What Did You Do Today?

Leigh

After my Arby's lunch today I went by TJ Maxx and Target to pick up a few things. During that time frame my husband had met friends from his previous workplace for lunch, then he had an appointment to get his tires rotated.

While I was in Target he texted me that it was going to be 1-1.5 hour wait for his car, so I replied that I was at Target and did he want me to come pick him up? "Sure!" he said. So I drove up the road to Sam's Club and texted him that I was there... waited... circled the parking lot... he texted back, "I'm outside, where are you??" and I said "In the parking lot looking for you."

Well. He was at Costco and not Sam's. :rolleyes: And of course he had told me where he was going to be (several days ago - not today). :doh

So, he ended up just staying there to wait for his car, because I had to run by the grocery store and get back home.

I got two glass soap dispensers - one for dish soap & one for hand soap - at TJ Maxx and am just thrilled to pieces about it!

:)

RobinB

Watching "Support Your Local Sheriff". When I was a kid I had a huge crush on James Garner.

Loved James!!!! Especially Rockford Files.

We played 18 holes of golf today up in PA-- it's the only day we're going to have for a whole week under 90 degrees. So tired. Get this, we were matched up with 2 younger guys, around 40, who drank beer the ENTIRE TIME. Can after can after can. And still played well. :rolleyes:

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Went to a used bookstore looking for KJV. None. A few NIV and ESV and Catholic ones. Guess everyone's hanging onto their King James :smile Some pretty good Christian books, and a b'zillion paperbacks. Best of all, alphabetized on the shelves and computer inventoried, so stuff can be found :dance2

This bookstore has been around since I was a kid, but I had never gone in before. I'll be back . . . :lol

Cloud Watcher

Went to a used bookstore looking for KJV. None. A few NIV and ESV and Catholic ones. Guess everyone's hanging onto their King James :smile Some pretty good Christian books, and a b'zillion paperbacks. Best of all, alphabetized on the shelves and computer inventoried, so stuff can be found :dance2

This bookstore has been around since I was a kid, but I had never gone in before. I'll be back . . . :lol

I love book stores. I can spend hours in them. There are too few around anymore. I miss Borders.

Misty S

Hubbs has taught me over a period of two or so days how to range find with a Mil-Dot reticle. We used a laser rangefinder against our estimated Mil-Dot distances and it was definitely in the ballpark. Chalk that up to the 347th thing that I never thought I'd do.

Leigh

My co-worker needed the day off so I worked in his place, and he'll work one of my days next week. Saturdays at work are usually fairly quiet, at least the phone doesn't ring like it does during the week.

Came home from work & rested, John cooked our supper, then we walked down the street to the lake as the sun was setting. Our older son was here so he and his dog walked with us and they jumped into the lake and swam a few laps.

RobinB

Loved James!!!! Especially Rockford Files.

We played 18 holes of golf today up in PA-- it's the only day we're going to have for a whole week under 90 degrees. So tired. Get this, we were matched up with 2 younger guys, around 40, who drank beer the ENTIRE TIME. Can after can after can. And still played well. :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention-- one of the drinkee guys was a respiratory therapist-- who smoked through the whole round! :confused:

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Well today was kinda a bummer for me :( we were supposed to go to. Horse show/playday thing do I got up early got everything ready got dressed took care of chores got ready to walk out the door it started pouring and thy cancelled it so they will be rescheduleing it.
Sorry, to hear your event was cancelled, and hope they reschedule it soon. We got rain this morning, but after the hot day we had yesterday it was a welcome relief. A funny thing did happen though. I had to go to the restroom, and I could hear rain. So we went outside and gathered the 2 petunia pots, 1 geranium pot, and Jeff took the flag off the flagpole. Nothing like going outside doing this at 6:00 in the morning. Then again we wasn't going anywhere today. It has been nice just relaxing. I like those days when you can be still, and not run around!

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Went to church by myself because the dog was too dirty, wet, smelly, and disgusting to crosss the carpet, put in my car, or take to Jesus' House.

Watered Mom's plants and prayed and sang Jesus Loves Me with her, and read Psalm 23 and part of Matthew to her.

Cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned the dog and the mess the dog made. And cursed and yelled at her :cry
Didn't get much sleep :mad

Forgot the avocado for Dad's salad, so had to get one.

Waiting for dinner to heat up.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
We went to pay our utility bill which covers water, sewer, and electric all on one bill. They had to give us an adjusted bill because it was $195.97 too much. The meter reader failed to do his job. We sent a photo of our meter which proved he estimated the bill not an actual reading. Then we went to Taco Bell for lunch.

Andy C

Ran 6 miles, walked the dog 3 miles, went to the store with my 8 year old granddaughter and bought her a few things, went to the trampoline center for 2 hours with her, and got us each a ice cream cone from Baskin Robins on the way home - first ice cream for me in a long time, and I had Gold Medal Ribbon. My daughter will be here in a few to pick her up, then poppa will be useless the rest of the night….:snoopy

chaser

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Started my 4 mile walk at 7:30am and finished at 8:40am. Went home and reset a mole trap that had been tripped but seemed to be a false alarm or very near miss. Stripped old paint off back porch and steps then painted it. Had some lunch, then finished some painting on the front porch.