What are your primary hobbies?

anath

I Love the Lord
I love cooking gardening and used to love to play piano but I now have arthritis in my fingers and can no longer play.
I love growing exotic plants and Mike and I will cook anything like eclairs, beignets pralines, fudge and difficult cakes. Sometimes we bomb but gotta start somewhere. I like to draw a little, not real good at it. Mike's dad was an artist in New Orleans so I'm not even in his league.
I love creating things. Like today I made a pretty Christmas centerpiece for the dining room table or buffet. I always make my own Christmas wreaths from live greenery. My first job(16) I worked in a florist so I still use those things I learned to do many years ago

Last edited:

Anewcreationinjesus

Playing piano by ear, reading, long countryside hikes, chess, word games, cooking, attempted gardening and feeding the birds, used to love biking when younger (pushbike not motorbike :)), family tree research (just discovered distant cousin in Australia) as for stuff I'd love to try which is prob another thread lol... I'd love to climb a mountain which is as adventurous as I get :) and am fascinated to see the likes of amity who fly planes.... Totally beyond me!!!

Judy4Jesus

Well I already mentioned long ago with great ridicule and disgust from many but IT IS WHAT IT IS...I watch black heads and zits getting popped on Youtube!! Yes, I quite enjoy that...very relaxing! Not the nasty cysty kind nor the big tumors and such...just nice little pimple/black-white head "pops". I need one of those figit bubble wrap cell phone covers...pop! :heh
I also love going through my family photo collection and digitalizing them.
I do counted cross stitch, I love to do my yard mowing into golf course patterns. I love to make food art for/with my grandkids. I love to watch movies...yes, chic flicks. I love to send and share funny memes & gifs with my son. I love to make iron on bling tshirts in all the brightest colors!! ...ok, I'll stop. :lol
Edited...
Oh wait...I also LOVE to watch and never miss an episode of any and all of the LivePD shows on A&E!! Steve and I both LOVE to watch them...they are like COPS but are LIVE! :D
I know...I'm boring, :lol
But not bored!

Last edited:

Jeff K

I enjoy fishing and boating on lake Erie. I don't go out as much as I did before I was saved, but there is something for me about being out on the water. My son and I took advantage of a rare January 5th day this year to go out and catch some walleye. My wife thinks I'm a bit off my rocker, but I enjoy it.

Cindy S.

I'm learning more about you all, but always get surprised to learn what others have for hobbies. What do you spend the majority of your non-biblical time on (That you enjoy)?
Knitting, shopping, a good float in my kayak, photography. If only I could afford horses....
I love decorating the house, have a "thing" for lamps. I have a neglected rose garden, grandkids occupy all of my free time these days. Love road trips, taking side roads trying to get lost but end up finding lakes, awesome barns for photo ops. Going to small towns to have lunch at the local cafe. Coffee shops with good music. Riding on the back of DH Harley but it has to be a hot day.
I ordered Terry James book, Glimpses of Heaven yesterday.

Last edited:

Cindy S.

Well I already mentioned long ago with great ridicule and disgust from many but IT IS WHAT IT IS...I watch black heads and zits getting popped on Youtube!! Yes, I quite enjoy that...very relaxing! Not the nasty cysty kind nor the big tumors and such...just nice little pimple/black-white head "pops". I need one of those figit bubble wrap cell phone covers...pop! :heh
I also love going through my family photo collection and digitalizing them.
I do counted cross stitch, I love to do my yard mowing into golf course patterns. I love to make food art for/with my grandkids. I love to watch movies...yes, chic flicks. I love to send and share funny memes & gifs with my son. I love to make iron on bling tshirts in all the brightest colors!! ...ok, I'll stop. :lol
Edited...
Oh wait...I also LOVE to watch and never miss an episode of any and all of the LivePD shows on A&E!! Steve and I both LOVE to watch them...they are like COPS but are LIVE! :D
I know...I'm boring, :lol
But not bored!
hahahahaha

TheRedeemed

I am very fortunate in that my main hobby from years ago was learning to program computers, just for fun and to see what I could achieve as I already had a full time job in retailing. I left school at 15 and went straight to work so no university or college education on the subject, that's why I considered it a hobby.

I loved my programming though and spent every spare minute doing it, to the extent that I lost out on the social scene in my early 20's as any free time I had I was diving in to learn more and enjoying the challenge.

Today I do it for a living and have been doing so for over 30 years, and it sill feels like a hobby and not a job!

My other passion is music, and in fact this goes even further back than the computers as they weren't around in my childhood, only the govt and the military had them when I was a child.

I can usually bang a tune out on any instrument, even a hose pipe attached to a teapot I would have a go as I play by ear. I only read a little of the actual sheet music. Main instruments are any kind of keyboard, piano, organ etc., followed by guitar.

Given the choice and since I turned my computer life into my working one, I would give all of that up at my age even to play in a serious band or do a big live concert.

So essentially music is my first love and that's where I would like to spend most of my spare time these days, I'm sure the neighbours appreciate my 3 hour sets every night too :p

chaser

I enjoy the outdoors, watching animals and birds, Mary and I love watching shows on deer, elk or big bears, Big bears really get Mary's attention, her favorite movie is The Edge and I agree it is a good one. I have always been a hunter and fisherman/outdoorsman but now I only fish a couple times a year and do not hunt much, but still enjoy shooting sports like shooting clays with shotgun, long range rifle at targets and some pistol shooting. I like to read online but am limited on time, I can't get comfortable to read no matter how I place my laptop it gets overheated and have had to replace the fan once and it is pricey, so I get online here off and on during the day when I can. I like taking care of my landscaping plants/flowers etc in the back yard, it is like a little oasis when you walk back through the gate into it. The yard was just heavy overgrowth and woods, in 20 years we have transformed it and still have woods next to us that turkeys and deer pass through regularly. We get many kinds of birds that sit on top of our cone flowers and pull the seeds from the flower heads, next year I plan to take some pics of them, some have brilliant yellow & black colorings. I try to stay active but with stenosis in neck and back/ degenerative discs, missing discs it is difficult to do much, and I move pretty slow, but it is what it is, I still enjoy every minute, but looking UP continually :rapture

Last edited:

Salluz

I have a lot of things I want to do but I'm not good at. There's a keyboard and a guitar sitting in my room at home that I could never teach myself to play. I've wanted to get into things like drawing or woodworking or blacksmithing but the initial skill jump to the point where I can go from not knowing anything to vaguely knowing how to do somethings has been too high historically. Same with working out. I still hope that one of these days I'll have a breakthrough and actually get past the point where I can keep going. I'm thinking maybe lessons would be helpful, but they're so expensive

OnlyHim

Music. I come from a long line of professional musicians in my family. My uncle in particular was probably one of the top 10 best trumpet players in the world at the time and I studied with him in between his busy road schedule. (He played with everybody and was even offered Doc Severinsen's job as the band leader on the Tonight Show when Doc retired!) When I graduated high school most people thought I would go on to play professionally, but I went to school for architecture and came out a city planner! Now I own a technology company....not sure how all that came about but here I am. I still play (trumpet) in a competition British brass band that is made up of retired philharmonic pros and music educators. I cannot imagine having a life without being involved in music.

Anewcreationinjesus

It's like the time seems so short even as we do things we enjoy here...

Will be fascinating to all meet post rapture and share our hobbies in the MK..... :)

Would be awesome to have a RF music gang :) Will be awesome to hear music as it's always meant to have been in worship to God..... And maybe as a player by ear mainly, my sight reading may improve in the promised glorified body....

Last edited:

kathymendel

When I was a younger woman, tent camping was always a big thing and the only way e could afford family vacations at the time. I stopped when I turned sixty-five..........too hard - both the work and the ground! At seventy-two, I bought a 16' travel trailer and my daughter and I take it out quite a bit. But, we stay in RV parks.......

I also dabbled at gardening, decorating, and spent tons of time entertaining in our home...........parties, dinners, picnics out.......... our friends really profited from those days. Now, it seems people don't do that anymore, so I've given it up big-time. Just a little here and there with special friends. I read a lot, am on the forum a lot, enjoy my backyard and my hummingbirds. Go out for a nice dinner once in a while. Can't walk or stand much any more, so I'm curtailed in that area, which is very limiting. Like catching a movie once in a while if it is clean and uplifting or funny. Those are hard to find...................... So, life is pretty laid-back and simple now. And, kinda boring...........

ETA: forgot about my crossword puzzles, and, words with friends online with my daughter!

Last edited:

Work4Peanuts

I have a lot of things I want to do but I'm not good at. There's a keyboard and a guitar sitting in my room at home that I could never teach myself to play. I've wanted to get into things like drawing or woodworking or blacksmithing but the initial skill jump to the point where I can go from not knowing anything to vaguely knowing how to do somethings has been too high historically. Same with working out. I still hope that one of these days I'll have a breakthrough and actually get past the point where I can keep going. I'm thinking maybe lessons would be helpful, but they're so expensive
I've been enjoying the "Learn and Master" series for learning guitar. It's a little pricey, but cheaper than a live weekly lesson. It might help you get over that hump.

JoyJoyJoy

I started piano lessons as an adult. Took a few years then had to stop due to arthritis. Now, a few years later, I am starting to play again. I really love it. If I can tolerate it, I will take lessons again.
My main love is my yard. I love working outside with my flowers.
I also enjoy reading (love my Kindle..so much easier on my hands than a book).

Salluz

I started piano lessons as an adult. Took a few years then had to stop due to arthritis. Now, a few years later, I am starting to play again. I really love it. If I can tolerate it, I will take lessons again.
My main love is my yard. I love working outside with my flowers.
I also enjoy reading (love my Kindle..so much easier on my hands than a book).
The only thing that kindle can't recreate is the smell of an old book and the feeling of turning paper over. Am I weird for liking the smell of really old books? :lol