What Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Yeah, it's 1/8". I started with a 3 guard (3/8s inch), but it looked a bit thin still, so I kept going with it. It's not a style I would have chosen, but I think it looks alright. I feel somewhat forced into it, but at least I owned it instead of trying to put it off.

It feels like it came 10 or 20 years early to be honest, and it's been frustrating losing my hair at a young age. I'm ready to just get used to having it short and move on with my life

I've still got a full head of hair but cut it short to 1/8th" and use 1/16th" on the sides and back. I used to cut it to about 1/2 inch but at some point learned that cutting it shorter was easier, and at 1/8th " there's no grooming requirement until it grows in, and I'm all for not seeing myself in the mirror. That stranger I see sure is old...

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Went for a run, drove to Cheyenne from Colorado Springs, checked into my AirBnB... It's a loft with a private full bathroom, and it seems that it'll be a nice comfy (cool) temperature for me so I should sleep well. The hosts are very friendly. I'm going to bump my head frequently given the shape of the ceiling. At the highest point it is only a couple inches above my head and slopes down towards both sides of the room. I also met with a realtor and we'll get together tomorrow. He's got a lot of properties to show me.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Went for a run, drove to Cheyenne from Colorado Springs, checked into my AirBnB... It's a loft with a private full bathroom, and it seems that it'll be a nice comfy (cool) temperature for me so I should sleep well. The hosts are very friendly. I'm going to bump my head frequently given the shape of the ceiling. At the highest point it is only a couple inches above my head and slopes down towards both sides of the room. I also met with a realtor and we'll get together tomorrow. He's got a lot of properties to show me.
I hope you find something you like, and when do you go home?

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
When I was subbing today a lot of the kids that I've had for other classes were pointing out my new lack of hair. Some were positive about it and others were neutral, but surprisingly no one made a negative comment. One that made me laugh randomly asked (and this a highschool student, mind you), "Mr. Salluz, why did you shave your head?" I told the truth and said it was because I was tired of both the thinning and paying for expensive haircuts. The girl next to him told him off for asking an insensitive question lol.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I started out my day putting the Happy 12th RF Anniversary thread on Anything Goes for Yeshua's Bride and myself. Then I went to breakfast drive thru McDonalds. Jeff-pancakes & sausage with hash browns, and Janice-3 breakfast burritos with hash browns. Jeff drinks hot chocolate, and Janice-Maxwell house coffee with hazelnut creamer. I am doing whites with some place mats, and going grocery shopping.

athenasius

Yesterday I got in to see the eye dr to deal with problem that popped up in the last few weeks. It's related to screen time and dry eyes. He stuck a needle in my eye to fix it and informed me I need to keep up with some hydrating eye drops and less screen time. I read on my ipad a lot, keeping up with news, reading books, playing games as well as the big screen in the office here so apparently it makes that worse.

I feel the need to comply, and do as I'm told or there will apparently be more needles coming to my eye in future. And I had trouble with contacts, never could get used to them.

This is a whole 'nother level of "please, don't put that in my eyeball! thank you".

so I'm going to use the timer function on my cell phone to keep my screen time down. the irony is not lost on me! Modern problems and modern solutions! :lol

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Today I went for a run around Lion's Park. I started a 2nd lap but then after a while decided I'd better get back to my AirBnB and get cleaned up and get breakfast so I don't keep the realtor I'm working with waiting. So, I cut about a third of my run out. Went to Mcdonald's for breakfast and sent a text to the realtor telling him I was ready to start our day whenever it was convenient for him. A little while later we got started and explored some properties. There was one that is in the closing process that I am considering making a contingency bid on. While it's not perfect, it's probably about as close as I'll come. Tomorrow morning I'm going to study the neighborhood covenant and if I can live with the covenant I'll ask the realtor to let me see the house one more time so I can scrutinize it in a detailed fashion before making an offer. The realtor told me that quite a few deals have been falling through before closing lately so it's worth it to make an offer if I want the home. Later I had a burger at a sit down place and then I went to the local Calvary Chapel for a Bible study that covered Deuteronomy Chapters 29 and 30.

It's been lightly snowing here all day. Tomorrow morning I think I'll run in the studded shoes I brought.

RobinB

esterday I got in to see the eye dr to deal with problem that popped up in the last few weeks. It's related to screen time and dry eyes. He stuck a needle in my eye to fix it and informed me I need to keep up with some hydrating eye drops and less screen time. I read on my ipad a lot, keeping up with news, reading books, playing games as well as the big screen in the office here so apparently it makes that worse.

I feel the need to comply, and do as I'm told or there will apparently be more needles coming to my eye in future. And I had trouble with contacts, never could get used to them.

Whoa! I have one eye starting to act "dry" and I've been told to use OTC drops. Why a needle? Get a second opinion!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.