What do y'all do when your bored out of your mind?

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
So what do y'all do when your bored out of your mind?

When I'm bored out of my mind I like to take walks outside with my dog or Dog's lol and take my camera and get some photos.

sometimes I'll do some drawings or sketching.

And of course I'll play with one of my instruments or sing one or the other

. Or I'll read the bible. Or a book.

Or I'll watch YT videos of guitars or different music covers.

Or I'll just sit here and stare at the celling and complain to mom about bored I am :lol

What about y'all?

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Love and care for my wife, sing hymns to God, enjoy nature, photograph beautiful things, play the keyboard, read and meditate on God's Word. I also enjoy good books and clean movies and shows with good messages: movies like Facing the Giants and War Room; television series like Signed, Sealed & Delivered and Sue Thomas FB-eye. They each honor God and promote good values. I have no time to be bored.

Musician 4 Jesus

Love and care for my wife, sing hymns to God, enjoy nature, photograph beautiful things, play the keyboard, read and meditate on God's Word. I also enjoy good books and clean movies and shows with good messages: movies like Facing the Giants and War Room; television series like Signed, Sealed & Delivered and Sue Thomas FB-eye. They each honor God and promote good values. I have no time to be bored.
Okay first awwwww I'm praying your wife is doing better after her surgery:pray:hug and second you play the keyboard??.

I love reading books and doing photography as well got some cute photos of wilds Bunnys and birds yesterday.

When I watch TV that's not very often but when ever I'm in the mood to watch TV I like watching a lot of the end day movies like left behind and Revelation road 1 2 and 3. I also really like the God's not dead movies as well. Mom and I are currently watching star gate I personally like the Atlantis one.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you so much for your prayers for Andrea. We really appreciate them. Yes, even though I'm a drummer, I play keyboard. I can read music (slowly), but I play mainly by ear. I like to compose neoclassical stuff when I am not playing hymns and gospel songs. My favorite keyboard sound patch is grand piano with strings.

Musician 4 Jesus

Thank you so much for your prayers for Andrea. We really appreciate them. Yes, even though I'm a drummer, I play keyboard. I can read music (slowly), but I play mainly by ear. I like to compose neoclassical stuff when I am not playing hymns and gospel songs. My favorite keyboard sound patch is grand piano with strings.
Your so very welcome praying your doing better as well :pray :hug

Oh wow that's awesome!! I can also read music for the keyboard or piano but slowly as well. Or I find videos of people playing and learn by watching them. My favorite sounds on mine are the different sythsizers haha and the baby grand. The there's a really pretty one that's called small Japan studio it kinda sounds like a mix between a baby grand and a straight up piano very pretty. What kind of keyboard do you use?

I have a hymnal my momma actually bought me so I'm starting to learn the hymns from it at the moment then I love playing the keyboard to petra's music as well in wanting to learn prayer by them it's so pretty. And then I'm learning it is finished also by Petra.

I like the classical music. I love it when people apply the classical music to the electric guitar sounds so awesome I'm wanting to learn classical music on the electric guitar once I find time the Turkish march is one I'm wanting to learn. And paganini caprice 24. That is if I can build up enough speed in my hands haha. Awesome to know there's a lot of christan musicians here on RF that love to use their gifts for Jesus Christ. I didn't expect one of the admins to be a musician either haha I guess the good Lord has surprises for us all. I think that's awesome!

JamesSuth

I don't believe you can ever be bored when you have the ability to play a musical instrument :). I'm rarely bored, there are so many things I like doing when I have free time; go for walks, photography, reading (esp Bible and good Christian books), learning. I'd love to learn to play an instrument, but the lack of time means that will likely wait until after the Rapture - maybe you could be one of my tutors :)!?

Musician 4 Jesus

\
I don't believe you can ever be bored when you have the ability to play a musical instrument :). I'm rarely bored, there are so many things I like doing when I have free time; go for walks, photography, reading (esp Bible and good Christian books), learning. I'd love to learn to play an instrument, but the lack of time means that will likely wait until after the Rapture - maybe you could be one of my tutors :)!?
haha true im all music if im not playing im singing if im not singing im trying to write music, music is one of my favorite things Jesus Christ made v3 i love taking photos i try to go out everyday and get some cool animal photos.

haha well i can most definitely try and tech ya how to learn a instrument when the good lord comes back :) :) what would you want to learn keyboard. piano. bass. electric guitar. acoustic guitar. or harmonica? @mattfivefour can teach you drums since have no idea how to play them yet haha. hey Adrian if i dont learn drums before the good lord comes and takes us home do you want to teach me and james?

Musician 4 Jesus

If I'm ever bored out of my mind I'll come here and read @Musician for Jesus's posts... that should get me back in gear.

I don't like being bored. It doesn't happen often but I don't like it. I keep a book/ebook with me so I've always got something to do no matter what circumstances I find myself in.
haha thanks TT glad to know my posts aint boring haha me i get bored easily mostly because of my ADHD makes me have low Attention span haha

TheRedeemed

So what do y'all do when your bored out of your mind?

When I'm bored out of my mind I like to take walks outside with my dog or Dog's lol and take my camera and get some photos.

sometimes I'll do some drawings or sketching.

. Or I'll read the bible. Or a book.

Or I'll watch YT videos of guitars or different music covers.

Or I'll just sit here and stare at the celling and complain to mom about bored I am :lol

What about y'all?

As you know from our conversations over in the music thread 'musicians talk about instruments music and playing for christ'
https://www.raptureforums.com/forum...-and-playing-for-christ.167294/post-843458425

I don’t get the time to be bored! @JamesSuth is correct in saying he wouldn’t get bored either if he could play an instrument. It’s also a great stress buster, playing a touch sensitive keyboard is great to get heavy with when you’re trying to get stuff out of your system. :p

I am sitting here right now browsing my sheet music to plan the next round of videos to record and publish, like Adrian, I too can read a bit, but slowly, massively helped if I already know the tune!

The thing about always being busy though is that I can get too embroiled in this world, which eventually the Lord pulls me back from. I consciously seek Him every day, and I follow my reading plan on my phone every morning in the early hours, right now I have a lovely voice reading 2 Samuel 14 to me :)

I am trying to reign in 3 friends/colleagues, one is the guitar guy you saw on the playlist and another two friends/colleagues too, I hope I can encourage them all to be saved, but one will do for now ;)

Adrian, I also pray for you and your wife and hope you both prosper in His light.

RonJohnSilver

When I'm bored (often), I read and, if sunny, work in the yard. The sun seems to refresh me a bit. I suffer with clinical depression and although medication helps, there are days, about every 10th or so, when I just have zero interest in anything. So I read until it passes, usually in a day. I remember a comment that I read once, I wish I could recall where but it was something to the effect of, 'Reading bridges the gap between boredom and suicide'.
I've not been suicidal but I have always been an avid reader. Maybe that's why.

JamesSuth

\

haha true im all music if im not playing im singing if im not singing im trying to write music, music is one of my favorite things Jesus Christ made v3 i love taking photos i try to go out everyday and get some cool animal photos.

haha well i can most definitely try and tech ya how to learn a instrument when the good lord comes back :) :) what would you want to learn keyboard. piano. bass. electric guitar. acoustic guitar. or harmonica? @mattfivefour can teach you drums since have no idea how to play them yet haha. hey Adrian if i dont learn drums before the good lord comes and takes us home do you want to teach me and james?
Piano from you, and drums from Adrian it is! :). I'd love to play piano. Maybe this is a silly question, but how does a piano and keyboard differ to play?

Music is truly a gift from God that makes this world very much richer. I often find it amazing that after centuries of people composing music there are still countless new songs and tunes being written. I wonder when all the combinations of notes and music will be used up. Maybe never, perhaps our amazing God has made music so diverse that through eternity there will be new music to discover :).

TheRedeemed

Maybe this is a silly question, but how does a piano and keyboard differ to play?

Piano is a single analogue percussion instrument, keyboards are an electronic collection of instruments, including a piano setting, where you can mix and match or layer various instruments. Mostly they come with full backing rhythm units, allowing you to play a whole tune as one. The keyboard is usually 'split' at some point where the left hand at the bottom end of the keys controls the orchestral part and the right hand plays the melody.

Hope this helps!

Lynn

Longing for Home
about every 10th or so, when I just have zero interest in anything. So I read until it passes, usually in a day.
I've recently been reading Psalm 119. I love the way it's broken down into units of eight verses each. 176 verses in all, 22 days to read the whole Psalm by reading just one 8 verse section per day. Also, each section is headed by a letter of the Hebrew alphabet which has only 22 letters. The theme of Psalm 119 is worship and rejoicing over God's Word.

Kerbluey

I have back problems, so I’m bored a lot more than I used to be. In fact, I used to wonder how anyone could ever be bored! Now I know. :tapping I will usually play computer games or watch YouTube videos on subjects like gardening or cooking.

Musician 4 Jesus

I have back problems, so I’m bored a lot more than I used to be. In fact, I used to wonder how anyone could ever be bored! Now I know. :tapping I will usually play computer games or watch YouTube videos on subjects like gardening or cooking.
What's your favorite PC games to play? My mom has back problems to she she will get board when she has to sit for a bit.