what are believers doing now in heaven??

so-blessed

We've had some very strange comments from believers we've known for years, since my dad & DH's mum went home to be with the Lord. Most we have just ignored - such as ones who have said we cannot know for sure when a believer dies, they go straight to be with the Lord :doh:
However, would you be able to provide any scriptural evidence for what our departed loved ones, who died in Christ, are doing right now. Sorry if asking you is the lazy way, but I just don't have the energy to search myself at the moment. I always understood that they are worshipping the Lord continuously?

iSong6:3

I'm not aware of any verses that indicate that. For example, Jesus told the thief on the cross that that day he would *be with Him* in paradise, but again, no mention of what that specifically meant.

I only imagine though, wouldn't we just want to worship the Lord when we get there? \ 0 / And probably see family and loved ones, even the larger redeemed family of God and loved ones whom we first meet then? And since there's no time there as here, we'll get to do it all!!

so-blessed

I guess, sis, what I'd heard is one of those ideas that seem right, but cannot be supported in scripture. I think 2 Corinthians 5:8 is all we need...absent from the body, present with the Lord. But I still wonder just what they are experiencing...oh what joy, peace & perfection.

Jesus said we can't even imagine...so maybe He doesn't try to explain, because our human words would be far too small, as well as our current inability to grasp it? :hug

Lojt

We also have to remember 'Earth time' is a convention of man. Time in Heaven is completely different than here. It could very well be it seems to them like they just got to Heaven even though it's been many years here for us.

moosejive

Jesus said we can't even imagine...so maybe He doesn't try to explain, because our human words would be far too small, as well as our current inability to grasp it? :hug

AMEN! Dear sister, :hug, everyday away is getting harder and harder to get through anymore. My favorite pastor was leading a Bible my daughter is in and spoke of being in God's presence briefly after a very serious motorcycle accident . He told them that there was no pain,fear, concerns, just an overwhelming love and feeling of rightness. Now he says he just feels like it isn't the same here, that he really belongs somewhere else, but obviously has some more work to do for The Lord.

So we are truly strangers in a strange land on a journey home...

Lojt - That fascinates me, bro. :thumbup. Or maybe too it can seem like a short time here but like a gloriously *long time* there in bliss like we have no way to even think about here...

AMEN! Dear sister, :hug, everyday away is getting harder and harder to get through anymore. My favorite pastor was leading a Bible my daughter is in and spoke of being in God's presence briefly after a very serious motorcycle accident . He told them that there was no pain,fear, concerns, just an overwhelming love and feeling of rightness. Now he says he just feels like it isn't the same here, that he really belongs somewhere else, but obviously has some more work to do for The Lord.

So we are truly strangers in a strange land on a journey home...

This makes my spirit want to jump out of my skin to be there! I can't wait! :hyper: Thank you. :hug

Back