What's Keeping You Going This Year (Besides Prayer)?

ShilohRose

They actually demanded we leave. It cost many of us a big chunk of work. It wasn’t just a timid ask. It was a very nasty blowup that the papers even wrote about. This is the site that started the nasty hat ladies. I’m glad most Christian designers left like I did.
Wow! I hadn't heard anything about this. I went to the website, and the designs I saw are beautiful. I have done a little crochet, a baby blanket for my youngest, but I seem to have no talent for anything like this, although I have always wanted to do it.

Eric Nicholas

What keeps me going, besides of course the obvious, is I play online games sometimes with my brother, which allows some nice conversation, the hope of the rapture ( biggie there ), and my medieval weapons. I also daydream of pizza ( I haven't had it in seven months ), which helps me take breath once more.

What keeps me going, besides of course the obvious, is I play online games sometimes with my brother, which allows some nice conversation, the hope of the rapture ( biggie there ), and my medieval weapons. I also daydream of pizza ( I haven't had it in seven months ), which helps me take breath once more.
We both do, bro (pizza and rapture. medieval weapons...not so much. Unless I can load Nancy Pelosi in a catapult with Schumer, DeBlasio and Cuomo and aim it for the ocean).

(I need therapy as well).

MilkyWay1

Oh man...just Jesus. Literally without him I’d be a complete hopeless, joyless wreck of a human being. He has been so so good to me to keep my spirits up during all of what’s happened the last few months. He is everything to me. And of course, my children keep me going as well. I’m trying to pay close attention to them growing every day just in case Christ does call us home soon. I know there’s a good chance I won’t see my little ones grow to adulthood, marry, etc.

lamonte

In Hebrews 11 there are a great cloud of witnesses, one of those was Noah. When Noah was around 480 years old, God told him judgment was coming by water. Heb 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
After he was told these thing he had his first son around the age of 500 years old. The flood started when he was around 600 years old. It say in 2 pet 2:5 he was a preacher of righteousness, bring in the flood upon the world of the ungodly.
Just like Noah I most share the good news of the Gospel which could be like the Ark in Noahs day. The coming judgment by fire 2 Pet 3 could be like the flood waters. I want to share the Hope I have with my grand kids my family my neighbors until I go to sleep and be with him or he comes.
I know this hard, it’s a daily fight, when my eyes are on the world and it’s wisdom, I start to worry, or I get anxious and even depressed. But When I look through the eyes of Jesus which is through reading scripture I have peace because of all his promises. Through faith we can Rest in what He says Heb 3,4.

This would be a good verse to memorize--2Co 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. Hebrew chapter 11 would also be a good chapter to read.

lamonte

We believers have purpose

Most people have heard of Joe Namath. He was born in Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, starred on a national championship football team at Alabama, led the New York Jets to win the Super Bowl, and remains well known for his charisma, good looks, success, and place in the professional football Hall of Fame. Namath lived a life of human passions.

Jim Elliot was a square, at least by the world’s standards. He was born in Portland, Oregon in the 20’s and died in the 50’s before he reached his 30’s. Like Namath, he was handsome, bright, and very athletic. He could have played college football, but chose to attend relatively tiny Wheaton College instead. Girls had crushes on him, but he never had sex with a woman until he was married. He never used drugs, he never got drunk at a beer pong party, and he turned down careers in which he could have excelled at making money to go and translate the Bible for a people-group in South America that had never heard the gospel. In return, the people whom he gave his life to reach took his life with their knives and spears. His body was dumped in a river in the middle of a jungle.

Jim never won the Super Bowl, never made any money, loved only one woman, and is not famous to anyone except a small remnant of Christians who have read Elisabeth Elliot’s most excellent books.

Jim prayed, "God, I pray, light these idle sticks of my life, and may I burn up for Thee. Consume my life, my God, for it is Thine. I seek not a long life but a full one like Yours, Lord Jesus.”

He also said, "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot

Walk Softly

I have done a little crochet, a baby blanket for my youngest, but I seem to have no talent for anything like this, although I have always wanted to do it.
It's never smooth when you first try something new. I don't remember much about my very first pieces, but it did take me quite a while to get good. I didn't have a computer when I first started learning, and even when I did have a computer, it never occurred to me that there would be how-to vids on Youtube!

I can't draw to save my life, so crochet has been a really precious creative outlet. There have been disasters and triumphs both, and when I master a really difficult pattern, it's a real thrill. Overall, the crochet has been a sanity saver, because it's been 10 years now that I have been too disabled to work, and I have way too much time on my hands! I do thread both for the patterns, and because it's a very inexpensive hobby. I can have an absolute splurge at Hobby Lobby for $20 if I'm feeling rich, but usually, total cash investment in pattern and thread is under $10.

I hope you have something to brighten your days, Shiloh. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers :hug

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
What's keeping going is the fact that God chose me to be alive at this time. Clearly He has a reason and a purpose for me. If my being here at this time under these circumstances is His will, then why fight it? Better to face each day positively regardless of my circumstances, confident in the knowledge that He knows what He is doing.
Amen.
I agree.

anath

I Love the Lord
Me too. These are definitely challenging times but He is still with me. I find I need Him more and more though
I have a garden I love to work in, a bunch of cats, Mike to care for and I cook everything from scratch and love making desserts like cakes and pies but it's too hot at the present time.

HugsFromJesus

I am binging on Galyna Borysova's thread crochet patterns this year. That's been a needed bright spot for me. What is everyone else doing to try to stay sane this year?

https://www.ravelry.com/designers/galyna-borysova-2
I am an avid reader. I have taken the Goodreads.com reading challenge this year. I pledged 50 books for 2020. I could do more but I read all the time, maybe it is not a book. I read articles and anything else that strikes my fancy.This is my first challenge at Goodreads and I am going to do it every year, God willing! I also surf online and learn something new as often as I can. I ask myself a question before I fall asleep, it is "What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? " I have also started writing a book. I have the page numbers done! :)

chaser

We trust you Jesus, you are the only King forever!
It has been a crazy year so far for most of the planet, for me personally I had to deal with a tumor on the side of my foot that was growing deeper into my foot. Tumor was removed in February and it took about 2 months for me to get up to speed. What keeps me going is knowing I'm in His hands, I have His promises, He is with me every second, I have nothing to fear, He gives me his peace , I am a child of the King. We have quite a bit of landscaping in our back yard, plants needed to be moved or replaced, drip irrigation lines were started last year and completed in June but needed to be adjusted frequently, all is good now. Plenty to do around the home front, I like projects and getting things done, also getting some fishing time in and once in a while a trip to the outdoor shooting range. During the winter months I spend more time on RF, but weather permitting I have outdoor work to get done, there is much work yet to be started and completed, unless we Rapture, which is just fine with Mary and I !!