What About Marriage?

Channah

Im glad your father in law has made it through such serious health problems, but why do you assume it was our Father who pulled him through these situations?
Because Jesus heals. I remember when Jesus was healing in the Bible and the Pharisees were mad and Jesus said to them he heals and they call him evil? God heals but the devil destroys and kills. Jesus do good works.

Andy C

Because Jesus heals. I remember when Jesus was healing in the Bible and the Pharisees were mad and Jesus said to them he heals and they call him evil? God heals but the devil destroys and kills. Jesus do good works.
Just to clarify, do you believe the only reason anyone, believer or non believer, is healed is because of Jesus?

pixelpusher

God blessed Ishmael when Hagar was in the wilderness, didn't He?

Every good gift and every perfect gift comes down from the Father of lights, in Whom is no variableness or shadow of turning.

If an unbeliever were to turn and seek God, would God not bless that one with finding Him?

Did God bless any of us when we were yet in the dark? I think He did, and does still. Even the air we breath, the sun on our face, the water, are blessings from God. Aren't they?

Is not the very restraining influence of the Holy Spirit a kind of blessing upon all men?

If I am in error, please kindly show me where. : )

(eta: I am defining blessing as something that brings about happiness or welfare, wellness, fwiw)

Channah

Just to clarify, do you believe the only reason anyone, believer or non believer, is healed is because of Jesus?
Yes I believe that. God does heal. He’s a giver of life. How do we know that Jesus does not have a plan for my father in law later? If Jesus heals a non believer who is to say what plans Jesus has for that person later in life? I was not a believer until I got older yet Jesus kept my life even when I was doing dangerous things. We don’t know or should deny that we don’t know why God does this but He has a reason to do it.

Andy C

Yes I believe that. God does heal. He’s a giver of life. How do we know that Jesus does not have a plan for my father in law later? If Jesus heals a non believer who is to say what plans Jesus has for that person later in life? I was not a believer until I got older yet Jesus kept my life even when I was doing dangerous things. We don’t know or should deny that we don’t know why God does this but He has a reason to do it.
:thumbup

Andy C

You bring up a point that has always caused me to be confused in understanding the will of our Father. I too came to faith late in life. Prior to being saved, there were many sinful behavior issues with me, and there were not many sinful actions I did not partake in. Some were even life threatening and now that Im saved, I have to believe the Lord knew all along that I would eventually believe in Him, so he kept me from going completely over the top. I believe as you do, He knew the man I would become so he set me on a path that eventually led me to choosing Life. Its confusing, but it really does not matter how or when, what matters is I finally became a child of His by believing in the One sent by the Father.

Sorry mods for this being off topic, but I believe its an important issue to discuss.

Channah

I so believe this. If God had not protected or healed many of us while we were in sin there would not be many people who are older who would be alive. We must never judge the actions of Our Father. He is God. He can save a man up to his dying day at the ripe old age of a 100 and above.

Carl

And let us not forget:
1 And when Rachel saw that she bare Jacob no children, Rachel envied her sister; and said unto Jacob, Give me children, or else I die.
2 And Jacob's anger was kindled against Rachel: and he said, Am I in God's stead, who hath withheld from thee the fruit of the womb?
Gen 30:1-2 (KJV)

12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD
Job 1:12 (KJV)

5 But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.
6 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life
Job 2:5-6 (KJV)

Does God open every womb?
Does God limit satan's power to everyone?
Is there anything in nature that doesn't follow God's design?

Hol

Worships Him
God blessed Ishmael when Hagar was in the wilderness, didn't He?

Every good gift and every perfect gift comes down from the Father of lights, in Whom is no variableness or shadow of turning.

If an unbeliever were to turn and seek God, would God not bless that one with finding Him?

Did God bless any of us when we were yet in the dark? I think He did, and does still. Even the air we breath, the sun on our face, the water, are blessings from God. Aren't they?

Is not the very restraining influence of the Holy Spirit a kind of blessing upon all men?

If I am in error, please kindly show me where. : )

(eta: I am defining blessing as something that brings about happiness or welfare, wellness, fwiw)
Amen!

I commute to work and am continually amazed that pile ups on the freeway are not a daily occurrence.

He has the whole world in His hands :choir