What Did You Do Today?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
This morning we tore apart our family room because last night there was a huge spider we couldn't catch. But now room is clean and furniture rearranged. Waiting for my parents to come by, they are now home from their month camping in Myrtle Beach.

When it comes to spiders, yuge is in the eye of the beholder. I just squashed a yuge spider that was in the garage with one of my pinkies. It was yuge, I tell ya!

I just saw a 9 FOOT inflatable spider yard decoration on Amazon :eek

Now that's a huge spider!!! :lol

Hidden

I saw the Caucasus mountains from afar. Faint but you can see the outlines where cloud banks sit. It's endless and runs through many countries. Our tour guide said that beyond is Russia.

It's probably right around here that Noah and his sons lived before humanity moved eastward to Shinar about a hundred years later. Also saw a a traditional winery where grapes were tread on a canoe-like log and stored in jars underground where there's very small opening tightly shut to allow fermentation. Georgians think their winery tradition is almost 8,000 years but we know it's probably only around 5,000 to 6,000 years if we based on Biblical chronology and assuming wine-making really did start here.

athenasius

I saw the Caucasus mountains from afar. Faint but you can see the outlines where cloud banks sit. It's endless and runs through many countries. Our tour guide said that beyond is Russia.

It's probably right around here that Noah and his sons lived before humanity moved eastward to Shinar about a hundred years later. Also saw a a traditional winery where grapes were tread on a canoe-like log and stored in jars underground where there's very small opening tightly shut to allow fermentation. Georgians think their winery tradition is almost 8,000 years but we know it's probably only around 5,000 to 6,000 years if we based on Biblical chronology and assuming wine-making really did start here.
Amazing to see all that and think of Noah and his sons coming off the Ark starting it all over again.

Hidden

Amazing to see all that and think of Noah and his sons coming off the Ark starting it all over again.

That's what i kept thinking during the tour. As we passed through endless mountain ranges and gorges today I imagined how people and their tribes spread out from Babel.

We had a very long today. Started out from Tbilisi at 9am and reached hotel at 9pm. What a day. Kind of disappointing that we travelled about an hour a half to every destination but only spent around 30mins each and basically just to take pictures.

We visited the Ananuri Fortress, the Gudauri resort, the Gergeti Palace and had a nice view of the Kazbegi Mountain. There wasn't much snow except on the peaks. It was so close to Russia only about 10km. And there's a long line of trucks headed to Russia. There's an alternate route being constructed specifically for trucks so they don't share the same highway with tourists and guess who's constructing it - a Chinese company.

Tomorrow we're headed to Mshketa (meshech? The origin of the mushki tribe that peopled Moscow, Russia?) Also is Tbilisi where I'm staying at the original place of the inhabitants of Tobolsk, Russia? Lots of questions as you explore these places.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
That's what i kept thinking during the tour. As we passed through endless mountain ranges and gorges today I imagined how people and their tribes spread out from Babel.

We had a very long today. Started out from Tbilisi at 9am and reached hotel at 9pm. What a day. Kind of disappointing that we travelled about an hour a half to every destination but only spent around 30mins each and basically just to take pictures.

We visited the Ananuri Fortress, the Gudauri resort, the Gergeti Palace and had a nice view of the Kazbegi Mountain. There wasn't much snow except on the peaks. It was so close to Russia only about 10km. And there's a long line of trucks headed to Russia. There's an alternate route being constructed specifically for trucks so they don't share the same highway with tourists and guess who's constructing it - a Chinese company.

Tomorrow we're headed to Mshketa (meshech? The origin of the mushki tribe that peopled Moscow, Russia?) Also is Tbilisi where I'm staying at the original place of the inhabitants of Tobolsk, Russia? Lots of questions as you explore these places.
Hope you are having a nice trip enjoying all the different places! :bighug

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I took my Escape in because the auto stop/start wasn't restarting every once in a while. They called me later and told me it was the battery and that that wasn't covered under warranty. I told them They'd just put a new battery in for me several months ago. WARRANTY. It pays to keep good records. Thing is, the battery that came with this new car was poor from the getgo. I'd complain about it everytime I took the vehicle in for any kind of service and they'd tell me it passed their tests. I finally replace it when it's 4 years old and all of the electrical issues I was having went away. The new battery was definitely a good one. Then the vehicle sat on their lot for an entire month waiting for a small job to get done (they're short help like everyone else). I was livid because my new battery surely was going to be affected by draining during that time. Once a car wet battery drains overly much it'll start to degrade. I was happy to get a new battery today but I don't think there was much wrong with the one that was in the car. Anyway, hope the issue I brought it in for is resolved. Because of the car service, I didn't have a chance to run until the afternoon when it had warmed up to a balmy 30 degrees or so...

athenasius

I took my Escape in because the auto stop/start wasn't restarting every once in a while. They called me later and told me it was the battery and that that wasn't covered under warranty. I told them They'd just put a new battery in for me several months ago. WARRANTY. It pays to keep good records. Thing is, the battery that came with this new car was poor from the getgo. I'd complain about it everytime I took the vehicle in for any kind of service and they'd tell me it passed their tests. I finally replace it when it's 4 years old and all of the electrical issues I was having went away. The new battery was definitely a good one. Then the vehicle sat on their lot for an entire month waiting for a small job to get done (they're short help like everyone else). I was livid because my new battery surely was going to be affected by draining during that time. Once a car wet battery drains overly much it'll start to degrade. I was happy to get a new battery today but I don't think there was much wrong with the one that was in the car. Anyway, hope the issue I brought it in for is resolved. Because of the car service, I didn't have a chance to run until the afternoon when it had warmed up to a balmy 30 degrees or so...
That battery is super important to be in tip top shape before winter. (I come from plug in territory as you know) and battery health is everything in winter.

George took me to Costco where we blew money on meat, olive oil, nuts and vitamins. It was fun to get out. I'm finally feeling a bit better energy wise today which is wonderful. Whether it lasts or not I had me an outing to Costco. Party hat optional. :lol

Hidden

So before I drifted off to sleep I mentioned we're going today to Mshketa which is about 20km north of Tbilisi, and how it could somehow be related to the tribe of Meshech mentioned in Ezekiel 38. The thought was still there when I woke up and so I went to a rabbithole and found out that it is only loosely connected in that one theory is that it was named after the Meschian tribe.

But...BUT...according to Wikipedia, the Meschian tribe or the Meskhetian Turks used to be located in southwestern Georgia until Joseph Stalin deported them to Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Krygstan, and Uzbekistan! That's it! The Meshech Tribe is now in Central Asia, which is largely sunni muslim! It totally fits the Ezekiel scenario. Wow.

And with that I'm now going to prepare for another day of tiring adventure. But first, tea. No more tea in my room, so I'm gonna ask the reception. Also breakfast here doesn't start until 9am, which is also the time that the van picks me up. Good thing breakfast is not included when I booked the hotel because the past two days, I couldn't have breakfast due to conflicting hours.

Andy C

This post is my 44,000 post, a total Im reaching for my 3rd time…..Im guessing when Chris updates the system, and purges some older threads, our older posts and likes go with them.

Day off from running, but hit my home gym hard for an hour this morning.

Nap time….:snoopy

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Earlier today after I'd run and done my grocery shopping and put gas in the car, I was just headed to my room for a nap when my oldest daughter intercepted me and told me her laptop wouldn't turn on. It took a half hour or so before we could get it to come to life, but it finally did. I think it got hung up on either an OS or system update... that's my guess. Anyhows, I didn't get a nap, so if any of my posts this evening have a cranky bent to them, you know why... and you can blame it on my daughter...

Hidden

Yesterday we went to see the Lisi Lake, the Jvari Monastery which was built in the 6th century and overlooking the Mshketa town which was said to be the original capital or Georgia. Then we went to Mshketa which was filled with tourists and bought souvenirs and visited the Svetitskovelli Cathedral which they say was

Hidden

Yesterday we went to see the Lisi Lake, the Jvari Monastery which was built in the 6th century and overlooking the Mshketa town which was said to be the original capital or Georgia. Then we went to Mshketa which was filled with tourists and bought souvenirs and visited the Svetitskovelli Cathedral which they say was built in the 4th century. Georgia has many orthodox "churches" and they're more than a thousand year old.

It was also the Mshketa Day so the timing was great. They were having mass or something and people were standing outside and there are priests garbed in black and their hair tied into a knot. After having our lunch the group decided to just head back to Tbilisi instead of going to the Sabaduri Forest which was an hour away from Mshketa. We were tired with the tours and just wanted to relax and have coffee in the city. Well, that was my last tour day. Some of my tour friends will have more tours, some are going back to Kuwait, UAE, and Saudi Arabia.

My flight isn't until Sunday so I have two more days to roam the city and just relax and read a book or something. I'm looking for one of those antique looking compass which has a nice case that you can open and close. I couldn't find it in the souvenir shops and stalls during our tour. Someone told me I might find it in antique stalls and shops in the city.