What does it mean to “prepare” for the rapture.

NCannie

I hear this over and over again by other Christians, “ you need to prepare for the rapture!” You need to be like the 5 virgins with their oil, be ready. How? If I’m saved then what in the world do I need to do to prepare? Honest question.

Sorry cat figure out hw t edit the title to “the”

pixelpusher

I hear this over and over again by other Christians, “ you need to prepare for the rapture!” You need to be like the 5 virgins with their oil, be ready. How? If I’m saved then what in the world do I need to do to prepare? Honest question.

There is no preparation required other than believing on Jesus to be saved.

Some things one *could* do: evangelize, write that left behind letter, stash a case of bibles, put away necessities for trib saints to discover, etc.

Andy C

Once your saved, you are forever prepared.

The five virgins and their oil refers to the times during the tribulation, not pre rapture.

Andy C

Wondered about that.
From Jack Kelley

“As you know, I believe that the parable of the 10 virgins speaks about a time on Earth just after the 2nd Coming, and that these 10 represent Tribulation survivors.

During the Church Age the Holy Spirit is sealed within believers as a guarantee of our inheritance (Ephes. 1:13-14). But only the church is promised this and the Church will be long gone by this time.

No such guarantee is mentioned for Tribulation believers. In fact Rev. 16:15specifically warns them to stay awake and maintain their righteousness, symbolized by keeping their clothes with them. (Clothing is often used to represent righteousness, as in Isaiah 61:10).

Rev. 16:15 implies that Tribulation believers are responsible for remaining steadfast in their faith to avoid losing their salvation. Matt. 25:8 agrees, telling us that all 10 virgins had oil in their lamps at the beginning, but the five foolish ones didn’t have enough to carry them through.

All 10 fell asleep and their lamps were in danger of going out. Only 5 had the ability to replenish their lamps with oil they had brought, and refused to lend any to the others. (You can’t “lend” the Holy Spirit to someone.)

So yes, the parable would seem to indicate that Tribulation believers are not promised eternal security and the five who fell asleep spiritually did not have time to restore their salvation when they finally woke up and found that the Lord had returned. It was too late”.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/the-parable-of-the-10-virgins/

Betty

We prepare for the rapture by making sure our house is in order. We do like King David and ask God to search our hearts for any hidden sins. We make sure that God is first in our lives before everyone and everything. As we become more focused on our soon departure, the things of this earth will soon lose their hold on us. We become less concerned about worldly desires and more focused on our spiritual growth. Being ready is not just about salvation, it is about becoming more focused on God and His Kingdom.
Betty

Andy C

We prepare for the rapture by making sure our house is in order. We do like King David and ask God to search our hearts for any hidden sins. We make sure that God is first in our lives before everyone and everything. As we become more focused on our soon departure, the things of this earth will soon lose their hold on us. We become less concerned about worldly desires and more focused on our spiritual growth. Being ready is not just about salvation, it is about becoming more focused on God and His Kingdom.
Betty
I agree, we should always place Him first.

Is a person who daily feeds off His Word, and walks the talk, anymore ready than a back slidden carnal Christian? Both are saved, both will depart at the rapture.

usoutpost31

Is a person who daily feeds off His Word, and walks the talk, anymore ready than a back slidden carnal Christian? Both are saved, both will depart at the rapture.
I would say, yes.

You can't make yourself more or less likely to be Raptured, but seeing his face, standing before him at the Bema Seat...not many Christians contemplate verses like 1 Corinthians 3:15 and think that could be them, or what it would be like to have nothing but ashes to show for a lifetime wasted.

When Jesus does come, it will be a joyous occasion for many, but for Christians who are greatly indulging their lives on earth, they may not be that happy to see Him.

Andy C

I would say, yes.

You can't make yourself more or less likely to be Raptured, but seeing his face, standing before him at the Bema Seat...not many Christians contemplate verses like 1 Corinthians 3:15 and think that could be them, or what it would be like to have nothing but ashes to show for a lifetime wasted.

When Jesus does come, it will be a joyous occasion for many, but for Christians who are greatly indulging their lives on earth, they may not be that happy to see Him.
I can and have prepared myself for a natural disaster by having plenty of supplies on hand for my family. This I can prepare for. I can over prepare, or under prepare, all based on actions I take.

But the question was “how do you prepare for the rapture”? To that question by itself, there can be no other answer than “nothing”. Once your saved, you cant become super saved, or less saved, saved is saved, and thats forever. All those who are saved have a first class ticket on the same ride up, and nobody is riding in coach.

If the question was how do I live my life to the fullest in His Word, than that has a whole other range of answers, many of which have already been posted on this thread, to include your post.

usoutpost31

But the question was “how do you prepare for the rapture”? To that question by itself, there can be no other answer than “nothing”.
I always considered watching for the Lord's return as a form of preparedness.

If there really is no way to be prepared for that Day, then I'm afraid I don't see the point of watching. What difference does it make if we do, or if we don't?

Andy C

I always considered watching for the Lord's return as a form of preparedness.

If there really is no way to be prepared for that Day, then I'm afraid I don't see the point of watching. What difference does it make if we do, or if we don't?
I think we agree on how important it is to be living our life for Him.

I watch because thats what were told to do through various scripture, and knowing we are in the season means we need to be even more persistent in helping spread the good news.

As to what difference does it make if we watch or not, I think it makes a huge difference based on what I wrote above. However, we both know the vast majority of the church do not study end times, Pastors seldom if ever teach it, yet all those in the church will still be raptured.