What Did You Do Today?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I had a good run today. It was a nice spring day which was nice after a week of pretty low temps. After lunch I went out and filled some cracks in the driveway. One more tube worth of filler and I should be done with that chore. It's interestng to me how little I do chore-wise before I'm exhausted. I guess I spend most of my energy when I'm running so there's not much left for anything else.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Lately, everything I've touched has turned to :poop

So, today, when I took the old stupid useless expanding hose off the back spigot, the connector broke and I can't get the little piece off the spigot because the stupid spigot is really stubby and the handle's in the way of the wrench (that I had to go to the store and buy) :mad No idea how I'm going to get that piece of hose connector off of the spigot, but it has to happen before I can get anything done in the back yard :mad

And then, when I tried to run the hose around from the front spigot around to the back, it was too short to reach where I needed it to reach. So the lilac bushes didn't get planted :mad They're looking a little tired. I hope I don't (didn't already) kill them . . .

It was too windy to fertilize, and then I saw the dandelions are up, so I presume it's too late to use the Crabgrass Defender (preemergent) :mad Going to call the University Extension tomorrow before I get the postemergent, but I don't have high hopes :cry

So then when I looked at the Home Depot store websites in the area, none had the postemergent weed n feed I wanted, so it has to be ordered, and it won't get here until late in the week when it's supposed to rain :mad And as a special order, no 10 percent discount :mad No one else in the area carries what I want for the lawn :mad

Nothing's been planted in the planters or window boxes, yet, either :mad

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Leigh

Ghoti, I'm so sorry things aren't working out for you.:mope We've had our share of spigot troubles around here, but I don't have any advice to help (other than "call somebody").

Saying a prayer right now that somehow it all comes together and you are able to get the hose connector off and all your yard work done. :hug

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
Lately, everything I've touched has turned to :poop

So, today, when I took the old stupid useless expanding hose off the back spigot, the connector broke and I can't get the little piece off the spigot because the stupid spigot is really stubby and the handle's in the way of the wrench (that I had to go to the store and buy) :mad No idea how I'm going to get that piece of hose connector off of the spigot, but it has to happen before I can get anything done in the back yard :mad

And then, when I tried to run the hose around from the front spigot around to the back, it was too short to reach where I needed it to reach. So the lilac bushes didn't get planted :mad They're looking a little tired. I hope I don't (didn't already) kill them . . .

It was too windy to fertilize, and then I saw the dandelions are up, so I presume it's too late to use the Crabgrass Defender (preemergent) :mad Going to call the University Extension tomorrow before I get the postemergent, but I don't have high hopes :cry

So then when I looked at the Home Depot store websites in the area, none had the postemergent weed n feed I wanted, so it has to be ordered, and it won't get here until late in the week when it's supposed to rain :mad And as a special order, no 10 percent discount :mad No one else in the area carries what I want for the lawn :mad

Nothing's been planted in the planters or window boxes, yet, either :mad

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
I gave up on having a nice lawn, dogs and dirt bikes... just stay away from my rose garden.

Batman

I had a good run today. It was a nice spring day which was nice after a week of pretty low temps. After lunch I went out and filled some cracks in the driveway. One more tube worth of filler and I should be done with that chore. It's interestng to me how little I do chore-wise before I'm exhausted. I guess I spend most of my energy when I'm running so there's not much left for anything else.
TT.......I'm having a lot more of the exhaustion from little done activities lately myself. I've always had an issue with getting drained quickly when performing athletics, working, etc. but in my late 50's this is something much more quickly developing. I used to eat a candy bar and a Coke and get very charged up but in my mid to late 30's I had to replace those with a couple of pieces of fruit, which greatly helped in keeping me from crashing during activities, including dizziness and even nauseous. I'm trying to work in low carb Ezekiel type bread and natural low sugar/carb peanut butter, raw almonds/nuts, and some organic cream/almond milk basic smoothies once in a while when I figure it will be needed or is actually needed.

I know the best thing is to be involved in regular exercise of some level along with any dietary food, snack, drink so that is my goal, but the winter months and often a ludicrous work schedule conflicts.

I am so ready for a new, young, fully healthy, and complete energy body!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I gave up on having a nice lawn, dogs and dirt bikes... just stay away from my rose garden.

When I was a little kid, a neighbor had a beautiful flower garden. We kids, of course, were supposed to stay out of it. I couldn't of course... I love roses and at one home I created a pretty nice rose garden. I would have been pleased to see a child snatch a bud for whatever reason they had. But that wasn't a problem because the deer would come and eat every bud overnight. If I ever live in a climate where I can grow rose plants, I think that'll become a major hobby. They require a lot of care. We have wild roses here, but most rose varieties wouldn't survive our winters.

Misty S

We were out in the rain today. Hubbs has this thing he does every year where he sits, walks, dances and such in the first sustained warm spring rain of the year. I got in on this and it is quite enjoyable. Now, I have three and a half more hours of the grind left and then it is beddy-bye time.

The next two days I am off and we are going camping. :inlove

Batman

Today I sent several friends texts to wish them a Happy May the Force/Fourth Be With You Day, picked up a gift for our son's Friday birthday, tried to catch up on a little sleep, and prepped something for dinner that is in the oven right now. My back hurts but it's been a good day. Tomorrow I have a very important job interview that is 100% of what I've done the past 31 years and even more so the past 8. I'm doing research and prepping for it tonight.

Leigh

Today I sent several friends texts to wish them a Happy May the Force/Fourth Be With You Day, picked up a gift for our son's Friday birthday, tried to catch up on a little sleep, and prepped something for dinner that is in the oven right now. My back hurts but it's been a good day. Tomorrow I have a very important job interview that is 100% of what I've done the past 31 years and even more so the past 8. I'm doing research and prepping for it tonight.
Haha, my boss said that to me yesterday ("Happy May the Fourth Be With You Day!). :biggrin

Something happened to my back yesterday too - not sure what, but it was fine when I left for work and 15 minutes later when I went to get out of the car, I could barely move. I had exercised before work though, so maybe pulled a muscle.

Saying a prayer that all goes well with your interview! :pray

Batman

Haha, my boss said that to me yesterday ("Happy May the Fourth Be With You Day!). :biggrin

Something happened to my back yesterday too - not sure what, but it was fine when I left for work and 15 minutes later when I went to get out of the car, I could barely move. I had exercised before work though, so maybe pulled a muscle.

Saying a prayer that all goes well with your interview! :pray
Thank you. Praying for your back. I've been plagued with back problems since 14 or 16 years old and lately it is giving me more problems than normal.

Psalm37v4

I was bad today and didn't do much of anything. I didn't sleep well the night before, so I "made up" for it today. About 90% finished with packing. Still have to go to my storage unit and clean that out. That is about 50% done. I also packed another 2 boxes of stuff. Tomorrow will be exciting, my supervisor is ordering lunch from a Chinese/Japanese restaurant for my retirement. Also the girl who took my old job is bringing in something for me. :) Only 2 more days til retirement!!

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Today, I went to where we bought our car about 5 minutes from the house to pick up the lien release. We paid off our car we bought 2 years ago yesterday on the same day May 4th. Then we went grocery shopping for the week, and then we went to the DMV to have the title and the lien release sent off for a title without the lienholder's name on there. They said it takes 2 weeks to get that back. It is nice being free from making car payments. We also went to Price Chopper because I have a craving for watermelon. After that we went to Taco Bell for dinner. Finally, getting to rest after running around today!

Andy C

i watched a Documentary on the "Son of Sam" and later found out that he became a born again christian which i found to be amazing considering what he had done to others in the past
He has an amazing testimony on a video that was on you tube. Very shocking to discover that a serial killer like him can be changed, but only by Jesus. He has helped lead many prisoners to Jesus.