What Happened to You Today?

Flavius Sabinus

Drove back today (3 hour drive) after 4 nights in the Myrtle Beach, SC area for a fun beach vacation. I was in total vacation mode and intentionally stayed away from the news and current events. We were blessed with perfect weather which made for some memorable times in the water, beach and the pools.

We also ate at some good restaurants, particularly Father's Day lunch at an upscale place on the marina called Clark's. Though a little pricy the dishes were sensational. Glad to be back at home but unfortunately have work in the morning again.

Last edited:

athenasius

Tonight we're in Quesnel, BC, Can. Tomorrow we will enter the USA and pass through Chaz. We'll keep our windows rolled up and try to drive right through. I understand that one bite and you become one of them. That's a scary thought. We're aiming for Lakewood WA tomorrow.
From the heart of redneck BC country, to the republic of Chaz or whatever they call themselves now! Quite a stretch in one day!
After we get to Cottage Grove, hopefully tomorrow, I'll discuss with my sister how long our recovery break will be. My son needs to be available for a Zoom conference on the 23rd, so we might start back north sometime after that, maybe on the 25th. I know I need some recovery time.

The Lord has been merciful by giving us a relatively trouble free trip, may His blessings continue to cover us.
Praying for that Tall Timbers!

Sorry about that fuel cost! I hope it won't take too many trips to pack everything down south and that you don't have to spend another winter up there. Last winter the snow dump was really difficult in Whitehorse, thankfully my step mum has a good neighbour because my step brother had surgery and couldn't plow her out. Really heavy snowfall.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
From the heart of redneck BC country, to the republic of Chaz or whatever they call themselves now! Quite a stretch in one day!

Praying for that Tall Timbers!

Sorry about that fuel cost! I hope it won't take too many trips to pack everything down south and that you don't have to spend another winter up there. Last winter the snow dump was really difficult in Whitehorse, thankfully my step mum has a good neighbour because my step brother had surgery and couldn't plow her out. Really heavy snowfall.

Yeah, last winter presented some interesting challenges... I'll probably be in Alaska at least one more winter even if I manage to purchase a home Outside this summer/fall. I'll send my wife south and babysit the Alaska home until it sells.

We're in Cottage Grove now, with trailer. Trips half way done. We need to recover some and then will head back north. It's almost 9 p.m. and way past my bed time. I'm exhausted.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Im glad most of the bikes today are unisex. Im currently riding my wifes old bike, which is unisex. If the frame bar was as high as a mans bike, Im not sure after a hard ride I could get my leg over it when getting off the bike. Im really enjoying riding, and today was just 11 miles, but I added a few speed miles during my ride. Unisex frame bars are half way between the height of a mens and womens frame.

I get a summer break from taking my GD to and from school everyday, and my wife gets a break from cooking her eggs every morning! My GD is in a summer camp every week, and four of those weeks are at the best summer church camp I have ever seen. Cabins in a wooded area, lake, swimming pool, horseback riding, and most importantly, and excellent youth pastor who does a great job in teaching them Gods Word in the outdoor amphitheater.

The unisex bike frames look like Mixte frames. Mixtes are supposed to be stronger than either men's or women's frames.

I have a 10-speed from when I was a teenager. Even though it was the smallest adult frame that brand made, with the seat at the lowest and 27 or even 26 inch wheels, it was a little big for me then, and then I stopped growing :frown I've shrunk, so not sure I can even ride the bike anymore :cry

Lastcall

A neighbor told us about some good bike trails, and a top one is a 28 mile out and back paved trail in Cottage Grove called the Row River trail. I Watched a few you tube videos on it, very scenic and runs along side of a river. We will ride this is a few weeks. I recently bought a mid size pickup, and we also bought a bike tailgate pad/carrier that we can safely transport our bikes with.

My favorite part of my new adventures of riding a bike is doing so with my wife. Without her new MS medications, long rides would not be possible for her. For now, we can do this together, venturing out and finding new trails to ride while enjoying the beautiful scenery this state offers. We feel like kids again, and she will probably make me hold her hand while walking….:oops: :biggrin

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
A neighbor told us about some good bike trails, and a top one is a 28 mile out and back paved trail in Cottage Grove called the Row River trail. I Watched a few you tube videos on it, very scenic and runs along side of a river.

That's where my son and I have been jogging since we arrived in Cottage Grove. We park at Dorena Lake and run in either direction.

Carl

I purchased the wood to make a book case. Then I tried to square up one of the boards with my old mitre saw. Spent total of 7 or 8 hours trying to calibrate the saw so that it would cut 90 degrees. Finally gave up and purchased a saw I was looking at yesterday for $350 +/-. Now spending about 4 hours calibrating and setting up the saw so it will work the way I expect it to.

Lynn

Longing for Home
We're currently in Rochester MN for follow up eye appt's at Mayo where my dh had eye surgery done last month. We sat outside on the hotel patio this evening and it was very pleasant just relaxing and hearing the birds. Leaving MN tomorrow after seeing the doctor. We miss being at home and we're looking forward to getting back to our own comfortable chairs and home made meals.