What Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Surely you jest. I've never seen anything but a nice (usually expensive) wool suit look like a nice wool suit. You can look around in a crowd and just about figure what each man paid for his suit. Maybe women's clothing isn't that easy to grade...

Women's clothing almost always looks cheap when standing next to a well-dressed man. The fabrics used in wmen's suits are generally not as nice as those used in men's suits, even if just as spendy or more spendy, unless you get something custom-made using the same fabrics as used in men's suits.

Just because a woman's suit is expensive, doesn't mean it doen't look cheap or tacky :cry

For whatever reason (probably $$$$$$$$$$$$$$), professional women just aren't treated very well by the fashion industry.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Yesterday, the IRS finally accepted my electronic return. I had used the fillable forms thing on the IRS website. Everything was fine and got it uploaded, but since I only got the submitted confirmaton, not the accepted notification, I held off on submitting my State return. Over a month later, I got an email from fillable forms claiming there was an error on one of the submitted forms. Nope. The line was done correctly. However, the email said it was wrong and fillable forms wouldn't take it the way it's supposed to be, so I ended up correcting the "error," so now it's wrong, but fillable forms said it's right, the return submitted, and the IRS accepted it :rolleyes

Then, I tried to file Minnesota taxes electronically and found out none of the free tax software on the Minnesota Department of Revenue website will let me efile State-only. They all require me to file Federal with them to use their software for State :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust

So, today I went to the public library and printed out my State taxes and a copy of my Federal taxes and signed them. Then went to the Post Office to mail them and it was closed, so I tried to send using the kiosk in the lobby. Nope.

So, a rush-hour trip to the used-to-be-open-24/7-now-only-until-2300 hours-on-weekdays-and-1800 hours-on-weekends Post Office by the airport. There was a long line to drop off taxes from the vehicle, plus four or five cops directing traffic. All well and good because it was moving fast, but I send paper taxes out certified, so I had to go inside and stand in line. The woman at the counter was nice and she knew what she was doing, but she was hard to understand because she was wearing a mask (muffled and couldn't lip read) :frown

So finally, my taxes are done and sent in. Wonder how long it'll be before the State of Minnesota rejects my State tax return because the attached (required) ("corrected") Federal return is wrong :mad I did include a copy of the IRS acceptance thing, so maybe :lol that'll head off any problems.

Dinner was late :frown

Andy C

2 or 3 times a week, I take my 8 year old GD to Defy, and extreme trampoline air park, and we spend between 1-2 hours each visit. Yesterday, I found a way to pass the time in a constructive manner, vice surfing the web. My wife paired my wireless headphones with my phone, so I put them on, thus drowning out the loud music, and listened to Andy Woods teaching on Jesus's Olivet Discourse. Now, I can listen to sermons every visit.

Pastor Woods has an approx 10 part teaching on the Olivet Discourse, and its in the middle of his series on the rapture. Very good teaching, but a little long winded, and Woods has a tendency to be all over the place in his sermons. However, if you make it all the way through, all his sidebars get tied in and Im always glad I listend to the entire teaching.

Andy C

Yesterday, the IRS finally accepted my electronic return. I had used the fillable forms thing on the IRS website. Everything was fine and got it uploaded, but since I only got the submitted confirmaton, not the accepted notification, I held off on submitting my State return. Over a month later, I got an email from fillable forms claiming there was an error on one of the submitted forms. Nope. The line was done correctly. However, the email said it was wrong and fillable forms wouldn't take it the way it's supposed to be, so I ended up correcting the "error," so now it's wrong, but fillable forms said it's right, the return submitted, and the IRS accepted it :rolleyes

Then, I tried to file Minnesota taxes electronically and found out none of the free tax software on the Minnesota Department of Revenue website will let me efile State-only. They all require me to file Federal with them to use their software for State :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust

So, today I went to the public library and printed out my State taxes and a copy of my Federal taxes and signed them. Then went to the Post Office to mail them and it was closed, so I tried to send using the kiosk in the lobby. Nope.

So, a rush-hour trip to the used-to-be-open-24/7-now-only-until-2300 hours-on-weekdays-and-1800 hours-on-weekends Post Office by the airport. There was a long line to drop off taxes from the vehicle, plus four or five cops directing traffic. All well and good because it was moving fast, but I send paper taxes out certified, so I had to go inside and stand in line. The woman at the counter was nice and she knew what she was doing, but she was hard to understand because she was wearing a mask (muffled and couldn't lip read) :frown

So finally, my taxes are done and sent in. Wonder how long it'll be before the State of Minnesota rejects my State tax return because the attached (required) ("corrected") Federal return is wrong :mad I did include a copy of the IRS acceptance thing, so maybe :lol that'll head off any problems.

Dinner was late :frown
My wife is a true warrior. Last week, while she was still mostly bedridden with MS fatigue, she filed our state and federal taxes through turbo tax. Normally, we file in early Feb, but this year was the latest we ever filed. I thought because of the later filing, we would wait a long time for them to be processed and get the returns. However, both State and federal returns have already been deposited in our bank account.

Andy C

Normally I'm a Carhartt Sourdough, so I probably won't feel all that comfortable in Costco Chique, but the only place I could have paid less is at the local store that sells used stuff.
Im the same. I have a few suits, but honestly cant remember the last time I wore one. Im simply not a formal type person, and feel more comfortable in jeans and a t shirt, than I would wearing anything else. Its not a matter of the cost of quality clothes, its a matter of personal comfort, and more importantly, I dont want too:calvin

RobinB

I like my WASHABLE polyester suit. I looks like a nice wool suit, but I don't have to pay for dry cleaning :dance2
Best to use Woolite Darks and gentle cycle, and dry on low heat. No ironing, either. :dance2

Years ago I used to wear silk blouses, which were so nice but had to be dry cleaned. These days, the polyester blouses are very silky and thrown right into the washer. :nod

RobinB

My wife is a true warrior. Last week, while she was still mostly bedridden with MS fatigue, she filed our state and federal taxes through turbo tax. Normally, we file in early Feb, but this year was the latest we ever filed. I thought because of the later filing, we would wait a long time for them to be processed and get the returns. However, both State and federal returns have already been deposited in our bank account.

That's great! It's too scary to wait like we used to, too many criminals out there trying to intercept and snag your refund.

athenasius

Normally I'm a Carhartt Sourdough, so I probably won't feel all that comfortable in Costco Chique, but the only place I could have paid less is at the local store that sells used stuff.
Love Carhartt! Brother in law and son in law and sometimes our daughter too. No better work wear can be found.

I'm finally feeling better, so I hope the worst of getting used to my new low dose thyroid is over.

I finally went online to shop for George's pants. I found a SALE!!!!! His Docker's Mens Straight Fit. On clearance though. Picked up 6 pair in his usual khaki beige and a pair of black, and a pair of navy for "formal nights" on the upcoming cruises this summer.

And if they all fit like they should, he won't even have to go to Moore's menswear and the men's fitting room while chirpy salespeople try to upsell him and use tape measures and other instruments of torture.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
2 or 3 times a week, I take my 8 year old GD to Defy, and extreme trampoline air park, and we spend between 1-2 hours each visit. Yesterday, I found a way to pass the time in a constructive manner, vice surfing the web. My wife paired my wireless headphones with my phone, so I put them on, thus drowning out the loud music, and listened to Andy Woods teaching on Jesus's Olivet Discourse. Now, I can listen to sermons every visit.

Pastor Woods has an approx 10 part teaching on the Olivet Discourse, and its in the middle of his series on the rapture. Very good teaching, but a little long winded, and Woods has a tendency to be all over the place in his sermons. However, if you make it all the way through, all his sidebars get tied in and Im always glad I listend to the entire teaching.
I take my grandchildren to Defy almost every weekend. I take my kindle and read books. Agree, it is way too loud.
I have been watching Dr Woods's Zachariah sermons and Middle East Meltdown, which is Ezekiel 36-38.
I didn't know about the Olivet Discourse so I will add that one in too. He is so slow and methodical but I have learned a lot from watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.