What can one do but pray

Lovin Jesus

I was hearing alot of loud crying and screams. At first my instinctive reaction was to listen more closely to determine where it was coming from. The intermittent crying and screaming came with moments of silence. I carefully looked through the blinds outside but saw nothing. I prayed then opened the door to look with my phone in hand ready to call 9-1-1 if I felt I needed to. I slowly stepped outside and right in front attached toy room is a beauty salon. It's closed today. On the steps to the salon is a young woman maybe early 20's sitting there crying and screaming. I slowly and carefully looked around as I walked towards her. I asked of she's ok does she need something. Oh my goodness the woman yelled ate to leave her alone and I told her I just wanted to know if she needs something and she told me to go ahead and call the police but I told her I was just checking to see if she's ok and if she needs something. She acted like I did something wrong and was yelling at me to leave and leave her alone. Ok. I slowly back away to go back inside. I shut the door and prayed for her. It appeared she's homeless by the belongings she had with her. It's sad and it's like this everywhere in my city with countless homeless people. She's not the first homeless person to camp out on the porch of the salon attached to my room. What else can I do but pray for her situation. She wouldn't give me the opportunity to just talk to her so I could at least share the gospel with her. I could've gotten attacked by her if I hadn't left her alone as she shouted at me and not friendly at all. I prayed for her and for all the homeless and lost to find Jesus and have hope.

penbrat

You praying that is the best thing you could have done for her. And you planted a seed. Maybe she won't realize it today because she is obviously going through something terrible. But one day she will remember that you cared enough to try to help her. God will water the seed you planted.

Lovin Jesus

I noticed she's gone but her wallet and some papers were still on the porch. I walked to the front looked around and she's nowhere in sight. I got closer to her papers and they are emergency room paperwork with listed prescriptions of a respiratory medication and pain medicine. It did have homeless for her address. So sad. I left her things there and didn't want to touch them. No use to call police non emergency number about what she left because they won't show up. I pray she gets help because it seems she's sick to have those ER papers with prescriptions she was given.

Lovin Jesus

Prayers is the only thing we can do for people when people don't want help.

Where you able to find a place to stay sis?
Yes. Thank you for asking. As a matter of fact today after seeing this young lady I prayed for her. I prayed for all the homeless. I told the Lord that I am thankful that He always takes care of me and my needs. I said to Him that I was there, like her, for a short time, but I had more than most of them have, I was homeless but I had Jesus Christ in my life. That made all the difference. I had everything by having Him. I had that brief time that the Lord allowed me to experience that I utilized to hand out tracts and talk to a few about Jesus. It made my trust and dependence on God grow, and I may not be in my place of choice right now but God has me here for a reason and I am Blessed. Sorry for going on and on but God's been so good to me I couldn't keep it to myself. Yes, all we can do for people who don't want help is pray for them. I don't know where she went but I pray she will be safe and she will seek Jesus who will transform her life if she accepts him.

Kerbluey

Yes. Thank you for asking. As a matter of fact today after seeing this young lady I prayed for her. I prayed for all the homeless. I told the Lord that I am thankful that He always takes care of me and my needs. I said to Him that I was there, like her, for a short time, but I had more than most of them have, I was homeless but I had Jesus Christ in my life. That made all the difference. I had everything by having Him. I had that brief time that the Lord allowed me to experience that I utilized to hand out tracts and talk to a few about Jesus. It made my trust and dependence on God grow, and I may not be in my place of choice right now but God has me here for a reason and I am Blessed. Sorry for going on and on but God's been so good to me I couldn't keep it to myself. Yes, all we can do for people who don't want help is pray for them. I don't know where she went but I pray she will be safe and she will seek Jesus who will transform her life if she accepts him.

Rose, you truly are an amazing inspiration! Along with Corrie ten Boom you’re the other person I want to meet in heaven.