What Happened to You Today?

Carl

Yesterday son and I cleaned up corner of house and then picked up split and stacked firewood laying around. Made cat feed mixing station. Woke up at 4:00 AM and discovered blood pressure 165 over 93. Finally got it down to 145 over 88 at 6:30 and went back to sleep. Drove back to city at 9:30. Have dr. appt Monday.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Went to a new church this morning. Extremely conservative and traditional. Nice service with Holy Communion with Common Cup (no individual cups or intincture offered) :smile Good Bible study before service and friendly, but not fake, people :smile

Will likely go to their Ascension Day service and next Sunday and see how it goes.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Worked yesterday on putting up 4 sections of privacy fence that broke back in the storm in 2020. There were some small oak trees holding the fence up so I was never in a hurry to fix it. I had a tree service over here last week and now the small oak trees are not there anymore. I took the 4 sections down and replaced the posts on Friday evening that were broken. Was in the middle of working on it yesterday and my wife got a phone call that he mother was in the ER. So, she took off an hour to Alabama yesterday. I didn't get anything else done yesterday with the fence. MIL turned out to be good and was back home within 2-3 hours. My wife just texted and is on the way home. It is raining here and I can't get anything done today with regards to the fence. I might go take a :snoopy

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
This wasn't today, but a couple days ago I was driving and stopped at a red light. I noticed the person behind me had a box of food and a bag on top of their car. I rolled down my window and motioned frantically for them to check their roof, me being the good bystander that I am. There was no urgency on their part to remedy the situation, and they started driving when the light turned green without checking their roof at all.

It was only when they passed me that I realized it was one of those signs to show it was a pizza delivery driver or some such. I was waving my hands around like an idiot for no reason
:lol

It really did look like a box and bag of food when I looked in the mirror.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Went to the lake today, relaxed and fished a bit, beautiful day, 68* and sunny, after a few hours we packed up and headed home, while going through this little town we saw a Hardees so we stopped in. I had a Angus beef/mushroom/swiss with chocolate shake , Mary had a hot ham/cheese combo, it was good glad we stopped. Back home now and feel like a nap, but it's too late for that, fresh air makes me sleepy.

athenasius

Went to a new church this morning. Extremely conservative and traditional. Nice service with Holy Communion with Common Cup (no individual cups or intincture offered) :smile Good Bible study before service and friendly, but not fake, people :smile

Will likely go to their Ascension Day service and next Sunday and see how it goes.

:pray :pray :amen :amen
Oh wow that would be great if it works out. Praying it does as I know you need one you can call home.

Zoom church for us this morning was cancelled as the people that run the camera and mikes are out of town and the other person who can do it is still sick. It's a small church and the pastor just retired so I'm actually not surprised, and hoping it doesn't fold. It's 2 hours up the highway from us so too long to drive. It's our daughter and son in law's church that they attend. Only about 6 or 7 regular families and all but 3 of the kids are from our grandchildren.

Lastcall

2 very relaxing nights in the hills are over. I did enjoy another run this morning, but now its time to pack and drive 80 miles back home.

Oregon has some whacky politicans, but the majority of the territory is conservative, minus the 3 biggest cities. The greenery in this state is IMO unmatched and I have been in almost every state. Too bad the only real pollution here is the democrat politicians.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
At the moment I'm sitting in a hard chair on a large lawn at Princeton. I'm sitting through the Class of '22 "Class Day". In a few minutes Fauci will be invited to the podium. Forum rules won't allow me to say more about that, but I gladly accept your condolences. Thankfully I've got an ebook on my phone.

Lastcall

At the moment I'm sitting in a hard chair on a large lawn at Princeton. I'm sitting through the Class of '22 "Class Day". In a few minutes Fauci will be invited to the podium. Forum rules won't allow me to say more about that, but I gladly accept your condolences. Thankfully I've got an ebook on my phone.
I knew you were a closet DR F fan…….o_O

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Seriously, Fauci is going to ruin the graduation. I wonder how many boo's he will get. Couldn't they get someone better must be desperate? Do you know how many is graduating? There was 800 in my high school graduation, and I was 798th.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I wonder how long the ceremony will last? I would like to see a pic of you dressed up. Is it possible to put one on your avatar pic?

I'll be wearing my military uniform for tomorrow's commissioning ceremony.

Today's thing only lasted 1 1/2 hours. The actual graduation ceremony will be in the sport's stadium... no idea how long it will last.