What do you think: too vituperative?

cavalier973

Every eschatological position excepting the pretribulation catching away of the Church is a works-based salvation that denies Christ's completed work on the cross. If, for argument's sake, the Rapture of the Church doesnt occur prior to Daniel's 70th week, ...then us pretribbers will be the only professing Christians who refuse to take the Beast's mark, because we are watching for Christ. All others are looking instead for the Pseudochrist, and when they see him, they will worship him and take his mark.

*I posted this on Twitter, in response to no one in particular, but to counter those who claim that those of us who hold to the truth of the Pretribulational Rapture will fail in our faith "when it doesn't happen", and take the mark of the Beast, and be eternally damned.

usoutpost31

Maybe a little. Our Blessed Hope is their Blessed Hope, we just don't agree on the timing. And as far as blindly walking into eternal darkness because the Rapture didn't happen when we thought it would; we've studied the same passages in Daniel and Revelation that they have, the Bible gives us the distinctive characteristics of the AC and False Prophet that we should be able to recognize them.

cavalier973

That's the thing, usoutpost31, those of us who hold to the pretrib Rapture study the Scriptures assiduously. I can't say whether we would be more or less likely to see the signs, but we know enough of the Scriptures to *at the very least* not take a mark on our foreheads or right hands in order to buy or sell. I get the impression they think we will have hurt feelings, and turn our backs on Jesus, because He didn't rapture us, instead of saying, "Well, I guess I was wrong in my interpretation," and start praying for protection.

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
Meh. We're all flawed. I get the feeling that mid-tribbers and post-tribbers are a proud lot who want to go through the tribulation because they want to prove something, much like the young soldier who has never killed anyone really wanting to go to war. The seasoned veteran does not want to go but does because he must.

Like you said, I wouldn't take any mark even if horribly disappointed that I totally misunderstood scripture. (I won't have to do that though, because I'm right! We are not destined for wrath.)

cavalier973

I get the feeling that mid-tribbers and post-tribbers are a proud lot who want to go through the tribulation because they want to prove something, much like the young soldier who has never killed anyone really wanting to go to war.
That is why I (tongue-in-cheek) characterise every position excepting pretrib as a "works salvation". I infer that they think the Church has to be "purified" in the Tribulation.