What Advantage has the Jew?...

Basscat

Jesus said that the Sabbath was made for man and not man for the Sabbath, Jesus never sinned yet He worked on the Sabbath by healing and picking grain on the Sabbath. I believe if we allow scripture that is fulfilled to teach us more accurately how to interpret (understand rightly) scripture that was yet to be fulfilled we can rest assured that there are no contradictions or lies therein.
God bless you Chuck
Albert
PS I love a civil debate with men of scripture...Brother we are, Brothers we remain.
The scriptures say He walked through the corn and His desciples picked the ears not Jesus.
You say what about this or what about that and never giving a position on this subject only to dispute.
It's truly important that Jesus present Himself on the Sabbath in Jerusalem the 10 of Nisan as the Messiah. Otherwise the prophecy in Daniel of the 70 weeks falls short. Traditions are hard to struggle with and I'm finished for the day.
Brothers we are
Chuck

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
The scriptures say He walked through the corn and His desciples picked the ears not Jesus.
You say what about this or what about that and never giving a position on this subject only to dispute.
It's truly important that Jesus present Himself on the Sabbath in Jerusalem the 10 of Nisan as the Messiah. Otherwise the prophecy in Daniel of the 70 weeks falls short. Traditions are hard to struggle with and I'm finished for the day.
Brothers we are
Chuck
I am not saying what about this or that, I am being very, very specific. I am quoting passages that confirm my position as those below...please read instead of becoming upset. You are right that it was Jesus' disciples that plucked the grain.

Thank you Chuck.
God bless
Albert
Please, Please read on....
Matthew 27:57-28:1 New International Version (NIV)
The Burial of Jesus
DAY 1

27:57 As evening approached, there came a rich man from Arimathea, named Joseph, who had himself become a disciple of Jesus. 58 Going to Pilate, he asked for Jesus’ body, and Pilate ordered that it be given to him. 59 Joseph took the body, wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, 60 and placed it in his own new tomb that he had cut out of the rock. He rolled a big stone in front of the entrance to the tomb and went away. 61 Mary Magdalene and the other Mary were sitting there opposite the tomb.
DAY2
62 The next day, the one after Preparation Day, the chief priests and the Pharisees went to Pilate. 63 “Sir,” they said, “we remember that while he was still alive that deceiver said, ‘After three days I will rise again.’ 64 So give the order for the tomb to be made secure until the third day. Otherwise, his disciples may come and steal the body and tell the people that he has been raised from the dead. This last deception will be worse than the first.”
65 “Take a guard,” Pilate answered. “Go, make the tomb as secure as you know how.” 66 So they went and made the tomb secure by putting a seal on the stone and posting the guard.
DAY3
28:1 After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

My Position is that Jesus died and was put in the tomb on Friday and that on Sunday He rose from the dead. It is my position that Jesus' time in the tomb spanned over a 3 day period, but not over 3 whole 24 hour days.
I hope this is clear, but let me know if it is not.

Read also...
Matt.16:21... From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life.

Luke 24:7... ‘The Son of Man must be delivered over to the hands of sinners, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ”

1Cor.15:4...that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

John 2:19... Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.” (in 3 days and not after)

I added the scriptures below because there are many Christians who believe that it points to the resurrection of Jesus.
There is an old testament prophet by the name of Hosea that spoke these words....
Hos.6:1-2
1“Come, let us return to the Lord.
He has torn us to pieces
but he will heal us;
he has injured us
but he will bind up our wounds.
After two days he will revive us;
on the third day he will restore us,
that we may live in his presence.

Last edited:

Steve53

Thursday (day) crucifixion. Jesus is placed in the tomb that afternoon around 3 o'clock.
Friday (night) begins at sundown Thursday.
Friday (day)
Saturday (night) begins at sundown Friday
Saturday (day)
Sunday (night) begins at sundown Saturday
Sunday (day) the tomb is empty sometime before dawn.

Our late Brother Jack, left us his views with two pages of articles here: https://gracethrufaith.com/?s=thursday+crucifixion+

Salluz

Aspiring Man of God
I'd also like to point out that six days before Thursday is not Saturday; it is Friday

Back