What Did You Do Today?

Leigh

My older son went down to the local Riverwalk yesterday to relax. Somebody there had some 6 week old pit bull/husky mix puppies splashing in the water, acting cute as puppies tend to do. Turns out the puppies were for sale. Guess who bought one?

He already has a 3 year old pit bull that he brings to our house every day while he's at work, SO my husband is less than thrilled and says we won't be taking any responsibility for this new one.

NOW, my son says the puppy is on a trial basis. If puppy doesn't work out with Nala (3 year old), he has a friend who has already agreed to take her, so this is more like a fostering situation.

He brought her over tonight and I got to see her. She is adorable.

chaser

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Took my 4 mile walk, had to stop at a couple stores on the way home. Put a small chuck roast in the oven at 9:30am that will slow cook at low temp and should be perfect at 3:45pm for dinner's shredded beef sandwiches. Watched a live video from America's Front Line Doctors in the state of Texas on the covid battle , it's very informative!

ChildofLight

Went for a ride this morning. This afternoon I mowed some pasture with a riding mower. As I was mowing, for some reason my mind thought of our house. When my dad had the house built he wanted it facing south but it faces southwest. The builder said it need to line up with the fences. Another reason I’m directionally challenged. I think all corners of a building are facing the 4 directions. It suddenly came to me I should call the farm Catawampus Homestead. One of my mother’s favorite words was catawampus. And it describes my farm and buildings perfectly. LOL

Cloud Watcher

Went to the library to pick up some books on hold. First time I have been inside the building since Inslee shut down the state last year. They have had curbside service for awhile, where you schedule ahead and the books are outside in a paper bag waiting to be picked up. They have slowly been opening the county library branches for inside use. Yay!

One the way back I stopped at the grocery store.

This afternoon I put together a new puzzle. I will probably contact Amazon tomorrow to send it back. Although the picture on the box is what I ordered, the pieces inside the box were for a different puzzle entirely. What a pain that was! The mistake was by whoever was loading the pieces in the box at the manufacturing site.

Leigh

Does your family live in San Antonio, or in a different city that has a local riverwalk?
Sorry, Leigh. After I posted this, I realize now that you live in SE US. I'm sure that where you live there are beautiful Riverwalks in surrounding areas.

Right!

We're in Columbia, SC. My husband says it's the only place dumb enough to build - not a beautiful shopping/dining area along the banks of the river running through town - but a chicken plant. :doh

(Technically it's in West Columbia. The chicken plant AND the Riverwalk.)

Leigh

The chicken plant has been there for many many years, but hubby believes the City could've/should've relocated the plant and really made the area into something special to attract visitors to the city.

Upstate, Greenville did that to the Reedy River and they now have a beautiful area that is always packed full of people & bringing revenue to the city.

Cloud Watcher

Might be kind of fun to put together a mystery puzzle...

Not really. Quite frustrating. I am just relieved it was only a 300 piece puzzle, not 1000. And by the time I got it together I realized it was an Alan Giana puzzle...my favorite puzzle artist. Maybe I should keep it, just tape a note to the box to remind myself that the pieces don't match the picture on the box.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Right!

We're in Columbia, SC. My husband says it's the only place dumb enough to build - not a beautiful shopping/dining area along the banks of the river running through town - but a chicken plant. :doh

(Technically it's in West Columbia. The chicken plant AND the Riverwalk.)

Bet those restaurants buy chicken. Hopefully from the nearby chicken plant (or its distributors :smile

Leigh

Bet those restaurants buy chicken. Hopefully from the nearby chicken plant (or its distributors :smile
True, true.... we're not anti-chicken processing, goodness knows I eat my share. :biggrin

They're trying to revitalize that part of town and it's actually coming along nicely. But a chicken plant doesn't add to the ambiance, at least not in a good way!:p

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Tried to fight the IRS today (yesterday), but not only can I not get anywhere with the IRS, the Taxpayer Advocate phones aren't being answered due to being overwhelmed, so to get an appointment to ask for assistance, I have to fill out and submit a form asking for assistance :furious :rant :mad :frust

On the 28th, the identity theft and delay in my refund cost me another $26.25 :tappingfoot

The local CBS TV station did a story about Federal refund delay on Wednesday.

Why Are Federal Tax Refunds Delayed? And What Can You Do About It?​

"MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — We’re two months since the deadline for filing taxes and still millions of Americans are waiting on their money. Even people who filed six months ago.
It’s led to one of the most popular emails we receive each week. Why are federal tax refunds delayed? And what can those waiting do about it? Good Question. Our Jeff Wagner learned the answer is not what people want to hear."

"As of July 17, the IRS stated there were still 15.6 million unprocessed individual returns."

"What’s leading to this backlog?
“I would say primarily it’s the COVID situation,” said M.P. Singh, CPA and partner at Prudent Accountants in Minneapolis.
He said the issues with the IRS started last year when the pandemic hit during the 2020 filing season.
“It took more than 90 days to simply put in the systems in place so [IRS staff] could work remotely,” he said.
IRS staff that typically worked on tax returns then had to focus on the three rounds of stimulus payments.
Their other tasks this season included handling millions of refunds for earned income tax credits and the new Child Tax Credit.
“It’s unprecedented. We have not seen this before,” said Singh."

More
https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021...refunds-delayed-and-what-can-you-do-about-it/

:pray :pray :amen :amen