What Did You Do Today?

Andy C

I can relate to you Andy. I remember when I joined the Navy in 1966. I also was going to stay for 4 years; however, I changed my mind during my third year and stayed in and retired in 1986. The best part like you said is working for the Lord and His retirement package is out of this world and priceless.
Congrats on sticking around long enough to retire. My wife served 23 years in the Navy and retired as a Chief, Dental Tech

Musician 4 Jesus

Psalms 150 : 1-6 KJV
I knew you were planning some singing and playing, but not the exact details.

Hope it turns out well for you and, as you say, the Lord is with you, so what can go wrong.

With God's help and our own bravery, just like Moses, we can do anything!
AMEN!!! I'm definitely excited we'll start practicing this July for September and I'm super duper excited nervous but excited

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Visited Mom and watered all the plants and flowers in her room.

Then I drove to Whole Foods and when I got there, realized I didn't have my cc :mad Fortunately before going into the store [whew!]
Drove to Dad's house, retrieved said cc and then drove back to WF for periodic stock-up on a couple things and get the item I needed for dinner.
Tomorrow (today) is produce run and a couple of other errands.

Worked on the IRS stupidity for hours and hours and hours the last couple days :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust
Everything I can do as of right now is finished. Tomorrow (today) I need to find a printer, notary, and copier, and then go to the Post Office and mail the hard copy stuff out :mad

I should send them a bill :tappingfoot

Misty S

Thats how I do it and when my wife tells me its not done correctly, I blame the lighting. :oops:
Well, we were chilling on the couch and we were up late and suddenly the power goes kaput at 1 in the morning. He goes off to get the lanterns and this super bright handheld spotlight and turned it upside down and bam. Everything that was on the windows was very illuminated. It did not bother me really, but he is a clean freak and the Windexing ensued. He was quite disappointed with his quality of care pre-spotlight. :biggrin

Andy C

Well, we were chilling on the couch and we were up late and suddenly the power goes kaput at 1 in the morning. He goes off to get the lanterns and this super bright handheld spotlight and turned it upside down and bam. Everything that was on the windows was very illuminated. It did not bother me really, but he is a clean freak and the Windexing ensued. He was quite disappointed with his quality of care pre-spotlight. :biggrin
All your posts about him being a good cook, cleaning...etc.....are exactly why I dont let my wife read on this forum..... :eek2 :biggrin2 . I like the bar raised to minimum height......:biggrin2, not soaring heights

Misty S

All your posts about him being a good cook, cleaning...etc.....are exactly why I dont let my wife read on this forum..... :eek2 :biggrin2 . I like the bar raised to minimum height......:biggrin2, not soaring heights
I know I drone on about him incessantly. I am eternally thankful for the guy. He saved me from absolute destruction, a very abusive husband, and pulled me out of witchcraft just a few years ago, through the Lord. He has told me to stop, that I will nauseate my brothers and sisters, but I am hoplessly stubborn. :nerd

Leigh

Well I've spent the day cleaning house, doing laundry, & ironing, with a little piano practice worked in. My younger son and his girlfriend just arrived for the wedding this weekend (not theirs! :biggrin ). This is the one I'm playing the piano for, and my son is the emcee for the reception tomorrow. Not really sure what that entails for him, because Baptist weddings generally don't have emcees for the reception!

I'm taking a short rest then it's time to start getting ready for the rehearsal this evening.