What Book of the Bible Are You In Now and What Are You Getting Out of It?

Annie

Be A Berean!
I have been reading Revelation (again) but we listen to our online bible daily and my DH likes to fall asleep to it.... it's the KVJ of the old and new testaments narrated by Stephen Johnston

Walk Softly

I am going over Ezekiel yet again, trying to grasp the last remaining fulfillment of his prophesies that has taken place since Israel became a nation.

AnewcreationinJesus

Soon and very soon ....
Daniel - me and Mum phone Bible study ...can't wait to get to the big chapters towards the end where Daniel is shown the coming kingdoms re King of North, King of South etc ....doing Andy Woods notes and occasionally bringing in the likes of Arnold Fruchtenbaum.

....Mum doesn't have Internet access but she does have a big through the Bible book by Pawson (though have warned her he is post trib so he will interpret Bible prophecy passages through that filter) and Strongs. ....so between my Woods notes, her Pawson and Strings daft phone
...sorry Strongs!!!!! stuff and anything else we kinda chime in with our own observations, the studies are very encouraging to both me and her :)

ChildofLight

It's a fantastic section of scripture but doesn't necessarily adapt well to contemporary dialogue in young relationships. When I was dating my wife I thought it would be a fun idea to throw some SoS quotes at her...ya' know, for romance's sake (chaste romance to be clear).

My initial intentions were very serious and intended to score me some bonus points on the Romeo scale. In actuality it ended being something that fell apart faster than a battle plan upon first engagement, something that ended in laughter, lots of blushing and that to this day still gets us laughing. For example;

"Hon, as I gaze at you, I see your beauty...your neck is like a tower of uhhhh... yeah, something tower-ish, um tall and thin, not concrete or brick, it ain't leaning, but nice...and your hair reminds me of goats on the mountains, a whole flock of them springing down, not out of control like a stampede or anything but black, yeah, black goats, clean and everything not filthy dirty and smelling all goat-nasty like the ones the neighbor has...and your cheeks are like palmagranisomethings, but the good part not that nasty bitter crunchy outside but the sweet gobs of the red sticky seed pods from the inside that stain your fingers and are soooooooooo fristrating to get at...oh and there's something about shiny shields and the way you look but that comparison kinda-sorta escapes me right now but it was good, oh and I'll leave the whole fountain thing alone right now....ummmm, oops shouldn't have brought that up... Well anyway you're pretty, really pretty and I like looking at you...

...why are you looking at me that way?"

Okay, I did exaggerate a bit but in reality it wasn't too far from that.
This was the best laugh I’ve had in a long time. Thanks :rofl

cheeky200386

I just finished Numbers and am in Deuteronomy. They are helping me remember that God provides in impossible ways and that he is always faithful and unchanging. Even with Israel falling away time after time, God remembers his covenant with their forefathers and restores them when they cry out to him. When Moses interceded for them and for Aaron, it reminded me of James where it says that the effectual fervrent prayer of the righteous availeth much. It urged me to pray more for my lost loved ones.

I'm always comforted after my reading.

castcrowns

I'm currently studying Revelation.

One of my newest discoveries is how similar the Church and the Tribulation believers will be. And how some of those similar prophecies are often mistaken to be only about the Church.

Here are some examples:

The Parable of the Ten Virgins is related to the Sheep and Goat Judgment.

But both are about the Tribulation survivors, not the Church.

Also, the Virgin parable is related to the Marriage Supper of the Lamb. Those virgins with the trimmed lamps are the righteous gentiles who go into the Kingdom. The others are executed by Jesus at the Sheep and Goat Judgment.

A major clue that the Marriage Supper is during the beginning of the Millennium Kingdom is from Last Supper. Jesus tells the apostles that He will not drink of the Cup until He drinks it new with them in the Kingdom.
The Cup is the Cup of Redemption. All the Redeemed will be in the Kingdom.
Also, when the Last Supper took place, the Church Age had not begun yet.
So Communion will continue after the Rapture with the tribulation believers, and the Passover seder with Israel. Yes, the Church is the Bride of Christ and we will drink the Cup of Redemption filled with new wine in the Kingdom with Jesus. But so will Israel, the OT saints, and the Tribulation saints as the invited guests to the Supper..

YallNeedJesus

I highlighted the entire book of Romans
I’m reading through the New Testament, starting with Matthew and will just continue reading through Revelation. Currently I’m in Luke, and this may seem like a silly thing to get out of the Bible, but when I read through Matthew, it struck me that Jesus had Paul catch a fish, and that fish had the money in its mouth to pay for their temple taxes lol. I don’t know why, but I had never heard of this before!!

Narrow Path

It has actually been awhile since I've studied Revelation. Things get referenced here now and then that I had forgotten. A neighboring church that I would prefer to relocate my family into is one of those that actually preaches on eschatology from time to time and teaches pre-trib. One of the pastors did a 6 sermon series on Revelation that I started watching. After I get through that, I'll probably read the book again.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
I just finished reading Psalms 45 and wondered if that is :

a) One of many songs or declarations of worships we'll be doing with the assembly of angels and believers in front of God
b) It seems to indicate that the Psalm is happening around the Millenial Kingdom time ?

I love reading Psalms where it reveals Jesus or hints that it is him talking and not David

ChildofLight

I’m reading through the New Testament, starting with Matthew and will just continue reading through Revelation. Currently I’m in Luke, and this may seem like a silly thing to get out of the Bible, but when I read through Matthew, it struck me that Jesus had Paul catch a fish, and that fish had the money in its mouth to pay for their temple taxes lol. I don’t know why, but I had never heard of this before!!
Every time I read the Bible I also discover something new that I hadn’t noticed before.

annieforjesus

Today I read Phillipians because I want to learn better to think the way that God wants me to think..I am my own worst enemy when it come to slipping back into negative thinking..I have been on a long drawn out court case trying to get paid for property that I own half of and it seems a simple task, but lawyers and the court have allowed it to go on for over two years..I do trust God to get justice for me, but the attorneys, not so much.

Back