What bible version or versions do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've read some opinions on different web pages about how the KJV is the most accurate English translation and others contain errors/contradictions etc. I've even come across some who go so far as to say "Jesus would only read KJV" etc.

I have a KJV and NKJV. I like them both alot. I'm considering buying a NASB as I would like one that is in more plain language. I do love the KJV, and it is my primary Bible but sometimes I feel like I waste time because I am constantly forgetting what certain words mean (after reading "hitherto" 100 times i still can't remember what it means!). What do you guys enjoy reading? Are non-KJV English versions worth it?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I like a Bible written in my own language so that rules out the KJV as a primary Bible. I own a copy of the KJV and the NKJV and have several other versions but my main read is the NASB. I personally don't think there is anything special about the KJV other than it being a Bible. It likely has as many or more errors as other versions. Newer releases of some versions remove and/or explain the removal of some verses that are not found in older original documents that have been discovered and studied, which makes those releases more accurate.

Andy C

I like a Bible written in my own language so that rules out the KJV as a primary Bible. I own a copy of the KJV and the NKJV and have several other versions but my main read is the NASB. I personally don't think there is anything special about the KJV other than it being a Bible. It likely has as many or more errors as other versions. Newer releases of some versions remove and/or explain the removal of some verses that are not found in older original documents that have been discovered and studied, which makes those releases more accurate.
100 percent agree. How can I properly study His Word when the old language is hard for ME to follow?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Thats highly debatable as often is the case on this forum!
Yeah, we really do not need another thread on this topic. The OP should do a forums search and read the existing threads on the subject to see what others say in regards the versions they use. But to avoid any more arguments, fights, etc. on the forums over this divisive topic I'm closing this thread.

Thank you for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back