What Did You Do Today?

Misty S

Shoveling and blowing snow and barefootedness? Pft. On a rest day, I soak myself in hot water, then I go out in a negative 20 degree Fahrenheit climate for the sheer shock, while walking on my bare knees. I proceed to hand-shovel all of the snow off of my driveway in no more than 14 seconds while I use my jawbone to butcher the apex predators I took with a dull spear in Tanzania. Did I mention the driveway is 3 miles long? This is after I run blindfolded and backwards down the mountain, not only barefoot, but with cotton between my toes via the 2 a.m. nail painting I did after 5 weeks of sleep deprivation, but not before I do 300 pushups...with just the thumb and index finger. This can only be achieved while I verbally recite 34 pages out of a book of my choice in the endangered language of Gaelic, but only if I am simultaneously 8 strong minutes into oxygen deprivation. Speaking of, while I was in the "death zone" on Mount Everest, I never felt more alive. Everest Schmeverest... I am Queen Turkey. There is no ocean too deep, no mountain too high. Oh, gotta go. NASA is calling.

Andy C

Shoveling and blowing snow and barefootedness? Pft. On a rest day, I soak myself in hot water, then I go out in a negative 20 degree Fahrenheit climate for the sheer shock, while walking on my bare knees. I proceed to hand-shovel all of the snow off of my driveway in no more than 14 seconds while I use my jawbone to butcher the apex predators I took with a dull spear in Tanzania. Did I mention the driveway is 3 miles long? This is after I run blindfolded and backwards down the mountain, not only barefoot, but with cotton between my toes via the 2 a.m. nail painting I did after 5 weeks of sleep deprivation, but not before I do 300 pushups...with just the thumb and index finger. This can only be achieved while I verbally recite 34 pages out of a book of my choice in the endangered language of Gaelic, but only if I am simultaneously 8 strong minutes into oxygen deprivation. Speaking of, while I was in the "death zone" on Mount Everest, I never felt more alive. Everest Schmeverest... I am Queen Turkey. There is no ocean too deep, no mountain too high. Oh, gotta go. NASA is calling.
Wow, total coincidence that our day was the exact same….:rolleyes::biggrin

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
:bee:bee:beeToday, I went to McDonald's for breakfast Jeff 3 pancakes with sausage, and hash browns. Janice 2 breakfast burritos and hash browns. I had a 10:00 appointment to check on my blood pressure which is good. My doctor put me on a different pill last month so she wanted to see how it was working out. It seems to be doing better for me. Then we did our weekly grocery shopping, got cat litter, and dish soap at Family Dollar. Also, went to Dollar Tree picked up a birthday card for a friend Linda whose birthday is Monday, 3 cans of cat food, and wintergreen mints. Sometimes, it feels good just to be able to stay home without the run around!

Eastxn

Nursing an injured foot. Take my advice folks. Never chop wood while wearing flip flops. I knew the blade was dangerous but I had it under control. But it never occurred to me that the wood itself could be dangerous also. I was chopping logs into smaller splits for the smoker pit and a wood chunk flew out and ripped a big gash on top of my big toe. I had to get several stitches and miss work this week because I can't put on my work boots.

Leigh

Nursing an injured foot. Take my advice folks. Never chop wood while wearing flip flops. I knew the blade was dangerous but I had it under control. But it never occurred to me that the wood itself could be dangerous also. I was chopping logs into smaller splits for the smoker pit and a wood chunk flew out and ripped a big gash on top of my big toe. I had to get several stitches and miss work this week because I can't put on my work boots.
Oh my goodness that sounds terrible! o_O Saying a prayer right now for your foot to heal! :pray

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

Do you prefer to throw yourself in a snowbank, ice water bath, or cutting a hole in the ice and jumping in the river after the hot tub?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
At 25 deg I'm wearing a layer of lycra, a one piece suit over that, ear warmers and gloves/mittens. I'm a wimp compared to @Ghoti Ichthus. My sweet spot when I just wear shorts and a top is 50 deg. Once it hits 45 deg I have to start adding things to stay warm. I guess I don't run fast enough to stay warm on my own...

I have an extra layer of fat cut I'm a woman :biggrin

athenasius

Quiet day resting after the granddaughter visit yesterday, then after dinner our son in law showed up unexpectedly with 3 nice chickens. I popped 2 in the freezer and the other is dinner tomorrow night. They raise meat birds as well as egg layers for eggs on their farm plus turkeys and sheep. @Jonathan I'm sorry you've experienced a loss and may God give you comfort brother.

Lynn

Longing for Home
I personally dont like saunas near as much as soaking in hot tubs, and my wife would not use it.
Andy, I think that staying in hot tub or sauna for very long can increase one's blood pressure. We travel occasionally and stay in a hotel chain that always has a hot tub. We don't ever use it since we both have hypertension, though it's controlled by Rx.

bluejeanblogger

I have the prequel and read that. It was well written. Unfortunately the series is not available through my library... :(
It's a great series to read AND a great series to share with non-Christians who like lots of fiction including rapture fiction - because the gospel is shared along with other Scriptures AND happily - book 7 is now available for pre-order for only $2.99 - due out in December - if the Lord tarries :) I've bought them all on Kindle for cost savings - but am sending regular books to my loved ones :)