What Happened to You Today?

Andy C

We found out my wife will be starting a new MS medication in 3 weeks. She will have a once every 6 month infusion of Ocrevus. This insfusion hopefully will lessen the effects of her relapses, and lengthen the time in between each relapse. Over the last 6 months she has had more relapses then ever before, so prayers this med works.

I did some yard work, and also went over and to my daughters house and went crazy with my weed whacker before the weeds enveloped her duplex o_O. At almost 65, maybe Im too old to take care of my 29 year old daughters yard….:prophet:nod

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Praying this new medication/infusion will be helpful for Connie. And you are not too old, you still have a lot of fight , maybe spray the weeds and kill them off.
Good to see this thread back up again, but seems to be a gap, something must have happened. All I did today is take Mary to work, then went to 2 stores to fill our grocery list. Have to mow tomorrow before 2 pm, more rain coming in, too wet today to mow. Making dinner in about 1.5 hours, been reading RF all day.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
This last week I've been fixing little things around the house. The company that made our windows went out of business a long time ago. I've had a couple of window operators that stopped working as they'd worn out, but had no idea where to go to replace them. I'd been putting off fixing them for several years but finally became determined to see if the parts were out there. Fortunately they are and I can get them both locally and online. I replaced the operators on two windows and learned the name of the company that produces the parts and also the names of the parts so I can get more in the future should they be needed. I have one window that I think has a little leak so I'll see about replacing that after it gets warmer as there will be at least a week turnaround time. I replaced the kitchen faucet because randomly, though not often, the water would just stop running, and then resume when it was good and ready to. Since both hot and cold water would stop, I figured it had to be something in the faucet itself. So far the new one provides water when asked to... I repaired a hard to close door. Replaced a broken psi/temp gauge on the boiler, cleaned the HRV and called someone to come out and look at the HRV because while it appears to be working properly, I think something is broke. My cedar deck has a couple of spots that are rotting out... must not be old growth cedar :), so I filled those holes.

There's usually a short period of time in the spring and before it gets overly warm when I find the energy to do a lot of work... then at some point I give myself a break... then it's hard to resume working for the rest of the summer. I need to cut down a few dying birch trees that are close to the house but I might need to wait another month before the snow melts and I can get to those trees. Meanwhile I need to strip some paint on the deck and prime and paint those areas that have been peeling... that's a job I dislike very much so I'm already dragging my feet a little bit.

I'm waiting to hear that a trailer I ordered half a year ago is ready so I can drive down to Oregon and pick it up. It is supposed to be ready any time now. Because I'll be going to Jersey towards the end of May if I don't get the trailer call in the next two days but do get it sometime after that I may have to drive down, get the trailer, park it somewhere, then fly back to Alaska so I can catch my flight to Jersey. Then after the Jersey trip I'd fly back to Oregon and drive with the trailer back home.

My youngest son has a report date to Ft Lee in Richmond VA for this coming October. I'll probably be going along with him on that trip and then driving back. In between everything else I hope to travel to Georgia a time or two to house hunt and explore a couple of towns for possible relocation.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Sounds like you are the fix it man TT could be Tim The Toolman, and you have travels planned. You have been busy getting things done.

Yeah, I usually put things off that need fixin for years before I finally get to it, but since I'm looking to move I actually need to get things in order... I'm not a natural at fixing things, it comes hard to me. Sometimes I end up needing to call in a professional and the $$$ hurts.

Psalm37v4

Hated and laughed at by the world but loved by God
Today was better than usual. :) Mom's boyfriend came over, so she (as usual) went to extremes and had me take out ALL the garbage before he arrived so he couldn't smell anything. I didn't have time to go to the dump, so I had to bring it in the house after he left. Crazy I know.
The good part though is that Mom actually apologized for being mean to me. I know that's an answer to prayer!! Thank You Lord and thank you to all you prayer warriors!

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
We found out my wife will be starting a new MS medication in 3 weeks. She will have a once every 6 month infusion of Ocrevus. This insfusion hopefully will lessen the effects of her relapses, and lengthen the time in between each relapse. Over the last 6 months she has had more relapses then ever before, so prayers this med works.

I did some yard work, and also went over and to my daughters house and went crazy with my weed whacker before the weeds enveloped her duplex o_O. At almost 65, maybe Im too old to take care of my 29 year old daughters yard….:prophet:nod

Maybe time for the old saint to give the new saint her own weed whacker :lol Depending on weather, pre-emergent or post-emergent fertilizer on the lawn will cut way down on the weed whacking. The walk behind the drop spreader yesterday was pretty relaxing, although tiring.

Here's to God's ministers of medicine and praying good results with the new medicine :smile

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Got the fuchsia hung up on a shepherd's pole in front of the house where Dad can watch the humming birds. The first birds he saw were a couple of sparrows that landing in the pot.

It was old people Tuesday at Walgreen's and another place :smile
Nice to add a bunch of extra points at Walgreen's (coupon).

Hidden

This is the last day of the eid holiday which I spent practically just hanging around my room. I tried to go out and run day before yesterday but there was a little bit of sandstorm.

Yesterday, I attended a friend's birthday party. We surprised her by giving her a pair of gold earrings. One of my friends thought instead of buying individual gifts why don't we just pool our money and buy gold instead. We looked for one of the cheapest we could find, and it seems the price of gold has increased and may have something to do with the war.

Andy C

A few weeks ago, I was thinking of retiring my running shoes. I did cut back on my weekly running, and yesterday I ran a good time on the track, so now I want to enter a 5k in July. Its very competitive in Oregon for senior runners, so I will alter my training. While sitting at the table this morning, eating a large frosted cinnamon bun, I decided I will lose 5-6 pounds prior to the race. I want to win my age division, and do well overall. My goal will be to average approx 7:20-7:25 per mile, for a 5k time of sub 23:00.

I will finish up my daughters weeding at her house, then work on my own yard, completing both before 1130 nap time!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
A few weeks ago, I was thinking of retiring my running shoes. I did cut back on my weekly running, and yesterday I ran a good time on the track, so now I want to enter a 5k in July. Its very competitive in Oregon for senior runners, so I will alter my training. While sitting at the table this morning, eating a large frosted cinnamon bun, I decided I will lose 5-6 pounds prior to the race. I want to win my age division, and do well overall.

My goal will be to average approx 7:20-7:25 per mile, for a 5k time of sub 23:00.

I will finish up my daughters weeding at her house, then work on my own yard, completing both before 1130 nap time!

Best wishes on the race. I haven't been able to run for over a week now. The podiatrist gave me a steroid shot in the left foot and I think there was an unintended consequence. I'd planned to try running this morning but changed my mind after evaluating my foot. I've learned that returning to fast to running if one has an injury can just prolong the period of time where one can't run...

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I started out going to Save-A-Lot for a few items milk, Farmington bacon $5.69, and, Hazelnut creamer for coffee. Then went to Hardee's to pick up our breakfast platters which is 2 eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy and hash brown rounds. Pretty good and $4.33 each for both of us. After that we went to do our weekly grocery shopping, and then we took turns :mowing

This actually happened yesterday but it was the highlight of my day. I'm not in the military anymore but I still do the same job as I did in military which maintain the ejection seats in fighters.

After Hurricane Michael blew through here a few years ago. We've been working in temporary hangers that are made of a heavy duty vinyl material. We use a crane to pull the seats out of the jets.

All that to say that we pulled a seat yesterday and when I was lowering the door to the "hangar" it got caught on the crane and ripped a 3 ½ ft hole in it. I was comical highpoint of the day for the contract I'm on. Luckily it was fixed pretty quick though

alisani

My sister's first turkey of the season was born and I had a few baby ducks paddling in the bathtub. They will eventually migrate to the pond where our shepherd will joyfully but fruitless try herding them. Had to get groceries and stopped by for lunch at my nephew's school. They are putting on a Peter Rabbit play and he's so excited to wear bunny ears and overalls. Simple pleasures.

cheeky200386

I'm praying for your wife's treatment Andy. I pray you'll be able to move to Georgia at just the right time Tall Timbers and get a nice new home.

I didn't get much sleep last night because of Peter's recent sleep regression. I'm listening to the Jan Markell Interview with Brandon Holthaus on the WEF and the New World Order while Peter plays. Getting ready to give him a bath and then bedtime!