facts of Life, Andy Griffith, Hazel, Petticoat Junction, The Love Boat and other shows. Love it. I rarely turn on the news anymore, unless its the weather. I read my news online or listen to the local Christian Radio Station. It's helped my anxiety a bit.