What Did You Do Today?

Leigh

I went outside and collected my daily quota of mosquito bites. Didn't even have time to close the door before I had to come back inside.
I SO understand what you mean. I've been covered in mosquito bites all summer, but they never touch my husband. :rolleyes:

Well we took a little trip this weekend, searching [unsuccessfully] for cooler weather. We left early Saturday morning and drove up to the Hendersonville & Flat Rock, NC area. The temp was lower there than in Columbia, but with 70% humidity it was still pretty miserable. We tried visiting some waterfalls but apparently everybody else was trying to escape the heat and it was so packed with people we'd have had to park too far away.

Saturday afternoon we returned to SC and stayed overnight in Greenville. Our younger son met us at Kairos Greek Kitchen for supper (he lives in Clemson) then we 3 went downtown and walked around the Reedy River Park... that beautiful park I mentioned earlier that's NOT built by a chicken plant. ;)

John and I went back into downtown Greenville this morning and took a leisurely stroll down Main Street before returning home this afternoon. We'd move to Greenville if we could. It really is a beautiful city, and very close to the mountains!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Went for a 6 mile run. Ordered an office chair via the web and then went to Office Max to pick it up. They had it waiting for me. Did a little shopping then I came home. Put the chair together except there's one bolt that wouldn't thread. I suspect the threading on the plastic embedded in one of the seat cushions either wasn't threaded or is must messed up. That 15 minute job cost me a couple of hours trying to get that one bolt to thread. I even tried finishing it with an impact drill... didn't work. That's some tough plastic. I'll have to purchase a self tapping screw/bolt that's about the same size as the one that came with the chair, and then we'll see if I can make it good. It's too late to take a nap and I need one...

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Groceries and three VA appointments. Can't visit Mom today because someone got [unmentionable sickness]. All the employees and residents are getting tested tomorrow and we'll find out after 5 or 6 tomorrow night what visitation status is for each floor :fuirous :rant :mad :frust :cry Fortunately, Dad can still go under compassionate care because Mom won't/doesn't/refuses to eat because of the dementia unless he's there, so she'd actually die if he doesn't go. Truly one flesh . . . she can't physically, emotionally, or spiritually live without him . . . and he can't live without her, either.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

RobinB

Groceries and three VA appointments. Can't visit Mom today because someone got [unmentionable sickness]. All the employees and residents are getting tested tomorrow and we'll find out after 5 or 6 tomorrow night what visitation status is for each floor :fuirous :rant :mad :frust :cry Fortunately, Dad can still go under compassionate care because Mom won't/doesn't/refuses to eat because of the dementia unless he's there, so she'd actually die if he doesn't go. Truly one flesh . . . she can't physically, emotionally, or spiritually live without him . . . and he can't live without her, either.

Really wasn't sure which emoji fits that post. Praying for them.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Got a haircut.

:dance2 Found out I'm on the list for compassionate care visits for Mom :dance2

:dance2 So tonight, after putting on a gown, face shield, mask, and gloves, I got to visit Mom :dance2 Watered the plants in her room, fixed her TV (the cable was messed up), read Luke Chapter 5 (KJV) to her, and we sang Jesus Loves Me and prayed Now I lay me down to sleep. Left her TV on with the fat guys throwing the shot put :smile

:bouncies :bouncies :bouncies :bouncies :bouncies :bouncies :bouncies

:thankyou JESUS!!! :thankyou

:cloud9 sleep well, Mommy :cloud9

Please watch over her, Jesus

Leigh

Just finishing up work for today-- had an excellent annual review and got a raise. :cheer :cheer :cheer
Congratulations Robin!! I know you work hard and deserve the raise and excellent review!
Also, my stepson and his wife stopped by and we were talking about how crazy the world is now, and he agreed to read some articles I will send him (from here.) :cheer
Saying a prayer right now for them!

Leigh

Cut brush this morning and mowed this afternoon. Then showered twice with Dawn fish detergent to try to eliminate any poison oak I may have gotten from each.
Fixed it for ya :lol
LOL. It's 5:45 am and I've been awake since about 3 am. I'm so tired that when I read Dawn fish detergent I didn't even realize that it was a typo... I sat here thinking, "What in the world is Dawn FISH detergent?!? I've never seen that in the stores around here." :lol

Got a haircut.

:dance2 Found out I'm on the list for compassionate care visits for Mom :dance2

:dance2 So tonight, after putting on a gown, face shield, mask, and gloves, I got to visit Mom :dance2 Watered the plants in her room, fixed her TV (the cable was messed up), read Luke Chapter 5 (KJV) to her, and we sang Jesus Loves Me and prayed Now I lay me down to sleep. Left her TV on with the fat guys throwing the shot put :smile

Please watch over her, Jesus

So thankful you got to go in and give your daily dose of TLC. Your mother is blessed to have you! :hug

Leigh

Well it's been kind of a busy few days. We've been getting our house painted and it's taken all week and they still have a little more to do this morning. The house is brick but a lot of the wood trim needed replacing, and they have to brush the paint on, so the work takes awhile.

Our younger son came home Tuesday night and I took my first ever (that I can remember) ride in a convertible!! He has started flipping cars in his spare time. He buys old, run-down cars and fixes them up to resell, so he'd bought this older convertible and drove it home and took me for a ride that night. It was SO MUCH FUN!!!

Before we left the house he handed me my puffy winter coat, saying, "You might need this." Well... seeing as how it's summertime in SC I said, "What are you talking about?" It had rained and cooled off a little that day, but still. I didn't even realize the car was a convertible until I got out there and he'd put the top down. Soon as we started up the road... he was right! I bundled up in that coat and it felt good too! :p