What does Qatar's foreign minister's Iran visit mean? - analysis

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
What does Qatar's foreign minister's Iran visit mean? - analysis
It was not clear if the visit was linked to Iran talks in Vienna or US-Iran relations.
By SETH J. FRANTZMAN
Published: JANUARY 27, 2022

Qatar’s foreign minister visited Iran on Thursday. It was not clear if the visit was linked to Iran talks in Vienna or US-Iran relations. Qatar is a close partner of the US and the US has a military base in Qatar. Doha is also close to Iran and also has funneled money to Gaza where it enjoys amicable relations with Hamas. Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir-Abdollahian met his Qatari counterpart Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani. Photos were published by Iranian media. Iran International, a news website, noted that “some domestic and foreign media interpreted the meeting as a possible Qatari mediation effort to facilitate direct US-Iran talks.”

Reuters noted that “Qatar's top diplomat visited Iran on Thursday, state media in the two countries reported, days before Qatar's ruling emir holds talks in Washington at a crucial time for efforts by Tehran and major powers to revive a 2015 nuclear pact.” Iran’s Tasnim news said that the foreign minister of Qatar, who is also the deputy prime minister, visited Tehran but did not elaborate on the talks. It is possible Iranian media was waiting for official statements.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/middle-east/iran-news/article-694768

athenasius

Qatar is a double agent- they actually work for Iran in most cases. They like to appear friendly to the west and to America because it suits them and their handlers in Iran. Just my opinion.

whenever I see them in the news I generally look at them as a puppet on Iran’s strings.