What was your favorite decade and why?

Lovin Jesus

1970's
To me the most complicated thing for me was the fast changing fashion styles we had because there was so much variety to choose from

Tie Dye shirts
Leisure Suits white or pastels (Bee Gee's and Saturday night fever style) Guys
Polyester suits
Corduroy Pants and Corduroy Jackets guys
Pin Stripe Pants and Pin Stripe Jackets for guys
Denim Jeans
Mini Skirts
Midi Skirts
Maxi Skirts
Hot Pants (short shorts)
Pedal Pushers, Capri, Crop Pants
Suede Fringe Jackets and Fringe Belts
Knee Highs Socks
Fish Nets Stockings
Boots, knee high, ankle high
Gauchos
Ponchos
Hats were popular for guys, usually with leisure suits
Chokers, Dog collars, large medallion necklaces
Head Bands
Bangles
Huge frame eye glasses (some tinted) / Elton John made some popular
Rhinestones on everything-- Rhinestone Cowboy song was popular in the 70's
Knit sweater dresses
Pea Coats
Tweed Jackets
Wide Ties for men
Legging pants with stir-ups
Doc Martins
Platforms shoes
Suede shoes
Saddle shoes

And then the hair oh it was a decade of hair
the Shag
the feathered look, salons were flooded with women asking to make their hair look like Farrah Fawcett
The Crimped Look
Hair Parted down the middle (Marsha Marsha Marsha)

NewWine2020

Multiple choice is accepted and you may state any favorite year as well, you are free to do what you will.

My multiple choice decades were the 1950’s and 1980’s.

1950’s because it was a more moral time and we probably didn’t have a curse on America then. We went to sleep at night with the front door open.

1980’s because me and my father hunted and fished together. I would go camping in camper trailer with my parents also I would go on vacation with them in the camper.

I had so much fun in the 1980’s.

I've gotta say the 1990's; I was very busy; working full time as well as enrolled in community College, determined to make it unlike anything High school had been like (grade wise and social wise).

I got saved (or at least the seeds of my later embracing my salvation) while at work, working in a bakery; the "clean up guy" was a uni student doing that part time while he studied to become a teacher. He and I were roughly the same age and he was a die hard, stubborn headed yet patient and long suffering Christian who I had almost a year of discussions with ( in between doing our respective jobs) about the world, life, theology and most of all about Jesus that became so heated at times I literally wanted to punch this dude. :) While we were both on the clock....sometimes in front of customers.

I said the Sinners prayer for the first time with him behind an industrial sized oven at the back of the bakery and it began my relationship with my savior...I still lived, talked and made decisions that were very much indistinguishable from "the world" for a very long time afterwards and I still had a lot of animosity about "the church" (meaning organized religion) but I would never again be "comfortable in my sin."

My second favorite would be the mid 2000's when I married my wife (my first and only marriage; never in a million yrs thought I would want to as a single lad, lol) a woman that I had already known as a beloved friend for nearly 20 yrs (met at Community college and became "besties"/kept in touch in a non romantic fashion for that whole time. She became a very dedicated Christian in those years and she helped me to finally come to terms with what Christianity IS and IS NOT...

It's an incredible thing to be equally yoked with your best friend! :)

Lady Di

Finishing my race with joy
The 1980's because that's when I was having my babies. The 1990's because i was homeschooling my now growing babies and our family did a lot of fun things together. Things like visiting historic sites. Not sure if the kids were too keen on it but my husband and I had a blast. And we did a lot of camping. It was tent camping. And hubby, who was a former boy scout, taught us all how to live in the wilderness. It was great. I didn't realize how great it was until it was over.

seated with Christ

I didn't know you worked for Jimmy Swaggart. What did you do for him if you don't mind me asking
I worked in the Tape Room where the duplication of magnetic tape (cassette and reel to reel) was done.

I worked on duplicating cassettes on the world’s largest cassette duplication machine of a particular brand.

I was so nimble at putting the blank cassette’s into the recorder that other employees from other departments would stop and watch me on their way to chapel.

Later on, I duplicated 7in. reel to reel tapes of his radio program and those were mailed all over the nation and Islands of the sea.

The first time Jimmy Swaggart spoke to me I was dumbfounded. He walked through the room and he said, Hello, Tiger; I couldn’t utter a word. ;)

penbrat

I worked in the Tape Room where the duplication of magnetic tape (cassette and reel to reel) was done.

I worked on duplicating cassettes on the world’s largest cassette duplication machine of a particular brand.

I was so nimble at putting the blank cassette’s into the recorder that other employees from other departments would stop and watch me on their way to chapel.

Later on, I duplicated 7in. reel to reel tapes of his radio program and those were mailed all over the nation and Islands of the sea.

The first time Jimmy Swaggart spoke to me I was dumbfounded. He walked through the room and he said, Hello, Tiger; I couldn’t utter a word. ;)
That is so cool

Andy C

The 60s was great as it was my pre teen decade, lots of fun family outings.

The 70s was my teen years, and the most fun. However, it was the fun of an unsaved teenager.

80s,90s, and part of the 2000s were in the Marines, fun, and hard times, most of that time I was still unsaved.

The best is everyday since mid 2000s when I became saved.

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
Multiple choice is accepted and you may state any favorite year as well, you are free to do what you will.

My multiple choice decades were the 1950’s and 1980’s.

1950’s because it was a more moral time and we probably didn’t have a curse on America then. We went to sleep at night with the front door open.

1980’s because me and my father hunted and fished together. I would go camping in camper trailer with my parents also I would go on vacation with them in the camper.

I had so much fun in the 1980’s.
Can I say my favorite even if I was never around then?

Leigh

This is a great thread!

I have to say, there's good and bad (but by far - good!) in every decade of my life. I don't think I can pick a favorite! I've loved them all!

:)

And what Lady Di said above, "I didn't realize how great it was until it was over" is so true, isn't it? Back in 2002 we moved into a different house and lived there for about 7 months before my husband took a job out of state and we moved here. A few years ago I realized that those 7 months we lived in Suwanee, GA were the best and happiest months of my entire life, for many reasons.