What Happens to the False Prophet before Jesus throws him into the Lake of Fire?

castcrowns

I've read a great deal about the Antichrist's fate, but the Bible seems vague about the False Prophet.

Here is what I mean specifically:

The Antichrist is mortally wounded through his right eye, and also receives a wound to one of his arms.
This happens mid-Tribulation.
(Zechariah 11:17; Revelation 13:3)

Then he returns to life. NOTE: This is not resurrection, but likely raising from the dead such as Lazarus was.
(Revelation 17:8)

When he returns to life, his soul comes out of the Abyss. So he doesn't go to the same place in hell where the rest of the damned are.
(Revelation 17:8)

During the Final Conflict, Jesus Christ mortally wounds the Antichrist with the breath of His mouth.
(2 Thessalonians 2:8)

The Antichrist's dead body will be trampled, and he will be denied burial.
(Isaiah 14:19-20)

The spirits of the dead in hell are shocked when the Antichrist arrives there.
(Isaiah 14: 9-11)

Tribulation survivors will gaze upon his unburied corpse.
(Isaiah 14:16-20)

Although I haven't found any specific scriptures, it seems that Jesus resurrects the Antichrist before throwing him into the Lake of Fire.
(Revelation 19:20)

Revelation 19:20 is all I found on the fate of the False Prophet, too.
Is he translated to his immortal body?
Or is he executed first, then resurrected before being thrown into the Lake of Fire?

Andy C

Im not sure I understand your question as the bible says both are thrown alive in to the lake of fire.

Revelation 19:
20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with whichhe deceived them that had received the mark of the beast,and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that satupon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth:and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

Andy C

Is he translated to his immortal body?

Those alive in the church are transformed in a flash during the rapture, so probably the same for the AC and FP as they are being tossed in the LOF.

To my knowledge, no scripture has an exact answer, but whatever body is needed, will happen in a flash, and will be perfect for what their eternal punishment will be.

castcrowns

How is 'raising from the dead' not a resurrection?
Raising the dead that I'm referring to is like raising Lazarus from the dead.
Jesus raised him after he was in his grave four days. But He did not resurrect Lazarus yet, because this was before His Crucifixion, Burial, and Resurrection.
Lazarus would die again later after the Church Age began, and will be resurrected along with the Dead in Christ at the Rapture.

There are many accounts of people who were raised from the dead by OT prophets and the Apostles, too, through the power of the Holy Spirit. But that was not the same as Resurrection.

Resurrection is physical life in the immortal, eternal state.

Raising the dead that I refer to is return to physical life in the mortal, temporary state on Earth.

IMO, God allows Satan this power one time only for His Purposes of fulfilling prophecy.
I base my opinion on the scripture from Job 1.
But the Power of Resurrection is the Lord's Power only.

Jan51

Perhaps the beast and the false prophet are not human.
Mat. 25:41 Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

So it would seem odd if the first ones thrown in were men. But maybe they are the devil's angels.

Rev. 17:8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to come up out of the abyss and go to destruction

The abyss is not the abode of men.

Last edited:

castcrowns

Perhaps the beast and the false prophet are not human.
IMO, they are both fully human.

However, I have heard many argue that they might be Nephilim.

Regardless of which opinion is correct, it will all be known when they are destroyed.

Jan51

IMO, they are both fully human.

However, I have heard many argue that they might be Nephilim.

Regardless of which opinion is correct, it will all be known when they are destroyed.
Besides the two passages I quoted, two other things also make me wonder.

The KJV uses the term "beast" to refer to heavenly beings, Rev. 4:6-9 and other passages. (The NASB uses the term "creature.") The word in Strong’s Concordance means: living thing, animal, creature. The Antichrist is also referred to as a beast, but with a slightly different Greek word that according to Strong's means: wild, venomous creature. The implication is a wicked heavenly being, which would encompass Satan and demons.

In Dan 10:13, 20 the term "prince" speaks of a supernatural being. We read in Dan. 9:25 of Messiah the "prince" and in 9:26 of the people of "the prince who is to come." In Eph. 2:2, Paul calls Satan the "prince" of the power of the air (the wicked angels and their realm).

Things that make you go "hmmm".....

Back