Went on a walk today...

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
And was pleasantly surprised by something. As my husband and I walked a loop along a park I noticed some paper leaflets on benches we were passing by. I finally stopped to see what they were and saw that they were salvation tracts for kids. It was a beautifully told salvation story comparing a child's treasured toy, losing the toy and buying it back to Jesus Christ buying back lost souls through the price He was willing to pay because of how much He treasured us. It was really well done and I believe would capture the message in a young child's mind.

I was encouraged that a faithful soul and follower of Christ was getting the Gospel out in a strategic way. As I was thinking about it, it dawned on me that it would be great to pray for this person who left the tracts for their encouragement and the people who will read these tracts for their salvation. To support this person and those reading in prayer.

In our day and age of such negativity it warmed my heart to see a positive action that someone took. And, I thought I'd share that positivity. :)

And, I thought I'd ask:

Has anyone here been saved after reading a tract or had a tract become a part of pointing to salvation?

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
And was pleasantly surprised by something. As my husband and I walked a loop along a park I noticed some paper leaflets on benches we were passing by. I finally stopped to see what they were and saw that they were salvation tracts for kids. It was a beautifully told salvation story comparing a child's treasured toy, losing the toy and buying it back to Jesus Christ buying back lost souls through the price He was willing to pay because of how much He treasured us. It was really well done and I believe would capture the message in a young child's mind.

I was encouraged that a faithful soul and follower of Christ was getting the Gospel out in a strategic way. As I was thinking about it, it dawned on me that it would be great to pray for this person who left the tracts for their encouragement and the people who will read these tracts for their salvation. To support this person and those reading in prayer.

In our day and age of such negativity it warmed my heart to see a positive action that someone took. And, I thought I'd share that positivity. :)

And, I thought I'd ask:

Has anyone here been saved after reading a tract or had a tract become a part of pointing to salvation?

I had from time to time seen Chick tracts before I had come back to faith. I believe I was saved in the Methodist church when I was young as I have always in my childhood and adult life said I would let Jesus handle things I couldn't do anything about it. I was not a practicing Christian in adulthood, but I never had a hostility to Jesus or God. I believed, I just didn't have a real relationship where I talked to them or prayed with them as like all of us we get caught up in "life" and what is going on in the here and now. I think when I turned 35 and had a spiritual crisis that God said it was time for me get busy working for him. He took my skills from my website design/hosting business and had me go to work for him. Hence how Rapture Forums came to be shortly thereafter. But the tracts stayed in my mind as I remembered them when Buzzardhut had them on his website. It all came back to me. I didn't know who Jack Chick was, but I recognized his artwork. :thumbup

Batman

Same here on the Chick tracts probably playing a role in me needing salvation and understanding many other things about my life, thoughts, words, and deeds. My mother had us in church from my earliest memories but I do think this is an area of help in my life at that time and some afterward.

Reason & Hope

When I lived in NYC in the early 1980s, I saw a lot of Jews for Jesus tracts. I wasn't a believer, but the tracts were so clever and funny that I would happily take them from the people handing them out and read them cover to cover. They definitely had an influence on my becoming a Christian.

BaptistJohn

And, I thought I'd ask:

Our church supports a Missionary couple to Mexico well the wife was walking through the jungle of southern Mexico when she was praying something to the effect
God if you're really show yourself to me and as she continued to walk she look down on the ground was a track in the Spanish language from the track she was lead to Christ.
Later in life she found out that the tracks were dropped out of a plane hoping that someone would find and read.
I can't remember how but some how she ended up in the Bible College where she met her husband.
I have heard other stories where people got save and at least the first seed was a Gospel track.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Our church supports a Missionary couple to Mexico well the wife was walking through the jungle of southern Mexico when she was praying something to the effect
God if you're really show yourself to me and as she continued to walk she look down on the ground was a track in the Spanish language from the track she was lead to Christ.
Later in life she found out that the tracks were dropped out of a plane hoping that someone would find and read.
I can't remember how but some how she ended up in the Bible College where she met her husband.
I have heard other stories where people got save and at least the first seed was a Gospel track.

That's a great story! Amazing how God can reach people even in the middle of nowhere. So fun to read about how God uses tracts to reach people.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Here it is at this link with some other great stories: https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/tracts-still-work.146141/#post-843422249

There was a time, when I first started leaving tracts around, that I had a tract geared towards those involved in the masonic group....police, firefighters, etc. I didn't really connect those dots of who typically was involved with the masonic group until later but God knew.

One day as I went to go grocery shopping I had a very strong sense to place that tract, not in a grocery cart or even in the front of the store, but on the side of the store and on the ground at the sidewalk and wall of the store. I was puzzled but decided to go ahead. I went on to do my shopping and came out the same way and saw the tract was still there. As I went towards it thinking about putting it in a cart, it strongly came to me to leave that tract right where it was. So, I did.

I unloaded my groceries, put my cart away and got in the car. After getting myself settled in the car to drive home I looked in astonishment at my rear-view mirror. Right behind me a firetruck pulled up right next to that area along the side of the store and firefighters were sprawling out. One of them already had the tract in his hand and he was reading it! If I had moved that tract to any other place those guys would never have found it.

It was like God was showing me to not be afraid to leave tracts and to also see how He works to get those to just the right people.