What Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan

Spent a good amount of time taking in the general reception to the debate last night, both here and other cites.

I prayed a few times that God would carry us through.

Shored up a few needed components to finish my new HAM station.

Spoiled my dog, Sydney. But just all her Sid.

I know, boring. But, I do like this thread. One day I will have something awesome to share.

Eric Nicholas

Spent a good amount of time taking in the general reception to the debate last night, both here and other cites.

I prayed a few times that God would carry us through.

Shored up a few needed components to finish my new HAM station.

Spoiled my dog, Sydney. But just all her Sid.

I know, boring. But, I do like this thread. One day I will have something awesome to share.
I'm so jealous of the HAM station! That's great, truly.

Eric Nicholas

Alright, so I just watched "Classic Stossel: Campaign Moments and Message". While interesting, it really does highlight the vanity of humanity and the games we play to get such a fleeting amount of power. It's all fake. Sad.

If you care to watch it, let me know what you think. It runs for eleven minutes and thirty eight seconds. Easy watch.

Eric Nicholas

Alright, so again, I just watched "Classic Stossel: Campaign Tech". It's eleven minutes and thirteen second long. It's not that I hadn't expected these insights, but still, to see it confessed. To see how easily people are manipulated? Pah. The part at 8:46 is just... pathetic? Is that the right word? I know that's "game". This life and the way humans employ their traits and talents certainly does feel like a game.

@Tall Timbers If you watch any of these, I'd like your input. Do you find it all dishonest and vain?

Eric Nicholas

We aren't in the mountains yet if that's what you mean... relatively flat. Yes snow ALREADY. About 3" in 3 hours :nod
You know, I'll admit that snow is so beautiful. I remember watching it fall at night, it descended so slowly. The orange hued streetlights illuminated the cold moisture in the hair and gave it such an otherworldly hazy appearance. There was hardly any typical noise resonating through the streets. It was so quiet and subdued. Beautiful.

Annie

Be A Berean!
You know, I'll admit that snow is so beautiful. I remember watching it fall at night, it descended so slowly. The orange hued streetlights illuminated the cold moisture in the hair and gave it such an otherworldly hazy appearance. There was hardly any typical noise resonating through the streets. It was so quiet and subdued. Beautiful.
It IS beautiful. I just don't want to drive in it or fall in it......... if it's deep enough it at least it pads your fall :lol

Already lots of accidents on the freeway etc because of it.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Alright, so again, I just watched "Classic Stossel: Campaign Tech". It's eleven minutes and thirteen second long. It's not that I hadn't expected these insights, but still, to see it confessed. To see how easily people are manipulated? Pah. The part at 8:46 is just... pathetic? Is that the right word? I know that's "game". This life and the way humans employ their traits and talents certainly does feel like a game.

@Tall Timbers If you watch any of these, I'd like your input. Do you find it all dishonest and vain?

I'm not familiar with "Classic Stossel: Campaign Tech". Is it a Youtube video. If it is I could probably find it. Normally I wouldn't watch anything with the word "campaign" in it. I am interested in the manipulation aspect as so many people do seem to be easily manipulated... which is hard for me to understand...

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I drove in to town for a loaf of sourdough bread. I also took advantage of the trip to see how the temperature was where I wanted to run because I was afraid it might be a little low for me... So about $5 of gas for a $2 loaf of bread, or I guess I could say it's a $7 loaf... Fortunately the temps were a wee bit warmer than my weather apps were telling me so I put on my newly studded running shoes and got my run done! PTL.

Eric Nicholas

I'm not familiar with "Classic Stossel: Campaign Tech". Is it a Youtube video. If it is I could probably find it. Normally I wouldn't watch anything with the word "campaign" in it. I am interested in the manipulation aspect as so many people do seem to be easily manipulated... which is hard for me to understand...
Yeah. Just type in the title and it is on Stossel's channel. Should come right up.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

I watched it. It was interesting. Their data makes presumptions of people that won't always be true so there is some danger in applying this data in door to door canvassing the way Cruz has, but it probably helps more than it hurts, which is the endgame, I imagine, to help nudge folks that aren't quite sure yet to vote for whomever it is you're working for.

You could probably pay canvassers a high salary and not have nearly so many radio and tv ads and actually spend less and have a more effective campaign.

Also, There will be a percentage of people with IQs in a certain range who will see through it all and be able to control the outcomes by how they respond, and will do so just because they can.

Personally, I've never seen a political ad that moved me in a positive way, and if someone came to my door I'd probably politely send them packing... unless it was someone I knew, then I'd have to go through with whatever they wanted to present to me. I really don't like politics, campaigns, etc. I always vote and research the people running on my own, but outside of that I just don't want to be bothered by it.

Given that the demonrats want to end our Constitutional Republic, if I can encourage anyone to vote for President Trump and Republicans in general, I would... Better to win via the ballot box than with bullets later on.

Eric Nicholas

I watched it. It was interesting. Their data makes presumptions of people that won't always be true so there is some danger in applying this data in door to door canvassing the way Cruz has, but it probably helps more than it hurts, which is the endgame, I imagine, to help nudge folks that aren't quite sure yet to vote for whomever it is you're working for.

You could probably pay canvassers a high salary and not have nearly so many radio and tv ads and actually spend less and have a more effective campaign.

Also, There will be a percentage of people with IQs in a certain range who will see through it all and be able to control the outcomes by how they respond, and will do so just because they can.

Personally, I've never seen a political ad that moved me in a positive way, and if someone came to my door I'd probably politely send them packing... unless it was someone I knew, then I'd have to go through with whatever they wanted to present to me. I really don't like politics, campaigns, etc. I always vote and research the people running on my own, but outside of that I just don't want to be bothered by it.

Given that the demonrats want to end our Constitutional Republic, if I can encourage anyone to vote for President Trump and Republicans in general, I would... Better to win via the ballot box than with bullets later on.
One hundred percent, sir. Political ads never really moved me either. They seem to really appeal to the raw aspect of our nature, which isn't particularly great in my opinion. I like the balance that you bring to the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.