What do y'all do when your bored out of your mind?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
What about the nail polish thread?

Truth be told, while I haven't visited that thread I've considered visiting it... I have a nail that keeps splitting towards the quick. I googled how to maybe stop the split and instructions were to apply nail polish and while that's still wet lay a piece of empty tea bag over it and then apply more nail polish.

Since I didn't have the guts to ask my wife if she had some clear nail polish I could use I went to Wal*Mart and went to the make-up section. I didn't know where to start looking because everything in the whole section kind of looked the same to me so I asked an employee and it turns out I was standing right in front of it. I asked her to point out the cheapest clear nail polish and I became the owner of some clear nail polish.

I don't think it's gonna work though. The tea bag itself split when the split in the nail increased and I think I can see the split growing under the nail polish still :(. So you see, I actually had some interest in the nail polish thread. I need help but don't dare ask in the men's forum and I'm theoretically not qualified to ask in the lady's forum... @Musician for Jesus, let's just keep this between the two of us, okay?

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
As you know from our conversations over in the music thread 'musicians talk about instruments music and playing for christ'
https://www.raptureforums.com/forum...-and-playing-for-christ.167294/post-843458425

I don’t get the time to be bored! @JamesSuth is correct in saying he wouldn’t get bored either if he could play an instrument. It’s also a great stress buster, playing a touch sensitive keyboard is great to get heavy with when you’re trying to get stuff out of your system. :p
Very true you can't really get bored if you play a instrument or sing haha. Now I would definitely say learning drums would let you take your anger and frustrations out a lot hahah.
I am sitting here right now browsing my sheet music to plan the next round of videos to record and publish, like Adrian, I too can read a bit, but slowly, massively helped if I already know the tune!
I can also read sheet music for piano and keyboard but slowly. For the most part I play by ear or watching people whatever works for me to learn. Can wait to hear more of your stuff.
The thing about always being busy though is that I can get too embroiled in this world, which eventually the Lord pulls me back from. I consciously seek Him every day, and I follow my reading plan on my phone every morning in the early hours, right now I have a lovely voice reading 2 Samuel 14 to me :)
I also will sometimes get to focus so much on the world that I kinda forget to either say thanks to God for everything or to even read my Bible or just talk to Jesus in general. I prayed daily that he help me get closer to him and create a closer relationship with him as each day or HR goses on. Right now I'm studying the bible from matthew to Romans with a prophecy study Bible my mom has she has let me use☺️
I am trying to reign in 3 friends/colleagues, one is the guitar guy you saw on the playlist and another two friends/colleagues too, I hope I can encourage them all to be saved, but one will do for now ;)
I also have a musical friend I pray for to turn to the lord. The good Lord will lead the to him one way or another ✝️
Adrian, I also pray for you and your wife and hope you both prosper in His light.

Musician 4 Jesus

Truth be told, while I haven't visited that thread I've considered visiting it... I have a nail that keeps splitting towards the quick. I googled how to maybe stop the split and instructions were to apply nail polish and while that's still wet lay a piece of empty tea bag over it and then apply more nail polish.

Since I didn't have the guts to ask my wife if she had some clear nail polish I could use I went to Wal*Mart and went to the make-up section. I didn't know where to start looking because everything in the whole section kind of looked the same to me so I asked an employee and it turns out I was standing right in front of it. I asked her to point out the cheapest clear nail polish and I became the owner of some clear nail polish.

I don't think it's gonna work though. The tea bag itself split when the split in the nail increased and I think I can see the split growing under the nail polish still :(. So you see, I actually had some interest in the nail polish thread. I need help but don't dare ask in the men's forum and I'm theoretically not qualified to ask in the lady's forum... @Musician for Jesus, let's just keep this between the two of us, okay?
If you would like id be glad to help....and no shame in asking haha though I have tried the tea bag thing my self it doesn't work. Wear is the split? The polish thread wouldn't be no help it's mostly talking about different colored nail polish haha

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
If you would like id be glad to help....and no shame in asking haha though I have tried the tea bag thing my self it doesn't work. Wear is the split? The polish thread wouldn't be no help it's mostly talking about different colored nail polish haha

It's on my right thumb nail and goes straight back from the end that you cut towards the quick. As the nail grows out the split keeps lengthening. I showed my doctor and asked if they had some kind of special glue they could glob on there but she wasn't any help...

Musician 4 Jesus

It's on my right thumb nail and goes straight back from the end that you cut towards the quick. As the nail grows out the split keeps lengthening. I showed my doctor and asked if they had some kind of special glue they could glob on there but she wasn't any help...
Yikes so it goes all the way from the cuticle all the way to the end? YIKES!!! Okay so from where it is all you can do at the moment is cut your nail short to wear the tip of your nail is right at the end of the tip of your thumb really cheap clear polish won't do much because it's kinda weak so make sure what ever clear one is somewhat strong and won't peel I use strong clear or tan nail enamel on a broken or split nail. If your nails are very dry and chipped I would put a little bit of Vaseline or lotion on your nails not to much though just rub it on your nails like you would useing it on your skin wait a bit then apply the clear polish. Hope that helps I use clear bass coat that would be your best bet a base coat is very strong. And cheap normally a dollar or two

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Yikes so it goes all the way from the cuticle all the way to the end? YIKES!!! Okay so from where it is all you can do at the moment is cut your nail short to wear the tip of your nail is right at the end of the tip of your thumb really cheap clear polish won't do much because it's kinda weak so make sure what ever clear one is somewhat strong and won't peel I use strong clear or tan nail enamel on a broken or split nail. If your nails are very dry and chipped I would put a little bit of Vaseline or lotion on your nails not to much though just rub it on your nails like you would useing it on your skin wait a bit then apply the clear polish. Hope that helps I use clear bass coat that would be your best bet a base coat is very strong. And cheap normally a dollar or two

It doesn't go all the way to the quick, I was just trying to describe the direction. It's probably about 3/16s of an inch long, gets a little shorter, then grows. Aside from the split I think my nails are healthy enough. All that bacon and beef fat I consume is probably good for them. Sounds like I need to make another trip to the Wal*Mart beauty section... Thanks. I may have to wait until the stuff I currently have on comes off... then I'll follow your instructions.

Musician 4 Jesus

It doesn't go all the way to the quick, I was just trying to describe the direction. It's probably about 3/16s of an inch long, gets a little shorter, then grows. Aside from the split I think my nails are healthy enough. All that bacon and beef fat I consume is probably good for them. Sounds like I need to make another trip to the Wal*Mart beauty section... Thanks. I may have to wait until the stuff I currently have on comes off... then I'll follow your instructions.
Haha sorry You can get nail polish remover as well. Ohhhh okay so really just keep triming your nail and let the split keep growing until the split grows out you can't really do anything other then that and keep clear polish on it till then. Trust me I wish there was a easier way to fix broken or split nails:lol I'm always braking or splitting my nails at one point or another haha

chaser

Praising my Savior all the day long!
So what do y'all do when your bored out of your mind?
I am never bored, too much to do around the home front, projects outside and some indoors. If I have down time I like to crank up some music , I have many videos saved on laptop and I send them through an HDMI cable to the TV and the sound system rocks the house, many old hymns, Christian bands and some old secular stuff from JJ Cale and Eric Clapton and others if I feel the need.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Haha sorry You can get nail polish remover as well. Ohhhh okay so really just keep triming your nail and let the split keep growing until the split grows out you can't really do anything other then that and keep clear polish on it till then. Trust me I wish there was a easier way to fix broken or split nails:lol I'm always braking or splitting my nails at one point or another haha

Thank you!

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8

Maybe try super glue next? I watched Dr Pol put super glue on a cut on his face.

Kerbluey

What's your favorite PC games to play? My mom has back problems to she she will get board when she has to sit for a bit.

I play on an iPad, so I’m not sure if these are available for a PC. I love Bloons. It’s a tower defense game where monkeys pop balloons. I also love Plants Vs. Zombies, another tower defense. Right now I’m loving Diggy’s Adventure, it’s a puzzle/maze game. And Snail Bob, all the versions. Snail Bob is puzzle game as well.

Kerbluey

TT, my husband has had this problem on one of his nails for years. He’s tried everything to no avail. He plays the guitar, so it’s interfering with his hobby. Gelatin is very good for your nails (and hair and joints). Great Lakes makes an unflavored version that doesn’t set up. You can mix it in your coffee or whatever. My hubby won’t try in. I had to order it online as I couldn’t find it locally.

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
You might try taking a collagen supplement. I've read they're good for things like hair and nails. I also use a product called "hard as hoof" that seems to strengthen and moisturize nails (you can get it at wal mart). It needs to be used daily, and rubbed into the nails and cuticles. Personally, if it were me, I'd keep the nail trimmed short and wear a band-aid over it, because you want it to grow out without re-damaging it. I think nail polish will probably dry it out more, which won't really help. I find that when I use nail polish, the quality of my nails gets weaker.
Super glue might help if you can get it between the two halves of the nail. I think, though, that application would be both painful and difficult to do without expert help.

Did you hurt yourself or did it just "appear"? It may be a sign of a vitain or mineral deficiency, which your doctor should be able to check for.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I'd keep the nail trimmed short and wear a band-aid over it

that's a good idea. it didn't just appear. It was the result of something I was doing. I don't think my nails are in bad shape except for this annoying split. I've got the nail cut as short as I can right now... I'll add some tape or a bandaid.

DanLMP

that's a good idea. it didn't just appear. It was the result of something I was doing. I don't think my nails are in bad shape except for this annoying split. I've got the nail cut as short as I can right now... I'll add some tape or a bandaid.

I had a split in my right thumb nail too but it doesn't go down very far. As mentioned up thread I put some super glue on it. Its the gel kind so it goes on thick. It's all I had. So far so good.

My grandfather had thumb nails that always looked like he caught them in a door. Evidently that was just the way those nails were. It seems that I have inherited them though, just not as bad as his.

My right thumb nail decided to split at the tip recently. First time. I'm using the super glue mostly to prevent the nail from catching on anything. The idea of the nail ripping if it catches on something gives me the heebie-jeebies. o_O