'We Will Not Obey'

Walter Kerr

As an Australian I cannot support the initiatives mentioned here, but I would support them given the opportunity.

We too are under this same pressure.

It is not as advanced here as it is in the US apparently, but we will soon catch up.

The homosexual cause is very strong here in Sydney. We even have an annual State supported Mardi Gras to honour them! And it is disgusting!

The world has gone mad, and we are His witnesses against it.

May the Lord give us strength to remain true to Him as it will not be easy, and we must not take it lightly.

It is easy to imagine what we would like to do, and how we would like to act, but when the pressure is truly on, then that IS different.

It seems wise to face this in fear and trembling, for we have no strength of our own.

When the real pressure is on, and left to our own devices, we will cave in.

May the Lord help us to remain true to Him, otherwise we will "all forsake Him and flee."

Carl

There was only about 25,300+ signatures for the defense of marriage petition. That doesn't seem like very many. Especially not enough to make a difference or is it? What are your thoughts on this? Or does it matter not if there were only 10 signatures, it's the action that counts?
They use the numbers that actually responded with a mathmatical guess and probable responses for those that didn't respond and come up with a most likely figure of the real feelings of the nation.

ShilohRose

As an Australian I cannot support the initiatives mentioned here, but I would support them given the opportunity. . .

When the real pressure is on, and left to our own devices, we will cave in.

May the Lord help us to remain true to Him, otherwise we will "all forsake Him and flee."
:amen, Father, :amen. You know, Abba, that I am very weak, but I want to be faithful to You. The time is not yet for all of the strength discussed here, but I know You have promised us that Your Grace is sufficient, and the strength to remain true to You will be there when the time comes. Thank You, thank You, for Your Love, Mercy, and Strength. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.

Carl

This is really a chronic frustration for me. The Supreme Court is supposed to uphold the law of the land. It is supposed to measure each grievance with the intent of and the meaning that the Constitution of the United States spells out. The Justices are supposed to be above outside influences. Yet we sit here and hope that our petition will guide them to the only logical decision that can be made. I find it pathetic that we petition the Justices in what they should be able to clearly see. :mope

ReadyforSupper

I'm not a pastor but I stand with them.
Beloved brother, our crimes will be separate and the same...we will all stand on the Rock and we will all be buffeted. What a privilege!! To be able to make a stand for the Christ that stood for us!

No other church age since the first few hundred years has endured much persecution, not until the past hundred years or so...For quite some time, over a millenia, the Church has been relatively safe. NOW, at this time, WE have been chosen to be the light to the final church age!!!

What is it about us...little, nothing, us, that God is trusting us with this HUGE responsibility? How honored! Exciting times we live in, huh??

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!! So true, and it is a privilege to serve the LORD!! I read the following Scripture at the Illinois State Capitol Today:

And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?
But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. "AND DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THEIR THREATS, NOR BE TROUBLED."
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;
having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.
For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
(1 Peter 3:13-17 NKJV)

It was awesome. I will post another thread. http://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/national-day-of-prayer.103537/#post-842238548

Last edited:

ReadyforSupper

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!! So true, and it is a privilege to serve the LORD!! I read the following Scripture at the Illinois State Capitol Today:

And who is he who will harm you if you become followers of what is good?
But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you are blessed. "AND DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THEIR THREATS, NOR BE TROUBLED."
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;
having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.
For it is better, if it is the will of God, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil.
(1 Peter 3:13-17 NKJV)

It was awesome. I will post another thread.
Love it!!! Oh! Btw pastor Mike, I'm awaiting the first book I've purchased regarding the faith since...gosh...decades.

Maybe you've heard of it? The Sifted Generation!

Cannot wait!

I've decided to be excited about our future as Believers. I've come to the full realization of what it means to be fully committed to Christ!

Much to the chagrin of my husband, I have separated myself even from him in the flesh. Yes, we are still husband and wife and very much in love, but... he knows that there is nothing in this world, not even him that makes me want to stay or makes me want to be a part of it. Fortunately, it's starting to rub off on him lol!

He's starting to realize that much more than his wife, I am his sister in Christ, which is much better in my opinion lol.

I told him a long time ago that a husband will try to protect wife, but a brother in Christ will encourage a sister to do what's hard...to be ready and willing to die for the Name above all named if God requires.

This is what we're facing and to tell the truth, I've never been more at peace or happier in my life!

Thank You Lord, for prioritizing our lives! Thank you Lord, for giving us these glimpses of eternity, and thank you Lord for our brave brothers and sisters who are setting the finest of examples! Most precious Father, please, help us strip the flesh away and reveal the Spirit, Your Spirit, so our lives are beacons in the dark. Lord, give us strength as you weed out the false brethren and let us not be high minded, but lowly and humble in all circumstances. Let us not foolishly believe ourselves to be anything other than the worst of sinners, purchased with the greatest of prices and Lord, let this happen quickly so we do not grow weary and faint. We await Your call oh Lord! In Jesus most precious Name we pray and praise, amen.

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
That testimony needs PINNED!!! Wow! Your decision to separate yourself to God will mean that you will love your husband even more!! In turn, he will be blessed and love you more. That is so exciting! :mousedance:taz:hank:scoregood

You have blessed my heart with your faith. I am very moved. All praise and glory to God!!

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
That testimony needs PINNED!!! Wow! Your decision to separate yourself to God will mean that you will love your husband even more!! In turn, he will be blessed and love you more. That is so exciting! :mousedance:taz:hank:scoregood

You have blessed my heart with your faith. I am very moved. All praise and glory to God!!
Deanna, I agree with Mike. Perhaps you could write it out in a bit more detail, explaining the what and how and why and then post it as a separate thread. I believe it will help a lot of women ... and men.

moosejive

I'm not American but I signed the Defend Marriage Petition anyway in support of my American brothers and sisters. Hope that wasn't overstepping my bounds.
I don't think it was at all! :hug Although this is taking place in the USA, it seems to be something that is affecting all people in all nations. That is the decision to stand with The Lord or stand by man's wisdom...:prophet We all know the side to be on, but the majority of people don't and they need someone who can point them in the right direction.