What Did You Do Today?

chaser

Praising my Savior all the day long!
7 am headed out for my early morning walk, 47* with a light breeze, shorts and sweatshirt, and light mechanic's gloves. After that worked on gutter down spout extensions, used my Dewalt hand grinder and a metal cutting wheel to cut the gutter material(very fun tool) after that job was done I continued working on the rock wall in back yard, taking out the wall stones and re-setting them and back fill with dirt. The wall was built in 1958, some stones have deteriorated, some fractured and the wall has shifted out of place and 3 areas need to be rebuilt from ground up, but the neighbors fence is 5 " or less from the wall and no room to work on the wall. So I may try and drive some steel pipe into the ground right next to the wall stones to keep them from shifting into the fence.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
After work we got eye exams. They said I could use my old frames and just get new lenses. Even with my insurance, they quoted me $638 for lenses only -- 2 pair. I took my Rx and will shop around. :rolleyes:

Last time I needed glasses the VA gave me a voucher for a free pair, but I had to get it from one of the places on their list. Those ones cost $500 something and the frames broke sometime during the first month. I took them back to the place that provided them and they said I should have bought insurance. I had ordered a backup pair from the internet for a smidgen over $100 total and had those to use. I then purchased another backup pair from another internet seller for about $100... I don't think I'll spend the VA's money for new glasses anymore unless one of the places guarantees them for a year with the purchase. I think both my online purchases guarantee them for a year...

Leigh

After work we got eye exams. They said I could use my old frames and just get new lenses. Even with my insurance, they quoted me $638 for lenses only -- 2 pair. I took my Rx and will shop around. :rolleyes:
Last time I needed glasses the VA gave me a voucher for a free pair, but I had to get it from one of the places on their list. Those ones cost $500 something and the frames broke sometime during the first month. I took them back to the place that provided them and they said I should have bought insurance. I had ordered a backup pair from the internet for a smidgen over $100 total and had those to use. I then purchased another backup pair from another internet seller for about $100... I don't think I'll spend the VA's money for new glasses anymore unless one of the places guarantees them for a year with the purchase. I think both my online purchases guarantee them for a year...

I was going to suggest online also. That's the only place my husband will buy glasses anymore. We used to buy from Zenni but more recently he purchases from Goggles4U. The main downside is that it takes several weeks for them to be made and delivered.

I work for an optometrist and he doesn't really recommend buying glasses online (and we don't sell them in our office, so it's not benefitting him in any way to discourage online shopping). Of course if you buy from a store you get personalized fitting from an optician which makes it worth it to many people.

Costco glasses seem to be the best value in a brick and mortar store and they usually have excellent customer service. But even Costco is several times the cost of buying online.

Half of our friends now wear glasses they bought online, thanks to John's enthusiastic endorsement! :D

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
We got our second snowfall of the season early this morning, a couple inches, so I installed snow tires on my Escape. Now I'll run in to town and see how many vehicles are in the ditch between here and there.

Andy C

Ran, dropped off Milly at school, Home depot to buy a pole hedge trimmer, groceries at Fred Meyers, home gym workout, yardwork, picked up Milly at school, now Im at Defy extreme park with her for 2 hours.

My wife is spending the night at her moms to give her caregiver brother the night off.

Party time tonight for me and my dog, but lights out by 9……