What Book of the Bible Are You In Now and What Are You Getting Out of It?

Eric Nicholas

Just as the title states. I just finished Ecclesiastes (one of my favorites) again. It is a stark reminder to keep your heart and mind about the true Lord and it is a dire warning of this world's proclivity to betray you if it were treated as a god or anything to put your trust in. It really wreaks havoc on the believer to be out of fellowship.

On to Song of Songs or The Song of Solomon.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Just as the title states. I just finished Ecclesiastes (one of my favorites) again. It is a stark reminder to keep your heart and mind about the true Lord and it is a dire warning of this world's proclivity to betray you if it were treated as a god or anything to put your trust in. It really wreaks havoc on the believer to be out of fellowship.

On to Song of Songs or The Song of Solomon.
LOL im sorta through Ecclasiastes as well, i'm having some reflection moments with my life and this book is putting some perspective on some of the things i've had go on in my life.

I'm almost at the end and will probably go back to Psalms

RonJohnSilver

I started in March reading chronologically so now I'm in the early chapters of the gospels. Also, reading a daily devotions from Henry Blackaby which skips around. What I got from church yesterday was an admonition to keep your eyes on the Lord and don't quit. Specifically, if you aren't dead, you aren't done. Amen.

fl2007rn

I read John again last night. I love when Jesus explained salvation to Nicodemus and he had trouble understanding. It is amazing that Nicodemus was a Sanhedrin and a teacher, but yet struggled to get the concept of what Jesus was saying! The Bible does not say whether Nicodemus was saved or not, but I suspect he was because he assisted with giving Jesus a proper burial. I hope to see Nicodemus in Heaven one day.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I'm in Ezekiel. When places are mentioned I do some searching to try and see where they were located in the world. A couple days ago I was researching Put after my reading. Last night I read a promise that God would gather His people back to Israel after dispersing them around the world. That is in the process of fulfillment today.

JSTyler

I'm in Ezekiel. When places are mentioned I do some searching to try and see where they were located in the world. A couple days ago I was researching Put after my reading. Last night I read a promise that God would gather His people back to Israel after dispersing them around the world. That is in the process of fulfillment today.
Okay then. I need you to (and I know you won't mind doing it) to draw a depiction of the of the platform, the creatures and the wheels within wheels for me? :wink2

That is some wild-crazy imagery and I can't wait to see what it looks like.

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
I just finished my first full read-through of the Bible a week or so ago, which I'm really happy about. It took me a good while to do it, so it was nice to reach the end of that journey, so to speak, even though it's not like I'm done reading by any stretch of the imagination.

I started off with the New Testament and read it a couple times before moving to the Old Testament. I have to say, going back through Matthew now, it clicks a lot more than the first time I read it. There are tons "to fulfill ______" referencing prophecy. I don't see how anyone could read about fulfilled prophecy and not be amazed and convinced.

Andy C

In the past, there were various methods I used to my study of the bible. Rarely anymore do I read through an entire Book, but instead, read sections as I think about certain things throughout the day. I have some lingering cognitive issues, and reading an entire book, or more than 10-15 minutes at a time does not work for me. Just like I do with 3 meals a day, I feed on His Word throughout each day.

I enjoy opening the bible, and turn to whatever part I feel Im being led to study. Morning is my usual time, but I dont stick to any set routine. If I fall in to a routine of studying at certain times, then for ME, it becomes more of I have to at this time, vice I want to. Often times articles on this forum, or comments made by members leads me down a trail of solid study.

I tend to read more of Romans than any other book in the Bible, but enjoy all the different books.

Neonap

I'm currently reading Exodus, chapter 17. The mere fact that the Israelites have seen the mighty power of God many times, God's wonderful miracles, and yet they still doubt? Moses had some patience let me tell ya haha.

I think this book contains many lessons, but one of the big ones is that even if God showed Himself to the world, it doesn't mean that the world would still believe or worship Him. Look at Revelation, even the people who know the wrath of God has come, refuse to repent.

The problem is not with God, the problem lies in Mankind's heart. God loves everyone, but not everyone loves God.

greg64

I'm following the "Let's Read the Bible Together" plan on you version with a handful of other guys. It usually jumps back and forth between the old and new testaments, with psalms sprinked about. Today we finished Ezra, and on to Nehemiah tomorrow. In September, the plan is to hit Nehemiah, Esther, 1 and 2 Timothy, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Nahum, Habbakkuk, Zephaniah, Titus, Philemon, James, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi, and assorted Psalms. So lots of prophets and shorter books next month...

Besides reading God's word daily, what I really enjoy are the comments and hearing about what stood out to others from the day's readings, as well as lots of mutual encouragement. And somehow they put up with me turning everything to prophecy and the distinction between Israel and the Church.

Narrow Path

Just finished an on again / off again read and study through of Jeremiah. The take away parallels the teaching that the wide road leads to destruction, but the narrow path leads to a saving faith. The man who pursues, thirsts after righteousness, and communicates that publicly will be shunned, ridiculed and despised. That’s was as true then before the Babylonian conquest of Jerusalem as it is now on social media, or in general conversational situations of everyday life.

The wide road is very wide indeed. Personally, I believe that includes and ensnares a lot of lukewarm, Christian in name only types. Lots of folks will wear some shiny gold chain with a crucifix around their neck, but can’t be bothered to ever defend the faith publicly.

Jeremiah also reinforces the notion of “let those with ears, hear”.

This past Sunday my new pastor mentioned Noah’s ark and I was blown away as a kid, I felt like it was the only story was only ever taught, so as an adult I skipped over it and started reading Joseph’s story to my 8yr old.

I can’t believe how much stuff I missed, like Noah worked on that boat for 80+yrs, that it never rained before the Flood, so when he warned people it just sounded totally crazy to them. Noah had to listen to mockery for so long!! But he kept the faith and was obedient I heard the door weighed several metric tons, and it could only be shut from the outside, leaving God to close it. Then they stayed in the ark 7 days waiting for the rain to start, again listening to the mockery from outside. The pastor said it was a foreshadow to Rapture which I never saw before!

This is a new church for me, so it reignited the flame and led me to google more info on the Flood and watch YouTube’s- hopefully it’s all correct!

I’ve been saved for awhile, but totally committed since 2016, I’ve taken many Bible studies, but for some reason I always skipped over Noah ‍♀️

My nightly reading with my 8yr old is John, we’re in John 8 I believe- she falls asleep most of the time but “faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God” so I’m just praying the seeds take root for His glory

This past Sunday my new pastor mentioned Noah’s ark and I was blown away! as a kid, I felt like it was the only story was only ever taught, so as an adult I skipped over it and started reading Joseph’s story to my 8yr old.

I can’t believe how much stuff I missed, like Noah worked on that boat for 80+yrs, that it never rained before the Flood, so when he warned people it just sounded totally crazy to them. Noah had to listen to mockery for so long!! But he kept the faith and was obedient I heard the door weighed several metric tons, and it could only be shut from the outside, leaving God to close it. Then they stayed in the ark 7 days waiting for the rain to start, again listening to the mockery from outside. The pastor said it was a foreshadow to Rapture which I never saw before!

This is a new church for me, so it reignited the flame and led me to google more info on the Flood and watch YouTube’s- hopefully it’s all correct:)

I’ve been saved for awhile, but totally committed since 2016, I’ve taken many Bible studies, but for some reason I always skipped over Noah ‍:shrug

My nightly reading with my 8yr old is John, we’re in John 8 I believe- she falls asleep most of the time but “faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God” so I’m just praying the seeds take root for His glory :pray

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
I am finishing up Revelation. To me, it solidifies God's sovereignty and that all sin will eventually be met by God's eternal justice. The things unseen are mind-blowing! God's rule over everything is amazing! There is nothing that is done under the sun that God does not know about or have control over. Whether or not we die or we get raptured, Christians have a great everlasting hope despite all the craziness now or in the future.

Back