What About the Children?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
What About the Children?
By Hal Lindsey

One of the problems with idolatry is that it does not sit still. It grows. Satan always wants more. Eventually, he even demands the children. Deuteronomy 12:31 explains where idol worship leads. “They burn even their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods.” Do you get what that’s saying? Those ancient idol-worshipers burned their own babies alive!

God’s command is firm. In Leviticus 18:21, He said, “You shall not let any of your descendants pass through the fire to Molech.”

In this enlightened 21st century, we would never do anything like that, right? Wrong. We kill kids, too. The difference is that we do it while they are still in the womb.

Until recently, anti-abortion sentiments had been growing in the United States. That may be because improved ultrasounds allow us to look into the faces of the unborn. But in the aftermath of the Supreme Court striking down Roe versus Wade, the tide turned. Marchers, politicians, celebrities, and reporters yelled to women, “They’re taking away your constitutional rights!” And that’s what many of them believed.

I despise it when government encroaches on rights — mine or those of someone else. But abortion was never a constitutional right. The Tenth Amendment to the US Constitution specifically forbids the federal government from taking over areas of law not given to it by the Constitution. And the Constitution does not give the federal government rule over matters such as abortion. It’s one of the many areas that the Constitution leaves up to the states.

But that’s just a legal argument. The abortion issue is more than that. It is moral. It boils down to three questions. Is the fetus alive? Is it a part of the mother like her thumb or her foot? What species is the child?

The unborn child is dependent on the mother, but he or she is not an appendage. The mother’s thumb has the same DNA she has. The unborn is a unique life. His or her DNA is different from the mother’s. If the unborn child were just another part of the mother, then she would have two heads, two hearts, four kidneys, and twenty toes. The unborn is a unique person. The other two answers are even simpler. The unborn baby is alive — and its species is human.

Therefore, abortion kills a unique human being.

If you have ever had an abortion, please don’t feel condemned. If you have turned to Christ, He has completely forgiven you. If you have not, then ask Him and He will forgive. According to Jesus in John 8:36, the person Jesus makes free, is “free indeed.”

Christians and others in the pro-life movement must remember that the answer to abortion is not violence or rage. It is loving persuasion. Listen to what the other side has to say, then present your side with kindness. Be civil. But do not hide from this issue. Tell the truth.

Christians should exhibit the fruit of the Spirit as we attempt to persuade. Galatians 5:22-23 says, “The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.”

https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/what-about-the-children-2/

RobinMc

The schools, the gov't, even the drag queens are coming after the children. It's up to the parents to protect them and teach them the truth about life, about the Bible, about God. If a child has already been taught what gender they are, what the bible says about gender, they have a basis to reject what others tell them. If you send a child to school and let whoever happens to be there teach them all they need to know, it will be very hard for you to re-teach them after the fact.
My biggest regret is that I will never have grandchildren but these days, I may be for the best. If my son and any wife that he may have had could not have home-schooled them, I would have done it. (if they allowed it).
We are living in sad times.

kathymendel

The schools, the gov't, even the drag queens are coming after the children. It's up to the parents to protect them and teach them the truth about life, about the Bible, about God. If a child has already been taught what gender they are, what the bible says about gender, they have a basis to reject what others tell them. If you send a child to school and let whoever happens to be there teach them all they need to know, it will be very hard for you to re-teach them after the fact.
My biggest regret is that I will never have grandchildren but these days, I may be for the best. If my son and any wife that he may have had could not have home-schooled them, I would have done it. (if they allowed it).
Yes, and sadly, it is not only the unborn babies who are being killed. Live children are also being killed by being told they are not who
God created them to be. They will never grow into the adult roles God intended them to fill. It is so terribly sad, and I cannot even begin
to imagine how awful it is for these young people. Parents need to be so vigilant, and many are, but so many are too busy pursuing their
own happiness/selfishness that they let their kids be subjected to so many lies being taught to them. There seems to be no hope of things
getting better...........save our precious Lord Jesus stepping into the fray for us, and for the children. Please come soon dear Lord, to end the
sin and set up your perfect and good kingdom for eternity.

DWB

Hate to say this, but evil is winning. I see it every day in our younger generations. The combination of identity politics, corrupt education system, corrupt and biased media, devaluing of the family, communism is cool, Christianity is hated, sexual perversion everywhere, loss of work ethic, white privilege, crt, victimhood, climate change and other issues the left has been pushing for decades has been accepted as "normal". Our youth has been taught these false values and they view as fact and logical reasoning. They are not persuaded easily because they have been taught these things by adults who they viewed as authority figures and reinforced by their parents who taught them to respect those same figures. The left has taken their time, been patient, and tricked many into believing the lie.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

I may not have grand children either, or if I do I may be gone before they come along. Like you say, may not be a bad thing though I'd love to be a grandpa.

There may come a time when parents who teach their children the Truth may have their children taken from them :(

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hate to say this, but evil is winning. I see it every day in our younger generations. The combination of identity politics, corrupt education system, corrupt and biased media, devaluing of the family, communism is cool, Christianity is hated, sexual perversion everywhere, loss of work ethic, white privilege, crt, victimhood, climate change and other issues the left has been pushing for decades has been accepted as "normal". Our youth has been taught these false values and they view as fact and logical reasoning. They are not persuaded easily because they have been taught these things by adults who they viewed as authority figures and reinforced by their parents who taught them to respect those same figures. The left has taken their time, been patient, and tricked many into believing the lie.

Yep, it sure does seem like evil is winning at times. But you know what? that means one day soon, perhaps sooner than we could believe, God is going to say "Enough is enough! Son, go get your bride and I'm about to take care of all of this NOW! :thumbup

And with that the rapture will take place and God will will start the process of restoring things to what what they were before mankind messed up.

Len

After Sunday school yesterday my 7 year old grandson and his 4 yo sister asked me why we did not support halloween so I explained as best I could, and then I was asked about santa claus (I told them about st Nicholas) and what a Christmas presant was truly about ..... and then I was asked about easter eggs and the bunny (new life from Jesus was explained)...... a most enjoyable interrogation, with some "satisfactory" nodding from the kids and Nan .... so encouraging as those opportunities are hard to come by and are soon drowned out by the world.

Back