What exactly was Satan's motive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg64

I think 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 lends strong support that the enemy didn't realize ahead of time (or at the time) what was really happening at the cross.

Also, earlier Dave posed a question about the lake of fire -- I think that's addressed in Matthew 8:29. Clearly the demons know a day or reckoning is coming.

I also tend to agree with Salluz and Pixel that it wasn't the enemy directly speaking through Peter, but rather a rebuke of Peter by Jesus in a way sure to get his attention. I guess you can argue that what Peter said is what they enemy would have said (thus the rebuke) and that it's consistent with his early temptations of Jesus, so probably not something to get too hung up on.

DaveS

I think 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 lends strong support that the enemy didn't realize ahead of time (or at the time) what was really happening at the cross.

Good afternoon Greg,

This passages was already brought up earlier by Salluz. The context seems to support Paul speaking of the Sanhedrin and the Romans rather than the angelic realm.

I know that Satan understanding the cross is a major barrier for people. But really, as I see it, Satan didn't have to understand what would happen at the cross to try and stop it, or better, to try to hinder or spoil the plans of God. That's because the Messiah is associated with the Kingdom, and judgment in the OT.

Look at from this perspective... Satan knew he was going to lose since what time? When on the timeline did, or could, Satan figure out that he was going to lose? Who did Satan know he would lose to? (Gen. 3:15)?

Is Satan fighting? Is Satan giving up? Does Satan think that he will kill JesusGod? Does Satan think that he can somehow keep the Messiah from rising on the 3rd day? What did he think would happen after the crucifixion? After the third day?

What does Satan seek to do during New Testament revelation? Does Satan know he'll have a seed? Does he know about the anti-christ?

Who is vulnerable to Satan? Who is vulnerable to Satan's lies? Can Satan lie to God? How would Satan hurt Omnipotent God? Is he going to hurt Omnipotent God by driving nails in his hands? Because that was victory for the Lord... How would he bruise the heal of the Seed of the woman?

If Satan knows he can't hurt Omnipotent God, and that he is destined for the lake of fire... why doesn't he give up? Isn't his wrath seen as against the world? Is it logical to deduce that Satan will try to kill as many as possible on his way out? How would he do it? Does Satan look to counterfeit God?

The position that you guys, counting the three posts that have been offered since I posted this morning, is the predominant view that I've encountered. I actually thought similarly... until, I was exposed to questions like the ones above.

Don't get me wrong, I totally respect your right to have an opinion and to disregard and even debate my own opinions and assertions. I hope you all will continue to interact, because I appreciate the feedback.

I also tend to agree with Salluz and Pixel that it wasn't the enemy directly speaking through Peter, but rather a rebuke of Peter by Jesus in a way sure to get his attention. I guess you can argue that what Peter said is what they enemy would have said (thus the rebuke) and that it's consistent with his early temptations of Jesus, so probably not something to get too hung up on.

Wasn't Satan offering the kingdom of the world to the Messiah during the wilderness trial? Wouldn't the acceptance of the kingdoms of the world be a circumvent to the cross? hmmmm... You know, if memory serves, I learned that from Vernon McGee.

I think that what Jesus said is very pointed... and that it would be deceiving to say that without the intent being a Satanic intent.

Kind regards,
Dave

Hol

Worships Him
Hi Dave! Yes, if you can get Dr. Fruchtenbaum's commentary on Genesis I am sure you will treasure it.

Honestly I had not previously considered how the Son of Man had felt about the looming cross until responding to your questions, so if Dr. Fruchtenbaum disagrees with how I viewed it, my guess is that he is probably correct, but I'll defer that until I learn more.

I did pull this quote from one of his studies from the Come and See series about the original sin, and Satan's fall:
"His perfect beauty caused his pride to be lifted up, and the pride in his brightness corrupted his wisdom. When he was no longer able to think straight, he began to meditate in a wrong manner upon his beauty, his wisdom, his power, and his authority. Rather than remaining in humble submission to the God who gave him all these things, instead he was filled with pride. He is still the wisest of all created beings, but that wisdom has been corrupted; and because pride led to corrupted wisdom, unrighteousness was found in him (v. 15). He developed a sinful nature, which then led to his acts of sin."​

Maybe I should have asked you earlier about your OP, because due to Satan's indulgence in the original sin and subsequent corruption, why would searching his motives be beneficial?

Would you find it more beneficial to ask why Jesus was patient with Peter, and how Judas Ischariot determined his own destruction rather than ask Jesus for forgiveness? The deep benevolence of Christ is what blows my mind. His humility, His submission to our Father's will!

Maybe ask how we can better understand that Satan may have been focused on destroying Israel, and why that is an essential understanding to our faith? You have helped me to better tie in how Israel's salvation remains the primary focus & battleground :thankyou

Steve53

The question that has been on my mind since the beginning of this thread.

I too, fail to see the benefit of trying to ascertain Satan's motive regarding whether or not to see Jesus crucified - or not. It's not an either or question because, IMHO, the Bible is clear regarding Satan's motive.

I believe Satan's motive was clearly to destroy Christ and therefore defeat God's plan to have the title deed to Earth returned, Earth, Creation at large, and mankind redeemed, and Christ to take His seat on the Davidic throne in fulfillment of prophecy. Christ's rebuke of Peter was to point out that protecting Christ from what was to come was an earthly perspective and therefore contrary to God's will.

Satan's broader motive was clearly defined in Isaiah when, after his fall from grace and position of power among the angelic host due to his foolish pride, he decided in his heart that he wanted to be as God. He wanted to "make himself" holy and be worshiped as God. He aspired then, and aspires now, to be seen as all powerful and worthy of ascension to God's throne. Satan's pride caused him to sin and Satan's pride is what's driving him still.

Before God made man, Satan began to covet the attention he was receiving as the wisest and most powerful Cherub God had created. Once he was rebuked by God, Satan's pride caused him to double down and rebel. My personal opinion is that Satan's sinful pride may have developed as a result of his being lauded by those members of the angelic host that subsequently decided to follow him rather than God. I think it's possible that Satan then accused God of being arbitrary and unloving. Creating man, with free will, was God's answer to Satan's charges. Through man, God can demonstrate the incomparable richness of His grace - Grace Satan and his minions undoubtedly rejected. And just as with Satan and his minions, men rebellious unto their dying day will be thrown into the lake of fire for eternity - a punishment Satan no doubt claims is excessive and unjust. And it's the lake of fire eventuality Satan's trying very hard to circumvent any way he can.

DaveS

Maybe I should have asked you earlier about your OP, because due to Satan's indulgence in the original sin and subsequent corruption, why would searching his motives be beneficial?

Off of the top of my head.

1. Because it helps (me) the body of Christ understand prophecy better. Especially OT prophecy, since NT revelation interacts with the OT.

2. Because the motives of Satan relate to the state of the kingdom. By this I mean that if it can be shown through scripture that Satan is working towards a particular goal, than competing theological systems (that are probably Satanically inspired) would find it harder to gain traction in the world; such as Preterism. Preterism isn't an issue here on this board... but it is gaining popularity, people are writing books, other "Christians" are bringing these arguments into the mainstream. I read a lot of these arguments (from Preterism) and so I'm always searching for more silver bullets.

3. a. Because the topic becomes Christological. Proofs in the pudding... (read the thread). When the topic becomes Christological it roots out heresy (this happened in this thread). b. Because the topic becomes Christological, it forces participants in the topic (those who are interested) to evaluate, explain, and clarify their views about Christ. I'm completely and utterly captivated by the LordGodJesus, and I make no apologies or secrets in telling people that I take the highest view of Him. When I say I take the highest view, what I'm expressing is that I'm always reading scripture in light of Him owning all of His Characteristics. People's views interest me, but I also use it to find ways to persuade people that Christ is always God, He's never NOT God. God is infinite... and you can't empty something that never begins, and never ends.

4. Because the angelic realm is something that is beneficial (for me) to the church to attempt to understand. Personally, I think the topic is grossly ignored by most people and scholars. It's interesting to me that in this thread, people point to the cross and consider the whole matter settled. This is interesting to me because I have observed the same kinds of people argue with Amills, PostMills, and Preterists, and one of the first arguments used is that Satan still roams the earth. The argument of Satan still roaming is less potent if it's not understood why Satan is allowed to still roam the earth... (in my opinion). If I were of the mindset of one of these errant systems, that is what I would want to know. Because the motives of Satan relate to why God chose to create in the fashion that He did, and why the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world. You have to keep in mind that the angelic realm was created first.

5. I'm interested in why Satan acted, and I think that anytime Satan is personally involved in a particular event that it becomes super important. I think that Satan and God interacting is super important...

6. Because I think Satan's motive at the cross must translate to Satan's motives later in history (right now kinda stuff), and in the near distant future. I think Satan is well aware that he will have the anti-christ, and I think he has made plans to take out his fury on this world. I think that God knows his plans, before he even thought them, and that God's Kingdom program take these Satanic plans into effect.

As an aside, not part of your question. Because the church is stagnant in many cases... (in my opinion). It stifles questions, and it discourages things that interrupt the normalcy of habit and routine. I had considered walking away from this thread because people started to complain about why it's even here to discuss. While I was taking a break, even more people have chimed in to question why it's even here to discuss. I see a lot of things here on this forum that don't interest me, and when something doesn't interest me I don't participate (I check in and lurk periodically). In my opinion, the quickest way to kill a topic, or "put it in the bin", is to simply ignore it. I think it's kind of rude to express that something someone is interested in is not worthy of being discussed, and when such comments are made that people have made it personal. I think that I've done nothing but treat everyone with respect (I've certainly tried).

There aren't many good options to find people to discuss a topic like this that I happen to be interested in. This forum is mainly Dispensational, and I've noticed that people tend to lean towards the higher view of Christ I mentioned. This makes it one of the safer places for me to find interaction with such topics, although I know up front they may not be popular.

If nobody is interested anymore, then I certainly was never forcing people to comment or study this. I do think there's plenty left to consider though.

If the thread is dead than one last time I'll say thanks to anyone who humored the weird guy with his off the wall questions by talking to him (~grins~). Don't be surprised if I pop back up with some more weird topics, because honestly, I like you people, and I like hearing what you have to say, even if you think I'm from Mars.

Warmest regards to you all,
Dave

Reactions: Hol

DaveS

Would you find it more beneficial to ask why Jesus was patient with Peter, and how Judas Ischariot determined his own destruction rather than ask Jesus for forgiveness? The deep benevolence of Christ is what blows my mind. His humility, His submission to our Father's will!

Those are great questions, I wonder if I'd be getting in your way if I attempted to answer them?

Judas is an interesting character... I think that Jesus calling him the "son of destruction/perdition" (Jn. 17:12) is very telling of the event of the crucifixion in light of Satan's presence, and the term being an anti-christ designation (II Thes. 2:3). Keeping in mind that the anti-christ wasn't something revealed in the NT, it was something taught in the OT, so Satan could have/would have understood it and fitted this into his plans. We certainly know that in the future he fits the anti-christ into his plans... Right?

Christ's obedience is certainly a hot topic of the thread, because if He was seeking to "avoid the cross" as has been suggested, then it conflicts with His steadfast mission (and prophecy for that matter) that He intended it to happen.

Thoughts?

Like I said, Jesus marching towards the cross with iron resolve is an orthodox position. You can purchase Fruchtenbaum's essay on Gethsemane for $3.00 I think and see that it is. By the way, I don't align wholly with Dr. F on his essay on the fall (noting your quote), but he gives great information in his essay on Satan, demons, and angels.

Last edited:

Steve53

Off of the top of my head.

1. Because it helps (me) the body of Christ understand prophecy better. Especially OT prophecy, since NT revelation interacts with the OT.

2. Because the motives of Satan relate to the state of the kingdom. By this I mean that if it can be shown through scripture that Satan is working towards a particular goal, than competing theological systems (that are probably Satanically inspired) would find it harder to gain traction in the world; such as Preterism. Preterism isn't an issue here on this board... but it is gaining popularity, people are writing books, other "Christians" are bringing these arguments into the mainstream. I read a lot of these arguments (from Preterism) and so I'm always searching for more silver bullets.

3. a. Because the topic becomes Christological. Proofs in the pudding... (read the thread). When the topic becomes Christological it roots out heresy (this happened in this thread). b. Because the topic becomes Christological, it forces participants in the topic (those who are interested) to evaluate, explain, and clarify their views about Christ. I'm completely and utterly captivated by the LordGodJesus, and I make no apologies or secrets in telling people that I take the highest view of Him. When I say I take the highest view, what I'm expressing is that I'm always reading scripture in light of Him owning all of His Characteristics. People's views interest me, but I also use it to find ways to persuade people that Christ is always God, He's never NOT God. God is infinite... and you can't empty something that never begins, and never ends.

4. Because the angelic realm is something that is beneficial (for me) to the church to attempt to understand. Personally, I think the topic is grossly ignored by most people and scholars. It's interesting to me that in this thread, people point to the cross and consider the whole matter settled. This is interesting to me because I have observed the same kinds of people argue with Amills, PostMills, and Preterists, and one of the first arguments used is that Satan still roams the earth. The argument of Satan still roaming is less potent if it's not understood why Satan is allowed to still roam the earth... (in my opinion). If I were of the mindset of one of these errant systems, that is what I would want to know. Because the motives of Satan relate to why God chose to create in the fashion that He did, and why the Lamb was slain from the foundation of the world. You have to keep in mind that the angelic realm was created first.

5. I'm interested in why Satan acted, and I think that anytime Satan is personally involved in a particular event that it becomes super important. I think that Satan and God interacting is super important...

6. Because I think Satan's motive at the cross must translate to Satan's motives later in history (right now kinda stuff), and in the near distant future. I think Satan is well aware that he will have the anti-christ, and I think he has made plans to take out his fury on this world. I think that God knows his plans, before he even thought them, and that God's Kingdom program take these Satanic plans into effect.

As an aside, not part of your question. Because the church is stagnant in many cases... (in my opinion). It stifles questions, and it discourages things that interrupt the normalcy of habit and routine. I had considered walking away from this thread because people started to complain about why it's even here to discuss. While I was taking a break, even more people have chimed in to question why it's even here to discuss. I see a lot of things here on this forum that don't interest me, and when something doesn't interest me I don't participate (I check in and lurk periodically). In my opinion, the quickest way to kill a topic, or "put it in the bin", is to simply ignore it. I think it's kind of rude to express that something someone is interested in is not worthy of being discussed, and when such comments are made that people have made it personal. I think that I've done nothing but treat everyone with respect (I've certainly tried).

There aren't many good options to find people to discuss a topic like this that I happen to be interested in. This forum is mainly Dispensational, and I've noticed that people tend to lean towards the higher view of Christ I mentioned. This makes it one of the safer places for me to find interaction with such topics, although I know up front they may not be popular.

If nobody is interested anymore, then I certainly was never forcing people to comment or study this. I do think there's plenty left to consider though.

If the thread is dead than one last time I'll say thanks to anyone who humored the weird guy with his off the wall questions by talking to him (~grins~). Don't be surprised if I pop back up with some more weird topics, because honestly, I like you people, and I like hearing what you have to say, even if you think I'm from Mars.

Warmest regards to you all,
Dave
All well and good, Dave. But the fact remains that within the pages of Scripture the information we're given regarding the angelic realm is sparse. There's no Biblical roadmap to follow that will take us to some heretofore undiscovered Word wherein the answers to your questions lie.

I think the closest we'll ever come to answering the types of questions you've posed in this thread are the answers offered already - in this thread.

It's obvious you've found what we've offered less than satisfactory. And beyond the Scriptures referred to specifically, the rest is merely opinion.

Some opinions are more informed than others, yet even the most informed opinions are limited in scope because God has chosen not to reveal certain things to us. The Bible concerns itself with the history, and the future, of mankind. What happened before is only hinted at, and what is to come after the Millennium is only hinted at as well.

Is it not enough to know that Satan is evil and his plans are too? Is it not enough to trust in the Word as it was given to us and to take comfort in the sure and certain knowledge that whatever the nuanced machinations and schemes of Satan, his end has been foretold?

I don't see how discussing Satan's evil nature or his motives behind his actions or lack thereof in certain historical contexts can be edifying beyond the admonishments and clear Scriptural warnings that Satan's road leads to destruction.

All to say, I'm not attacking your questioning nature. I guess I don't get it. I don't get why you think you can learn more about prophecy by trying to discern the motives of a depraved mind. And I'm not sure anyone else does either.

DaveS

Good morning sir,

It's obvious you've found what we've offered less than satisfactory. And beyond the Scriptures referred to specifically, the rest is merely opinion.

1. When you mention yourself as "we" you're making this seem as if I'm isolated from everyone. You may not realize it, but this is a way to alienate and discourage people. This makes it personal, and I don't think that I should be the topic of this thread.

2. It's unfair for you to mention what you consider to be obvious. This is almost like assigning motive to me, which is kind of ironic. I'd like to think that I've found worth and have taken as much time as I could spare with the answers that have been offered. I am busy, so I can't deal with every single thing said.

The rest of your post seems to deal with ending the subject or not caring about the topic. Again, I'm not convinced that this need to be said, unless the "we" that you've mentioned has come to some kind of consensus at some kind of meeting where worthy topics are voted on and decided whether they are allowed to be discussed or not. I'd like to think I usually have some pretty tough skin, but this post kind of hurts my feelings if I were to be completely honest. I'm not sure what you've said needs to be said... Why not just move on? Why comment at all? What are you gaining?

Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts expressed from a certain point of view, and I can intellectually see where you're coming from and why you said it. It's my hope that the topic will endure despite it's unpopularity as I think it still has more to offer. Whether one person continues or many matters not to me... If the topic does endure, and you find something of interest I'd value your input, and would encourage you to add whatever you see fit, so long as the posts are kept about the topic and not me.

Kind regards,
Dave

Steve53

I too am working and currently on my phone so a more in depth reply will have to wait.

For now, suffice to say that when I mentioned "we" it most definitely includes me, but not in isolation from the other parties presently contributing.

This is your thread. You started the conversation. Please don't misunderstand the replies you garner as personal attacks. The replies are intellectual, Biblically supported to the extent possible and in response to the subject, content and context of your posts.

DaveS

I don't see that delving more into knowledge Satan is stressed in Scripture. We are to know and use our armor, know a few of his tactics, but focus on Jesus.

I think that (Matt. 13:1-58) is reason enough to believe that knowledge of the wiles and character of Satan is warranted by the church. I think that the aforementioned chapter is enough to show that by focusing on Jesus, we're focusing (through scripture) on understanding our adversary (Since Jesus was expounding on it). There's a ton of information written in scripture about Satan, demons, the antichrist, false doctrine, counterfeit messiah's, counterfeit miracles, programs opposed to the Kingdom of God etc. etc... God is the Author of this information, He inspired men to write it.

It's fine if you don't want to talk about it, it's fine if you'd rather stick with a more simplistic approach to it (which you advocated). But I don't think you're edifying the saints (Eph. 4:12) by electing to quiet even a mere discussion on the enemy of the saints. In my opinion, it would be wise of Satan to keep his motivations and plans on the down low, that way some people are more susceptible to them (Matt. 13:3-9).

Besides, the thread has been anything but "not focused on Jesus". I'm a tad bit surprised at that type of push back given the nature of the discussions.

Kind regards,
Dave

Andy C

This has been a very interesting thread.

For me, I dont really care what satans motive are for anything he does. I already know he is doomed for eternity in the Lake of Fire, and there is NOTHING he can do to stop his dark future. Of course the evil one will try and take as many lost souls with him as he can. In regards to the the church, we already know our future, and there is NOTHING the evil can do to thwart this.

DaveS

This has been a very interesting thread.

Thanks, I agree.

For me, I dont really care what satans motive are for anything he does. I already know he is doomed for eternity in the Lake of Fire, and there is NOTHING he can do to stop his dark future. Of course the evil one will try and take as many lost souls with him as he can. In regards to the the church, we already know our future, and there is NOTHING the evil can do to thwart this.

This is true... But, it's also true that the church is not the entirety of God's program. Knowing more about God's program in opposition to Satan's could very well keep him from deceiving more people and taking their souls with him.

Andy C

Thanks, I agree.

This is true... But, it's also true that the church is not the entirety of God's program. Knowing more about God's program in opposition to Satan's could very well keep him from deceiving more people and taking their souls with him.
Maybe. However, unbelievers do not believe in God, and satan.

As a Christian, and as a long time reader of the bible, I have in front of me all I need to know about satan. Maybe other Christians care more, but for me, satan occupies very little of my thoughts as my focus is on Jesus, and what He did for me, and trying my best to walk in a worthy manner. Through Him, satan has zero power over me because I daily put on the full Armor of God. Maybe this a little simplistic, but works for me.

Hol

Worships Him
Dave I deeply appreciate your considerate manner & promting questions!

Keeping in mind that the anti-christ wasn't something revealed in the NT, it was something taught in the OT, so Satan could have/would have understood it and fitted this into his plans. We certainly know that in the future he fits the anti-christ into his plans... Right?

The best aspect of this thread for me has been the simple point that Israel's destruction remains a primary motive of satanic forces. We (the church) tend to view the Bible through a church centric view, and many teach in error that there is no importance to Israel's ultimate turning to Christ. Here at RF, one safe guard is an intense focus on Israel. We avoid doctrines that make the church the focus of Dispensationalism. In an excellent book by Andy Woods, The Coming Kingdom, I've been learning that I had some error in my views and need to further my understanding of the significance of unconditional covenants that will soon bring about Israel's salvation.

Christ's obedience is certainly a hot topic of the thread, because if He was seeking to "avoid the cross" as has been suggested, then it conflicts with His steadfast mission (and prophecy for that matter) that He intended it to happen.

Thoughts?

Like I said, Jesus marching towards the cross with iron resolve is an orthodox position. You can purchase Fruchtenbaum's essay on Gethsemane for $3.00 I think and see that it is. By the way, I don't align wholly with Dr. F on his essay on the fall (noting your quote), but he gives great information in his essay on Satan, demons, and angels.

I'll need to get Fruchtembaum's essay on Gethsemane, thank you! I do understand that Lord Jesus was focused and undeterred in going to the cross for us, even understanding the joy set before Him. Perhaps I view Him as human in the resisting any temptation in an ignorant manner, so will read the essay prayerfully. If I suggested He sought to avoid the cross, I didn't mean it, so apologies for any confusion.

mattfivefour

Steve, Hol and Jan are not the only people who have expressed concern with this topic. There are others, myself included. DaveS, I thank you for giving your reasons why this thread should be allowed to continue.
I do not see how it helps the body of Christ in general in the understanding of prophecy. I think prophecy is understandable to the degree of maturity in each Christian.
I think both Steve and Jan have adequately refuted this view.
I believe the high view of God (to which I hold) means that we humbly accept that ALL exists only because of and for the pleasure of God who is holy, right and perfect and that we live to exalt His glory, His majesty, and His holiness not merely in words but in actions that flow from a heart wholly dedicated to His glory, majesty, and holiness. And holding to such a high view inevitably will result in our lives more and more reflecting His glory, majesty, and holiness: our gaze on Him as He is—Almighty God who exists because He exists and for Whom are all things, not a Being who exists to please and coddle us, eager to give us what we need for our own sake and to satisfy our own wants like some cosmic vending machine—our gaze on Almighty God, sovereign, omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent, immutable will inevitably change us into His image, from glory to glory, as God Himself revealed to us through the Apostle Paul in his second recorded letter to the Church at Corinth. (2 Corinthians 3:18) None of what I have written and, I suggest, nothing in your answer immediately above requires or desires any knowledge of Satan's motive(s).
As much as you may disagree, I do not think Scripture supports your argument. To argue that "the motives of Satan relate to why God chose to create in the fashion that He did" is to argue that God reacted to Satan (or to knowledge of Satan) which places Satan in a position to cause God to need to act in a certain way. Rather, God created the world according to HIS own counsel and for HIS own purposes and in HIS own way, and no external (for there was no external before God) was a factor. THAT is part of a high view of God. And Scripture clearly reveals that God's will cannot be prevented and that ALL He has ordained SHALL be done; all that occurs will ALL inevitably further God's plan in some way. Which is why we can KNOW that Romans 8:28 is absolutely true in each and every instance.
I do not. Other than whatever Satan tries is thwarted by God without fail and serves only to ultimately fulfill God's purpose. There is NO contest between the two. That you find this of interest is your prerogative. But I do not think that should form the basis of a Bible study here ... especially one that is long on opinion and speculative questioning without any contexted Scriptural support evidenced.
Again—why care about Satan's motives? Is it in the view that somehow we can foresee and then somehow forestall his actions? That is not our job. Our job is to stand on the solid rock of Christ's finished work, resisting all attempts of Satan to move us off it, and to proclaim the gospel to all creation! Seeking to understand Satan's motives is nowhere in Holy text enjoined ... or encouraged. Or even in any way hinted at. Indeed, I believe it to be a rabbit trail that will distract us from our God-ordained purpose in its pursuit, and inevitably lead us nowhere good.

I will permit your reply to what I have written here, brother, but respectfully I do not see any virtue in this thread continuing ... unless you can make a better case for it than you have been able to do so far. I pass it back to you, should you wish to give this one more try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back