What Did You Do Today?

Andy C

Great weather, 48 this morning on my run.

Going to the VA walk in clinic this morning to have my stomach checked. I have had a tender spot in the center of my stomach for 12 days. I think it a muscle strain or tear from dropping weight 12 days ago on my stomach, but to be safe, I will have the DR check to make sure externally Im ok. Im hungry because I avoided eating in case they do an ultra sound or scan. I have zero other symptoms, so Dr Andy is convinced its nothing to worry about :biggrin

Andy C

Great weather, 48 this morning on my run.

Going to the VA walk in clinic this morning to have my stomach checked. I have had a tender spot in the center of my stomach for 12 days. I think it a muscle strain or tear from dropping weight 12 days ago on my stomach, but to be safe, I will have the DR check to make sure externally Im ok. Im hungry because I avoided eating in case they do an ultra sound or scan. I have zero other symptoms, so Dr Andy is convinced its nothing to worry about :biggrin
Nurse poked around, felt nothing suspicious, so its likely just a muscle bruising. If not better in a week, I can opt to get a scan.
On the way out of the clinic, I got my annual flu shot. Hey, whats one more jab, Ive had more than I could ever remember. Pin cushion Andy is always ready..:bluesclues

Andy C

Well we didn't have the best experience in the Outer Banks, so we drove on up the coast this morning and are staying tonight in Virginia Beach. It's gorgeous here!! That's the view from our room on the 8th floor.
What happened in the OB?

The second night we were there the wind was so strong I thought it might tip over our fifth wheel RV. We were there off season so most places were closed.

Leigh

We spent several nights there in 2016 at an RV park in Cape Hatteras. Beautiful and WINDY.
I'll bet that was beautiful Andy!

We drove across I-64 (or Hwy 64?) and got onto the island at Nags Head and went north, staying in Kill Devil Hills. The lady at the welcome center said the northern part is much more built up than the southern part, where Cape Hatteras is - which we didn't see.

We thought we had reserved a room with an ocean view and it turned out to be the end room of the motel right on the street with all the noise and definitely no ocean! And the place was old and run down, although it was clean. No 'extras' in the room, like shampoo, kleenex, etc. Then, the majority of restaurants turned out either to be closed on Mondays (which, of course, we were there on a Monday!), or closed for the season, or who knows... maybe closed for good due to COVID and shortage of workers. John said if I admit what we FINALLY ended up having for our anniversary dinner, we might not make it to #36!! (So I won't tell but it involves golden arches! :laugh) We made up for it today though with a delicious lunch here in VA Beach.

Happy anniversary- 35 years….thats great.
Thank you - 35 years sounds like a long time but I was a young bride!! :p

chaser

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Worked outside today in beautiful weather , 69* sunny and a slight breeze, eliminating wild shrubs/trees and vines that like to cling and grow on everything they can. Some of the vines have a 2" or more diameter, like what Tarzan used to swing on!