What would have happened if the Jews had accepted Jesus as Messiah at first coming?

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
Well this thread just got even more interesting...

It was the tree that opened their eyes once they ate it’s fruit. It’s almost like they gained a level of self-awareness, given how they suddenly knew they were naked.

Was God’s only rule to not eat of the tree? If so, Adam & Eve could have never sinned and would have lived on and populated the planet forever. They would not have passed down a sin nature to humankind.

If God created other rules for them to follow and they broke one of the rules, maybe they would have walked around still “oblivious” (for lack of a better term) of the knowledge of good and evil.

Now that I think about it and ramble on, maybe the tree really was the source of the sin nature that’s passed down. Without it, maybe we wouldn’t have a sin nature. We’d have the ability to sin like the angels but could choose not to. Unlike our bodies today.

/rambling over. But such a good tangent on this topic @Rocky Rivera !
I truly believe that God is the only one who could handle knowing both good and evil without being corrupted. Mankind could not handle such knowledge and therefor became corrupted. When everything is made perfect again, there won't ever be a thought of evil.
I hope this helps,
God bless
Brother Albert

Last edited:

DanLMP

Interesting, but let's take the question even further back. What if instead of obeying the serpent's suggestion, Adam and Eve decided to chop down, uproot, and burn the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil? God only commanded them not to eat of it, but He did not make any prohibitions against burning it.

Orrrr...

What if Adam and Eve didn't sin but someone further down the family tree?

Would we then have a world filled with sinners and non sinners?

Rocky R.

Orrrr...

What if Adam and Eve didn't sin but someone further down the family tree?

Would we then have a world filled with sinners and non sinners?
I'm thinking that if Adam and Eve passed the test and didn't heed Satan's suggestion to eat of the tree, God would have immediately put Satan and his angels in the Lake of Fire, killed the tree and then fixed Adam and Eve's characters so they can't sin. But that would be a lesser victory of sorts -- no Christ, no cross, no resurrection, no new heavens and new earth, and human beings would be to God just a highly-exalted pet rather than sons and daughters, no bride of Christ either.

Back