What’s a Unity church?

usoutpost31

As I understand it, it's a liberal view of religion and theology that claims the name of Christ but doesn't take the Bible literally. "Spiritual but not religious", they believe in positive thinking, God(not as He is revealed in the Bible, but ideas derived from other religions); and in their own divine nature.

Their followers call themselves Christians, but their views are not aligned with Biblical truths. Betty White going to this church is presumably the reason she is described as a Christian elsewhere; I could not find any statements of faith from her.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Betty White going to this church is presumably the reason she is described as a Christian elsewhere; I could not find any statements of faith from her.
Your statement above is what some people think if you go to church that makes you a Christian. It doesn't make you a Christian any more than going in the garage makes you a car. A person must be born again putting their faith and trust in :fish for their salvation. It isn't about religion but a relationship.

Nemophilist

Unity is definitely a false religion. Years ago, not long after I was saved, my 14 year old step daughter came to stay with us. She wanted us all to go visit a Unity church since that's what she'd been attending in another state. I knew nothing about it, but went and it was awful. There was a woman "preacher" who never once mentioned the Bible or Jesus. She talked mostly about how we are all gods, and went on and on about John Denver (of all things :rolleyes: ) and her great admiration of him. They believe everyone goes to heaven no matter what. I felt like the Holy Spirit was saying to me 'leave this place and never come back'. So that's what I did.