What Happened to You Today?

caligal

I'm watching a big truck lifting our new roofing up to the roof. The old one is 18 yrs old and been through 2or 3 hurricanes, close call tornadoes, and I don't know how many hail storms. It is supposed to be installed Thurs but the extended weather report says no, so I don't know how they will work that out.

We are still renovating from two floods and now we are getting a whole new kitchen. I should be thrilled but I am so tired of living through one thing after another that makes our home a mess. I am very grateful that God has made sure we have the resources to be able to do it though. The Lord has taken care of us thru one disaster after another. We are keeping the same floor plan because it works so well for us but the cabinets will be more efficient for me.

Leigh

When Daniel graduated last week I don't know how many students there were, but they split it into 5 smaller ceremonies over two days. There were about 700 in his ceremony (School of Engineering) and we were pleasantly surprised it was done in a little over an hour.

There was not a commencement speech, just a few opening remarks, then a student sang the Star Spangled Banner and said a prayer (which shocked us all but she did not say "In Jesus' name" - only ended it "Amen"), introduction of school VIPs, then they got to business calling out each graduate who walked across stage and shook the president's hand, and suddenly, it was over!

We figured all the restaurants would be overflowing with families so we ended up going back to Daniel's apartment and he cooked a delicious fried shrimp and grits dinner for the 9 of us.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
My son has his diploma. In a little over an hour he'll be commissioned. When I was helping my son figure out the order of his two ribbons I noticed I'd put mine on upside down after the last dry cleaning. Glad I saw it before I started shaking hands with the generals. Am hoping @Andy C doesn't see this post. A marine would never make a mistake with their uniform.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
My son has his diploma. In a little over an hour he'll be commissioned. When I was helping my son figure out the order of his two ribbons I noticed I'd put mine on upside down after the last dry cleaning. Glad I saw it before I started shaking hands with the generals. Am hoping @Andy C doesn't see this post. A marine would never make a mistake with their uniform.
Congratulations :bighug to your son and family, and thanks for the great:thumbup :thumbup pic of you in uniform. I am sure you are very proud of your son. Enjoy :D the rest of your trip, and a safe return home.:bighug

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Commissioning was in Nassau Hall. That building is one of the buildings where our founding fathers did something. Maybe one of our historians can fill us in on what they did at Nassau Hall.

I commissioned my son under a portrait of George Washington before the mass commissioning ceremony. Gen Milley, a graduate of Princeton, did the mass commissioning. Afterwards he shook my hand while discreeting gifting me a gen milley challenge coin. I told my older son, who wasn't in uniform, that I'd give him the coin but wanted to hold onto it in case Gen Milley challenged me later.

Then instead, I introduced my older son to Gen Milley and towards the end of their conversation my older boy found himself with his own coin.

athenasius

Commissioning was in Nassau Hall. That building is one of the buildings where our founding fathers did something. Maybe one of our historians can fill us in on what they did at Nassau Hall.

I commissioned my son under a portrait of George Washington before the mass commissioning ceremony. Gen Milley, a graduate of Princeton, did the mass commissioning. Afterwards he shook my hand while discreeting gifting me a gen milley challenge coin. I told my older son, who wasn't in uniform, that I'd give him the coin but wanted to hold onto it in case Gen Milley challenged me later.

Then instead, I introduced my older son to Gen Milley and towards the end of their conversation my older boy found himself with his own coin.
Oh that's wonderful! Congratulations to your son (and his proud dad)!

Quiet day around here. Just a bit of housekeeping, supper was leftovers.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Quiet day for me. I only ventured out of my AirBnB to drop the wife off at the train station, to run, two meals, and I walked around a nearby Costco. Found my wife a big bag of dried shredded squid. She loves that. It's a 12 oz bag and I think the bags she finds in Fairbanks are a fraction of an ounce. She's gonna like this gift. Sometime tonight after I've been asleep for several hours I'll get a call to pick up the wife at the train station...

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Quiet day for me. I only ventured out of my AirBnB to drop the wife off at the train station, to run, two meals, and I walked around a nearby Costco. Found my wife a big bag of dried shredded squid. She loves that. It's a 12 oz bag and I think the bags she finds in Fairbanks are a fraction of an ounce. She's gonna like this gift. Sometime tonight after I've been asleep for several hours I'll get a call to pick up the wife at the train station...
When are you and your wife heading back to Alaska?