Wearing Red/Yellow?

athenasius

my neice got married in Mexico on the east coast in June last year. She wore waterproof Hypnose mascara by Lancome. It worked fine in spite of the edge of some huge storm, heat & serious humidity let alone emotion. I'd told her about my fave powder foundation Dual Finish also Lancome and she said that stayed put & looked great in photos. I'd told my neice in law ( her sil) about it the year before for a wedding she attended in the Yukon and Maria heard how it worked so she wanted it too.

Ladyinwaiting

If I may intrude once more, cautiously, I would like to ask why do women love shoes so much?

One of the funniest things I ever heard my mom say, she said to my DW: "When I die, you are going to be so ill with me."
"Why?", my wife asked.
"Because when you are cleaning out my house, you are going to find the hundreds of pairs of shoes I have. And none of them fit you!"

Then she purely cackled.
That is a good question. I love shoes, but the problem is God gave me big feet. If he had given me cute princess feet then my husband would be in trouble. Anyone remember Imelda Marcos and her shoe collection?

Jan51

Well, maybe I'm weird, but I've never had a thing about shoes! Good tennies for public, old ones for the yard, for church several will do: something black, white and beige, one each for summer and for winter. In fact for the last several years, my 3 dressy sandals in black, white and beige are all the same shoe. It's so comfortable that I bought the sameshoes in 3 colors and could care less if anyone notices or wonders. LOL

cchomeschoolmom

Well, maybe I'm weird, but I've never had a thing about shoes! Good tennies for public, old ones for the yard, for church several will do: something black, white and beige, one each for summer and for winter. In fact for the last several years, my 3 dressy sandals in black, white and beige are all the same shoe. It's so comfortable that I bought the sameshoes in 3 colors and could care less if anyone notices or wonders. LOL
You are not the only one. I tend to regard shoes as a necessary evil.

ShilohRose

Shoe size changes less than other sizes. That's one reason for their popularity. My grandfather used to go into my grandmother's closet and count how many pairs of shoes and how many dresses she had. lol I'm partial to tennis shoes and cowboy boots, but I do have a few pairs of dress shoes, including a red pair that I love.

athenasius

Oh I like my shoes. But I admit I'm slightly nuts. I got a bargain pair of high heels, pointy toe really gorgeous ones at Target once, and I rarely have a chance to wear them but honestly they just make me happy to see them. They are a sober grey and beige snakeskin print on the outside, lined with shocking hot pink on the interior and they were one of the designer collaborations by Isaac Mizrahi. I got them in a markdown clearance. I'll probably never get rid of them. They fit, but I don't usually wear them, as most of my formal wear is dressy sandals. They are the most beautiful pair I own.

Normally I just wear my size 10 wide Clarks leather loafers for everyday.

I normally believe in the if you haven't used it in a year, give it away philosophy but not with that pair. They really give me joy. Like I said, probably I'm certifiably nuts. :p

Lynn

But I admit I'm slightly nuts. I got a bargain pair of high heels, pointy toe really gorgeous ones at Target once, and I rarely have a chance to wear them but honestly they just make me happy to see them. They are a sober grey and beige snakeskin print on the outside, lined with shocking hot pink on the interior and they were one of the designer collaborations by Isaac Mizrahi. I got them in a markdown clearance. I'll probably never get rid of them. They fit, but I don't usually wear them, as most of my formal wear is dressy sandals. They are the most beautiful pair I own. . .
I normally believe in the if you haven't used it in a year, give it away philosophy but not with that pair. They really give me joy. Like I said, probably I'm certifiably nuts. :p
Reason enough to own them for the rest of your life. I have a fuschia silk pantsuit that I've never worn and it's lovely just hanging there in my closet. 'Someday' I hope to be that size again. :rolleyes:

ReadyforSupper

I'm tall, in heels I'm between 6'2-6'4"

I have some of the most incredible heels made.

I NEVER wear them lol! (I wear a size 10 and there's someone in my town that changes all her shoes every three months, so a $300 pair of shoes costs me no more than $7)

The shoes I actually wear are ballet flats or granny boots (I like Victorian and Edwardian style clothes so that's what I wear 99% of the time and you can't see anything but the tips of my shoes anyway)

My favorites are Hush Puppies Chaste Ballet flats ( used from ebay. I'm not spending $88 on a pair of shoes!)

Bron

Standing on the Promises of God!
I guess I get so tired of seeing all the lesbians and ultra feminist women out there, pretending to be something they are not.
With all that has been going on, same sex couples, women protesting...I just thought it would be nice to talk 'girl talk'.

While I'm not the type to wear dresses, or skirts; I do appreciate pretty things:
Shiny glass beads, sewing doll clothes for my neices, pretty decor, scented soap, cupcakes, flowers, lip color, cute socks, nice soft fabrics, baking cookies, nice smelling lotions and creams, handwritten letters with stickers (I love stickers)...

Maybe I'm just rambling :scratch:lol

Have a beautiful day :cheer

Bron

Standing on the Promises of God!
Out in the barn I am definitely 'unisex'! Jeans and sweats or t's. Nothing else makes sense! I guess most men would not wear my t's, though....LOL

Downtown, I am definitely a female. Because of so many scars on my legs from surgeries, I usually wear pants, but pair them with really nice sweaters or tops. At home, one of my favorite things, when the outside work is done early enough, is to shower and put on a really nice house dress. I have several in floor-length and I love to feel feminine that way.

Make-up? Hardly any. Because my eyebrows and eyelashes are the same color as my skin, I generally will use a little eyebrow pencil and some mascara. That and a complimentary shade of lipstick and that's enough.

Shoes? Anything fairly flat (I am half an inch taller than Barry) that is comfortable on arthritic feet. Sandals, sneakers, boots all get chosen for that. Don't need many, which is a good thing because I also have big feet.

Colors? People tend to wear what they are comfortable in. For me that centers around blues and greens with other accents.
I've worked out all my life, kick-boxing, light weights, different cardio exercises, and have long legs and arms. With a petite frame it's hard to find things that work for me. I don't like having a lot of clothes, only 25 things in my closet which includes my three pairs of boots. I love my cowboy boots!
Long jackets, oversized tops with super long sleeves, and dark gray jeans, pretty much makes my wardrobe. I guess it makes sense when performing, since I mostly stand.
I don't really wear makeup either, except for some lip color and lash curling.

Last edited:

athenasius

I guess I get so tired of seeing all the lesbians and ultra feminist women out there, pretending to be something they are not.
With all that has been going on, same sex couples, women protesting...I just thought it would be nice to talk 'girl talk'.

While I'm not the type to wear dresses, or skirts; I do appreciate pretty things:
Shiny glass beads, sewing doll clothes for my neices, pretty decor, scented soap, cupcakes, flowers, lip color, cute socks, nice soft fabrics, baking cookies, nice smelling lotions and creams, handwritten letters with stickers (I love stickers)...

Maybe I'm just rambling :scratch:lol

Have a beautiful day :cheer
I have been feeling like reclaiming my gender identity from all those who wish to make me look unisex while celebrating the over the top drag queens in their stolen femininity as they trash their God given masculinity.

In a funny sort of way it's my own personal protest march to reclaim the value of the gender Identity that GOD gave me at birth. It doesn't belong to the unisex crowd, the gender dysphorics or the Kaitlyn Jenners.

It isn't about dresses or heels, it's about being a visible female, which can happen in blue jeans and riding boots just as easily as dress slacks and a silk top or a nice skirt with heels. For comfort sake I'm in dress pants and my Clarks loafers, (10 W) with a nice top but it's about being female and taking some pains to express that.I noticed that as the unisex crowd embraced gender neutral outfits and hair cuts where you have to really search to figure out, now is that a male or a female in there...... that at the VERY SAME TIME we started seeing an upsurge of drag queens and others embracing the attributes of the sex that was opposite them. For the lesbians, this often included a very masculine hair cut, clothing and even a gait in walking that attempts to look masculine but ends up looking clumsy and forced. For the males pretending to be females, they too took on feminine body language, hair and makeup as well as dress.

But straight people were expected to wear plainer more neutral clothes. The masculine suit is derided as "suits" by the anti business crowd, the military uniform for men became derided as oppressive. Men who took care to look nice, AND masculine have their sexuality questioned because looking too masculine and pulled together (like that older actor can't remember his name, with the mustache) is "gay". And if you were too careful about your appearance as a woman you may have faced comments like this: "where are YOU going all dressed up to the nines?" "must be nice to be able to afford that outfit" or isn't that a bit too matchy matchy?" or the worst one "are you trying to catch a man?"

Those are actually in my opinion Satan's attacks on people who embrace their own gender and celebrate YES CELEBRATE God for making them male or female. It got worse from the 60's on. It's been a long war on sexuality from the free love era in the 60's to the destruction of one boundary in gender after another. Now we are here, and we've come a long horrible winding way baby and it ain't pretty!

Whether you choose dark neutral or hot pink, whether you wear cowboy boots and jeans to go riding or muck out the barn (been there, done that) or wear a fancy dress to a dinner out, as we embrace the fact that God made us who we are, we are singing a visual hymn of praise to Him and to His Glory. We are saying loud and proud that we are rejoicing in the way God made us, and that His ways are highest, His ways are best.

And maybe just maybe somebody will ask why we always look so happy. And we can tell them.

athenasius

Love you too Bron! It's hard to think it thru because our society has been pushing the lie for so long. It's easy to spot the lie in a drag queen, but it's harder to spot it when it comes in the dress for today's world grunge and unisex fashion codes.

I got sidelined a few times by friends in church who would comment on me dressing up. Sometimes the disapproval was simply a why do you dress for church when everyone else is wearing shorts or jeans or a halter top kind of question. That is less offensive than the implication that I might be dressing to attract attention. This while I'm a whole lot more covered than the shorts and halter top number. But it was like I had to plow thru that opposition realizing where it REALLY comes from in order to feel ok dressing the way I like to.

That was kind of when I began to see this as a culture war with me as a shock trooper in Estee Lauder LOL! I DO Love me some Estee even if she ain't cheap. My goodness, in the dinner thread I shared the ambulance ER adventure of Sunday, and honestly Bron, it was like the old Timex ad, you know the one where the Timex just keeps on Ticking!!!!

Well, 8 pm rolls around, I get sprung from the ER, head off to the hotel and I'm washing my face thinking YEAH! Estee Lauder you rock! I'd stuck on some eye brows, powder foundation, blush mascara and lipstick. at 8 am that morning before the flight to Vancouver where I collapsed on arrival and most of it was still hanging in there in spite of oxygen nasal cunnulas, IVs, EKGs and other distressing events du jour.

Now if that isn't a testament to quality makeup I dunno what is!!! :D Estee just a kept on ticking!!!!

Suzanne

Just wondering what y'alls opinion is on this.

My understanding of how Christian ladies should dress is that we should not draw attention to ourselves by what we wear. I've put together/made a few long skirt/cardigan outfits. Most of what I have at the moment is either black or various shades of grey. I'm just weird in that I actually like grey (growing up near Seattle?), and I can mix/match most things.

In this area, I am not sure what is too legalistic, and what is not. Would wearing a red or yellow cardi/flats be considered attention grabbing? I don't want to wear red to get attention, but because I like red, too. However, I've heard both yes and no and am a little confused. I'm a very pale brunette, it that makes any difference. :scratch: :idunno:

Thoughts?
I live in Oregon, so I understand the whole gray thing. To be honest, I've always liked gray. It goes with almost every other color. I don't really have an opinion about what other colors women

should wear. I think it's a matter of praying about it, and then doing what you feel God leads you to do.