What Happened to You Today?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
It's a draw. Sorry for making this a live chat thread. :biggrin

You know, there is a thread in the sporting dugout dedicated to the World Cup. Of course, only one or two people have looked at that thread because, you know... soccer...

I only watched about the last 13 minutes of the game... or listened to it. I kept coming back to peak at the screen while I was working because the way the crowd was carrying on I kept thinking one of the teams must have scored.

Hidden

You know, there is a thread in the sporting dugout dedicated to the World Cup. Of course, only one or two people have looked at that thread because, you know... soccer...

I only watched about the last 13 minutes of the game... or listened to it. I kept coming back to peak at the screen while I was working because the way the crowd was carrying on I kept thinking one of the teams must have scored.

Noted, TT. Thanks. Will be posting there. Gosh, Saudi is giving Argentina a hard time. 2-1

Andy C

After my morning runs, I stretch for about 10 minutes. For most of my running life, I did not faithfully stretch after runs. Now, at my age, when I lay on the floor to start stretching, just laying down now feels like stretching without any other movements. Just another side effect from aging.

Andy C

Long morning ahead. After I drop off my GD at school, its off the the dealership for routine maintenance on my truck. I will stay there while waiting, and will bring my lap pillow, headphones, and IPAD to be comfortable while waiting. After that, I will drive to the VA medical facility to get my annual flu shot. I dont think I ever missed the annual shot since age 21, and I have never had any adverse reactions. Then, if my fun meter has not maxed out, food shopping.

Andy C

I do the same. Even at Defy, I take my kindle, a pillow, blanket, drinks and snacks. Same with Dr visits.
My daughter has finally learned the wisdom of this.
Since the end of the last school year, my GD has only wanted to go to defy twice. Prior, we were going at least 3 times a week. Those two hour visits were prime time to catch up on Andy Woods or other teachers sermons, with my headphones on.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Jeff put a Chicago Christmas CD on just awhile ago. One of our favorite groups we saw them at Starlight Theatre with REO Speedwagon in June of 2017. It doesn't seem like it has been almost 5 1/2 years ago. Another one of my favorites was the Carpenters. At our wedding in 2008 we had the songs We've Only Just Begun and Unforgettable by Natalie Cole her dad's song played. Today. our red and green lights are going up at our 5 bay windows. The Christmas tree may be put up also today or tomorrow.

Last edited:

Andy C

Jeff put a Chicago Christmas CD on just awhile ago. One of our favorite groups we saw them at Starlight Theatre with REO Speedwagon in June of 2017. It doesn't seem like it has been almost 5 1/2 years ago. Another one of my favorites was the Carpenters. At our wedding in 2008 we had the songs We've Only Just Begun and Unforgettable by Natalie Cole her dad's song played. Today. our red and green lights are going up at our 5 bay windows. The Christmas may be also or tomorrow.
One of my favorite Christmas albums, especially the Chicago song “Winter Wonderland”

lightofmylife

Jeff got our red and green lights up at our 5 bay windows in the living room, and it looks great. Tomorrow, the Christmas tree goes up on the table in the 3rd window. It is already put together so decorating it is what is left to do. The tree is pre-lit has the colors of red, yellow, green, blue, and purple. It is a Vancouver Fir 4 1/2 ft which we got for 1/2 off at K-Mart because they were going out of business. I do miss our K-Mart it went out in the beginning of 2017. It was closer to us than Walmart.

MapleLeaf

Back from Ontario for my grandmother's funeral. It was a busy and tiring few days though I got some nice visiting in too. I was given a few of my grandmother's things. Mostly knick-knacks no one wanted and they have quite a few dings. I'm pretty sure I was the source of those dings because I remember playing with them and knocking them together when I was a child. I never understood why I couldn't play with them. haha I also got my grandmother's old iPad. It's OLD. But it's in great condition and works for what we need and saves us having to buy one right away. We were going to buy a refurbished one this year but had to get a generator so that relieves the budget for a bit.

Still can't shake this virus thing that's been hanging around for 3 weeks. I've now been able to cough some stuff up but it's slow-going. I had to suppress a lot of it because I was away from home. It just feels like I have a lump of...something....stuck at the back of my throat. Makes it feel like my throat is closing sometimes but I am breathing OK. No headaches, aches, fevers or weird colours so I have been assuming it's viral. Just continuing with my vitamins. But it's hard to not stress out about it.

lightofmylife

We went tonight to Lowe's to get some white LED lights for our wooden rail outside. In sections some of our white lights were burned out. We have all red neon lights on our flagpole, and we have red neon, and blue neon lights on our wooden rails. There is a top and bottom rail. So tomorrow Jeff will put our new white LED lights on the wooden rail. We made them our Patriotic rails. Our Christmas tree will be up tomorrow. So glad we are almost done with all the decorating.