What To Expect Labor

cheeky200386

May I give you a little advice? I have four children. The first baby I wanted to keep by my side 24 hours a day in the hospital. I did not want her in the nursery except when they needed to take vitals. A nurse told me, you should get as much sleep as possible and let us take care of her and just rest. You will have plenty of time to bond. We will bring her when you need to feed. Well, l I did not take her advice and wished I had. The second, third and fourth baby lol, I had them kept in the hospital nursery as long as possible because I knew I needed to get much needed rest. Just an FYI in case you wanted to hear a different perspective.

We're having a home birth and plan to have him sleep in a bassinet in our bedroom. Thankfully my husband and mom will be helping so I can get rest after the birth. My mom lives upstairs from us so she'll be easily accessible.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
A shower of prayers is greatly desired!! Can never get enough prayers sister. Especially in the days ahead and what we're up against in raising children. I'm praying for my husband's and now son's salvation.
Burning the midnight oil? I remember when you were first telling us that you were pregnant, the time has flown by! Your son is blessed to have you as his mother, truly. I worry about the way of the world and being over protective with my children but there comes a point when you just have to rely on God. I say this because I can relate and I have heard you mention your concerns about this before. Let me encourage you. You can just do your best, and as us Christians know, our best is never 'good enough.' God will protect and guide your family in all things!

What a blessing it is to know God and to be able to go to Him whenever we need guidance or comfort :)

cheeky200386

Burning the midnight oil? I remember when you were first telling us that you were pregnant, the time has flown by! Your son is blessed to have you as his mother, truly. I worry about the way of the world and being over protective with my children but there comes a point when you just have to rely on God. I say this because I can relate and I have heard you mention your concerns about this before. Let me encourage you. You can just do your best, and as us Christians know, our best is never 'good enough.' God will protect and guide your family in all things!

What a blessing it is to know God and to be able to go to Him whenever we need guidance or comfort :)

That's very true! Definitely a needed reminder that we need to trust God to do what we can't. Yeah my sleep is all messed up lately. Mike and I are night owls, so we're usually up until 2:00am but it's been hard to fall back to sleep after my bathroom trip around 8am.

I'm curious what the odds are that Peter will be a night owl too. I can't wait to meet him!!

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
That's very true! Definitely a needed reminder that we need to trust God to do what we can't. Yeah my sleep is all messed up lately. Mike and I are night owls, so we're usually up until 2:00am but it's been hard to fall back to sleep after my bathroom trip around 8am.

I'm curious what the odds are that Peter will be a night owl too. I can't wait to meet him!!
I love the avatar change!

cheeky200386

Thank you ladies! We just got our photos yesterday and I just love to see how happy Mike is about our baby. He had such a negative experience with his ex gf and daughter that he was hesitant about having a child ever again.

Seeing him light up and talk to my belly is too cute. I just can't wait for them to have father son moments!

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

Circadian rhythms are partly inherited and partly environmental. About 3 percent of the population is naturally up-side-down and thrives on overnight shifts :smile This is very different than early birds and night owls, which are time-shifted based on morningness/nightness and still function within workable parameters of majority societal "norms." About 15 percent of the population can function on overnights for awhile with no ill effects. The other 85 percent can't. No one can work rotating shifts that include all 24 hours for any length of time without serious harm due to sleep deprivation from insufficient quantity or quality of sleep. Circadian rhythm disorders and sleep deprivation can lead to depression, schizophrenia, irritability, impatience, other mental and emotional disorders, increased susceptibility to illness, other adverse medical conditions, and injury, and suicide :tappingfoot

Whoever invented the monstrosity of rotating shifts should be tied to a 3-dimensional whirlybird forever :tappingfoot Sleep deprivation is a well-known form of torture and has been implicated directly or indirectly, at least in part, as causal/contributory to the majority of industrial and first responder accidents/incidents, so why schedules that cause this are permitted is beyond me :tappingfoot

:soapbox :rant

Last edited:

cheeky200386

Circadian rhythms can be partly inherited and partly environmental. About 3 percent of the population is naturally up-side-down and thrives on overnight shifts :smile This is very different than early birds and night owls, which are time-shifted based on morningness/nightness and still function within workable parameters of majority societal "norms."

Whoever invented the monstrosity of rotating shifts should be tied to a 3-dimensional whirlybird forever :tappingfoot Sleep deprivation is a well-known form of torture and implicated directly or indirectly, at least in part as causal/contributory, to the majority of accidents, so why schedules that cause this are permitted is beyond me :tappingfoot

:soapbox :rant

I've worked with many ER nurse clients and their schedules sound like torture. I don't understand the rotating schedules either and how that could be considered safe. Waking up early one day and then working over night the next. That's awful!

The only morning person in my immediate family is my mom. My father and all 4 of us kids are night owls. Mike, his brothers, and mother are night owls too. Only his father is a morning person. I'm so happy Mike and I are the same because that could easily cause strain on days off.

Accepted

I've worked with many ER nurse clients and their schedules sound like torture. I don't understand the rotating schedules either and how that could be considered safe. Waking up early one day and then working over night the next. That's awful!

The only morning person in my immediate family is my mom. My father and all 4 of us kids are night owls. Mike, his brothers, and mother are night owls too. Only his father is a morning person. I'm so happy Mike and I are the same because that could easily cause strain on days off.
Cheeky, you and Mike are a beautiful couple! I love the pic!

You get to meet Peter soon - it’s going to be wonderful!

cheeky200386

Cheeky, you and Mike are a beautiful couple! I love the pic!

You get to meet Peter soon - it’s going to be wonderful!
Aww that's sweet of you to say. I can't wait to meet baby Peter. I keep staring at my stomach as he moves around in there trying to imagine what he looks like. The anticipation is sooo much.

I keep thinking about how we are all anticipating the rapture. We can't wait to see Jesus!! It's so interesting how Jesus uses labor pains for what will build up before his 2nd coming. Thank God we'll be gone before the Great Tribulation and the worst of the labor pains are here.