'We Will Not Obey'

Pebbles

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015...threaten-civil-disobedience-if-supreme-court/

“We will not obey.”

That’s the blunt warning a group of prominent religious leaders is sending to the Supreme Court of the United States as they consider same-sex marriage.

“We respectfully warn the Supreme Court not to cross that line,” read a document titled, Pledge in Solidarity to Defend Marriage. “We stand united together in defense of marriage. Make no mistake about our resolve.”

“While there are many things we can endure, redefining marriage is so fundamental to the natural order and the common good that this is the line we must draw and one we cannot and will not cross,” the pledge states.

The signees are a who’s who of religious leaders including former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum, National Religious Broadcasters president Jerry Johnson, Pastor John Hagee, and Franklin Graham, president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan’s Purse.

The pledge was co-drafted by Deacon Keith Fournier, a Catholic deacon, and Mat Staver, the founder of Liberty Counsel. Also involved in the document were Rick Scarborough, the president of Vision America Action and James Dobson, the founder of Family Talk Radio.

“We’re sending a warning to the Supreme Court and frankly any court that crosses the line on the issue of marriage,” Staver told me.

He said that once same-sex marriage is elevated to the level of protected status – it will transform the face of society and will result in the “beginning of the end of Western Civilization.”

“You are essentially saying that boys and girls don’t need moms and dads – that moms and dads are irrelevant,” Staver said. “Gender becomes pointless when government adopts same-sex marriage. It creates a genderless relationship out of a very gender-specific relationship. It says that it doesn’t matter and that two moms or two dads are absolutely equivalent to a mom and a dad.”

Dobson said the legalization of same-sex marriage could fracture the nation.

“The institution of marriage is fundamental and it must be defended,” he told me. “It’s the foundation for the entire culture. It’s been in existence for 5,000 years. If you weaken it or if you undermine it – the entire superstructure can come down. We see it as that important.”

And that means the possibility of Christians – people of faith – engaging in acts of civil disobedience.

“Yes, I’m talking about civil disobedience,” Staver said. “I’m talking about resistance and I’m talking about peaceful resistance against unjust laws and unjust rulings.”

That’s quite a shocking statement. So I asked Mr. Staver to clarify his remarks.

“I’m calling for people to not recognize the legitimacy of that ruling because it’s not grounded in the Rule of Law,” he told me. “They need to resist that ruling in every way possible. In a peaceful way – they need to resist it as much as Martin Luther King, Jr. resisted unjust laws in his time.”

Scarborough said the pledge was meant to be forthright and clear.

“We’re facing a real Constitutional crisis if the Supreme Court rules adversely from our perspective on same-sex marriage,” he told me. For me there’s no option. I’m going to choose to serve the Lord. And I think that thousands of other pastors will take that position and hundreds of thousands – if not millions of Christians.”

Scarborough is urging pastors across the nation to sign the pledge.

He referenced the “outrageous penalties” being assessed against people of faith simply because they don’t want to participate in a same-sex union.

An Oregon bakery is facing a $135,000 fine for refusing to make a cake for a lesbian wedding and a Washington State florist faces fines for refusing to participate in a gay wedding.

“Christians are being declared the lawbreakers when we are simply living by what we have always believed, and by a set of laws that the culture historically has agreed to,” he said. “Right now the courts are changing the playing field and declaring that what the natural eye can see and natural law reveals is not truth. ... What will we do, and how will we respond?”

Dobson said there’s no doubt that LGBT activists are targeting Christian business owners.

“For about 50 years the homosexual community has had as its goal to change the culture, to change the ideology and if necessary – to force people who don’t agree by use of the courts,” Dobson told me. “I think there’s a collision here and we can all see it and where it’s going to go is anybody’s guess – but it is serious.”

To be clear – the men and women who courageously signed this pledge did so knowing the hell storm that is about to be unleashed on them – and their families.

“We have no choice,” Staver told me. “We cannot compromise our clear biblical convictions, our religious convictions.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
And this man and his home stands with them. I will continue to love those who walk in sin, but I will not marry them; nor will I cease to speak against the abominations they practice. The Bible is clear that I must act in love but also according to God's will. Andrea and I have resolved to do so. Regardless of the consequences to us.

Hol

Worships Him
And this man and his home stands with them. I will continue to love those who walk in sin, but I will not marry them; nor will I cease to speak against the abominations they practice. The Bible is clear that I must act in love but also according to God's will. Andrea and I have resolved to do so. Regardless of the consequences to us.
Thank you Pastor Adrian & Andrea ♥

legaleagle

Amen! This issue goes much deeper than most realize, even from a legal prospective. I went back last night and read the arguments that were presented to the Court yesterday, and what I heard troubled me. The Court is now being asked to define class not as race, gender,etc., but by common likeness. So if this was to go through(and based on what I heard, I believe it will on a 5-4 decision), then Constitutional protections would be given to anyone who has a 'similar likeness'.. Anyone with a 'similar likeness' could be seen as a protective class with the same equal protection rights we give to race and gender today. This does not open pandora's box, it blows it up, and it brings the issue far beyond just marriage! This decision will not end the battle, it will expand it to every church and home in this country!

For those who have been saying this as a state issue, from all I see the Supreme Court does not see it that way. I did not see Baker v. Nelson brought up in the argument, and it is not in the briefs that appeared before the Court(In 1972, the Court upheld a lower court decision in Baker v. Nelson that a state had the right to limit marriage to people of the opposite sex). The Court has come to the conclusion that this is a Constitutional issue, and one that holds federal weight. The Court is specifically looking at whether likeness is a protective right, and looking at how the defining perimeters of marriage fits into that right. In the arguments, the plantiff(those looking to redefine marriage) argued that marriage was defined by when people came together under mutual responsibility and for a common happiness. If the Court agrees with that argument, then this country will soon define marriage as anything someone wants it to be. If 5 people decide they share a mutual responibility and share a common happiness, then they have a Constitutional right to be married. This does not just throw out every law God gave to us, but will destroy our societal and economic structure with the same blow. Under this definition a cult could all marrige each other, and this nation would not only have to recognize it they would have to provided benefits to it.

Many would say that this is far fetched, that we will never allow the argument I am making to happen. But if you look back 20 years ago, the same were saying we would never see what is being argued in the Court today! This argument will not play out over the next 20 years like it has before. We are at the bottom of the avalanche, not at the top. An avalanche picks up speed the farther it goes down the hill. This will play out in a matter of months and days, not a matter of years. This is an issue that will force the Church to take a stand, with this decision there will no longer be a middle ground. This will force the Church and many of our pastors onto the battlefield. They will either have to stand with the Lord, or they will have to look across the battlefield at Him! I believe the day is about to come when everyone of us will have to decide which side of the battlefield we will stand on!

Almost Heaven

Amen! This issue goes much deeper than most realize, even from a legal prospective. I went back last night and read the arguments that were presented to the Court yesterday, and what I heard troubled me. The Court is now being asked to define class not as race, gender,etc., but by common likeness. So if this was to go through(and based on what I heard, I believe it will on a 5-4 decision), then Constitutional protections would be given to anyone who has a 'similar likeness'.. Anyone with a 'similar likeness' could be seen as a protective class with the same equal protection rights we give to race and gender today. This does not open pandora's box, it blows it up, and it brings the issue far beyond just marriage! This decision will not end the battle, it will expand it to every church and home in this country!

For those who have been saying this as a state issue, from all I see the Supreme Court does not see it that way. I did not see Baker v. Nelson brought up in the argument, and it is not in the briefs that appeared before the Court(In 1972, the Court upheld a lower court decision in Baker v. Nelson that a state had the right to limit marriage to people of the opposite sex). The Court has come to the conclusion that this is a Constitutional issue, and one that holds federal weight. The Court is specifically looking at whether likeness is a protective right, and looking at how the defining perimeters of marriage fits into that right. In the arguments, the plantiff(those looking to redefine marriage) argued that marriage was defined by when people came together under mutual responsibility and for a common happiness. If the Court agrees with that argument, then this country will soon define marriage as anything someone wants it to be. If 5 people decide they share a mutual responibility and share a common happiness, then they have a Constitutional right to be married. This does not just throw out every law God gave to us, but will destroy our societal and economic structure with the same blow. Under this definition a cult could all marrige each other, and this nation would not only have to recognize it they would have to provided benefits to it.

Many would say that this is far fetched, that we will never allow the argument I am making to happen. But if you look back 20 years ago, the same were saying we would never see what is being argued in the Court today! This argument will not play out over the next 20 years like it has before. We are at the bottom of the avalanche, not at the top. An avalanche picks up speed the farther it goes down the hill. This will play out in a matter of months and days, not a matter of years. This is an issue that will force the Church to take a stand, with this decision there will no longer be a middle ground. This will force the Church and many of our pastors onto the battlefield. They will either have to stand with the Lord, or they will have to look across the battlefield at Him! I believe the day is about to come when everyone of us will have to decide which side of the battlefield we will stand on!
Excellent Post-take up and read RF Saints

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
I signed the Petition and agree 100% with everything in this thread. The days of mass hostility and confusion are on the horizon. They all point to the return of Christ very soon. It is not under false pretense to post on RF--a place ocf community I love so deeply to say anything about what I have written, but its all in the new book. I only want people to get the message out that souls may be saved, so if you are so inclined to spread the warning about just how short the days are with family and friends then tell them about The Sifted Generation. I will not post links, just know it is out there.

Here is another excerpt on this topic:

"Since religious freedom is quickly becoming a thing of the past in America, the time to stand up and stand strong is now. By standing with Christ and by seeking His face it is possible we may be spared some of the weightier hostilities. However, all Christians should be prepared to make a stand for the truth of the Bible in case we are not. I believe religious freedom will be the next political battle the American church will face. Because of that alone, true Christians do not have time to live in passivity and apathy toward God and His divine call; neither should we neglect our evangelistic responsibility toward those around us. When the hard days come, it will take a strong allegiance to Christ to endure them.

This allegiance becomes more important when we realize that at stake is not only our intimate relationship to God—His favor in our lives—but also the very salvation of the souls around us. Jesus said, “And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself" (John 12:32).
Jesus did His work via the crucifixion (vs.33) paving the way for humanity to receive salvation. Similarly, we must do ours. Only those who truly know Jesus will seek to lift Him up high and they for sure will be singled out by the anti-Christian Gestapo. “Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution” (2 Tim. 3:12).

It is often asked, what are we Christians to do about the anti-Christian sentiment? How are we to prepare if we are called to make a choice for Christ? First of all, there is nothing you can do about the anti-Christian sentiment; it has always been around. The difference now, as opposed to the past, is it has become more main stream, even to the point of becoming fashionable on a global level, to sever any relationship that smacks of Christian sympathy—even singling out those who foster any type of godly sentiment! This outrageous bigotry against Christians is gaining steam because of the outspoken voices of humanistic atheists, LGBT’s (Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, and Transgender), corrupt politicians, hireling church leaders, unbelieving educators, and leftist theologians. All of these seem to be on a quest to become more politically correct in their drive to control the political, educational, social, religious, and cultural landscape.

For years godly pastors and teachers have asked church-goers to fervently pray for spiritual wisdom and empowerment—encouraging them to pray always—and to initiate a daily Bible reading plan for spiritual growth; all of this to start on a journey of knowing Jesus more intimately. These godly leaders have pleaded the necessity of Christians gathering together for worship, fellowship, and the breaking of bread; encouraging them in the need to develop a network of spiritual support among the family of God. But as widespread societal immorality shows, their work has fallen largely on a few apathetic generations, replete with uncaring attitudes and itching ears (see 2 Tim. 4:3-4). This means, among other things, that on the day the trumpet sounds, many Christians will be caught by surprise—their slumber will catch up with them.

The change Jesus seeks to make in the hearts and minds of believers is being publicly demonstrated by fewer and fewer each and every day (see Rom. 12:1-2), while the snowball of Christian unpopularity is speeding down the slope. This snowball of anti-Christian sentiment is getting exponentially larger as the Day of the Lord (tribulation period) approaches. For the true believer, preparation to face the rising onslaught of persecution that will headline the days prior to the tribulation period is going to take a healthy dose of faith and prayer, mixed with a full milieu of brotherly love and support." pp. 18-20 The Sifted Generation

I fear for our nation but more for the souls of all the newer generations that are underneath of the dark, dark deception. It seems they are the ones that are less familiar with the way things were. I pray with all of you daily. Oh how I wish we could all gather in one large city-wide crusade for truth! The banner of truth must march on. I am keeping a very close eye on all events this very historical proceeding spawns. I also will be posting some articles over the next few days concerning our other battle- the deceived church.
God Bless all!!

Maranantha- Even so come Lord Jesus.

Almost Heaven

I would love to encourage the family here to read Mike's book "The Sifted Generation" I have almost finished the book and HIGHLY recommend it to all. If it is within your budget I encourage you to buy more than one copy. If you are like me you will want one to keep on your bookshelf for reference and you will think of many people you would like to "gift" the book to. Mike's book needs to reach as many hands as possible.

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
God bless you so much! I would like to share a testimony. I was on a phone call from a precious sister in the Lord who finished it last night. In tears she wept in humility before the Lord and on the phone. She said, she looked at her life and her past life and felt like Isaiah who cried "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The LORD of hosts." (Isaiah 6:5 NKJV) She then stated that she repented before the Lord and felt so much better than before. For her, it opened her eyes wide to the truth Scripture reveals concerning the times in which we live and the desire of God for us to draw closer to Him. She said she was going to do all she can to share the truth because the coming of the Lord is so near and time is so short. Just as your heart was blessed so it was such a blessing to hear the same from her.

PRAY PRAY PRAY for the church and the SCOTUS.

Thanks Mary for linking the posts. You are a special woman in the sight of God!

vsi4Jesus

Living for the Lord
I saw this article on Fox news website last night. My husband and I both signed the petition. I was telling my husband that if the Supreme Court rules in favor of the LGBT agenda that Christians will have more of a target on their backs now.

I realize that Christians have been persecuted throughout the world for many many years for their faith in Christ. And yes it has been happening in this county also. But I told my husband if the court rules in favor of the LGBT crowd. I will not obey. It will remind me of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abendigo. King said bow down they said no. They were thrown into the fiery furnace but the Lord was with them through that and they survived.

So I am declaring to this world that I will not bow down to this law if it is enacted. If I have to go through the fiery furnace that is fine. I know my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be with me through the flames. I will never compromise my beliefs for this world. The Bible and God is my only authority. The Bible is truth, inerrant, infallible, it is the only authority. I will always stand up for my Lord no matter the cost.

Have a blessed day
Vicki

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ
By Todd Starnes
Published April 28, 2015
FoxNews.com

“We will not obey.”

That’s the blunt warning a group of prominent religious leaders is sending to the Supreme Court of the United States as they consider same-sex marriage.

“We respectfully warn the Supreme Court not to cross that line,” read a document titled, Pledge in Solidarity to Defend Marriage. “We stand united together in defense of marriage. Make no mistake about our resolve.”
“While there are many things we can endure, redefining marriage is so fundamental to the natural order and the common good that this is the line we must draw and one we cannot and will not cross,” the pledge states.

The signees are a who’s who of religious leaders including former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, former U.S. Senator Rick Santorum, National Religious Broadcasters president Jerry Johnson, Pastor John Hagee, and Franklin Graham, president and CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan’s Purse.

The pledge was co-drafted by Deacon Keith Fournier, a Catholic deacon, and Mat Staver, the founder of Liberty Counsel. Also involved in the document were Rick Scarborough, the president of Vision America Action and James Dobson, the founder of Family Talk Radio.

“We’re sending a warning to the Supreme Court and frankly any court that crosses the line on the issue of marriage,” Staver told me.

He said that once same-sex marriage is elevated to the level of protected status – it will transform the face of society and will result in the “beginning of the end of Western Civilization.”

“You are essentially saying that boys and girls don’t need moms and dads – that moms and dads are irrelevant,” Staver said. “Gender becomes pointless when government adopts same-sex marriage. It creates a genderless relationship out of a very gender-specific relationship. It says that it doesn’t matter and that two moms or two dads are absolutely equivalent to a mom and a dad.”

Dobson said the legalization of same-sex marriage could fracture the nation.

“The institution of marriage is fundamental and it must be defended,” he told me. “It’s the foundation for the entire culture. It’s been in existence for 5,000 years. If you weaken it or if you undermine it – the entire superstructure can come down. We see it as that important.”

And that means the possibility of Christians – people of faith – engaging in acts of civil disobedience.

“Yes, I’m talking about civil disobedience,” Staver said. “I’m talking about resistance and I’m talking about peaceful resistance against unjust laws and unjust rulings.”

That’s quite a shocking statement. So I asked Mr. Staver to clarify his remarks.

“I’m calling for people to not recognize the legitimacy of that ruling because it’s not grounded in the Rule of Law,” he told me. “They need to resist that ruling in every way possible. In a peaceful way – they need to resist it as much as Martin Luther King, Jr. resisted unjust laws in his time.”

Scarborough said the pledge was meant to be forthright and clear.

“We’re facing a real Constitutional crisis if the Supreme Court rules adversely from our perspective on same-sex marriage,” he told me. For me there’s no option. I’m going to choose to serve the Lord. And I think that thousands of other pastors will take that position and hundreds of thousands – if not millions of Christians.”

Scarborough is urging pastors across the nation to sign the pledge.

He referenced the “outrageous penalties” being assessed against people of faith simply because they don’t want to participate in a same-sex union.

An Oregon bakery is facing a $135,000 fine for refusing to make a cake for a lesbian wedding and a Washington State florist faces fines for refusing to participate in a gay wedding.

“Christians are being declared the lawbreakers when we are simply living by what we have always believed, and by a set of laws that the culture historically has agreed to,” he said. “Right now the courts are changing the playing field and declaring that what the natural eye can see and natural law reveals is not truth. ... What will we do, and how will we respond?”

Dobson said there’s no doubt that LGBT activists are targeting Christian business owners.

“For about 50 years the homosexual community has had as its goal to change the culture, to change the ideology and if necessary – to force people who don’t agree by use of the courts,” Dobson told me. “I think there’s a collision here and we can all see it and where it’s going to go is anybody’s guess – but it is serious.”

To be clear – the men and women who courageously signed this pledge did so knowing the hell storm that is about to be unleashed on them – and their families.

“We have no choice,” Staver told me. “We cannot compromise our clear biblical convictions, our religious convictions.