We Will Never Die!

Pat

WHAT mATTERS – We Shall Never Die​

I first became acquainted with the death of a loved one when I was five years old. My grandma passed away and I don’t remember much about that except my mom being sad and crying. Then a year later, I have vivid memories of visiting my grandpa in the hospital on Christmas Eve and him waving at me through the window as we left. He died later that evening. It was a somber Christmas that year in our household. Recently, a close friend’s wife went home to be with the Lord. We are sad and miss her physical presence here yet rejoicing for her release from the bondage of this life to a glorious new life in the presence of Jesus. We shall see her again someday soon.

Mary and Martha experienced the death of their brother Lazarus. As good friends of Jesus who hosted Him and the disciples often in their home, Jesus came to comfort Mary and Martha in an extraordinary way—He raised Lazarus alive from the grave after being dead for four days. As He did this, He also showed us a picture of what will soon take place on the earth. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ (Christians who have physically died) shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”[1] Jesus said it this way to Martha before raising Lazarus from the dead: Thy brother shall rise again…I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?[2] Jesus’ words have dual meaning. First, speaking spiritually, He was saying that those who are spiritually dead in Adam (all mankind) shall receive eternal life when they believe in Jesus. And those that believe and have eternal life shall never lose it (i.e., die spiritually.) Second, on a physical level, He is saying that those who have believed in Jesus and have physically died shall be raised from the dead in a resurrected body. And the Christian that is physically alive at the rapture will not experience physical death. In either case, what a great expectation awaits believers in Jesus! Whether we are alive or have already passed from this life, we shall live forever with Him.

What matters now is, as Jesus asked Martha, do you believe this? Then you too shall never die.

[1] 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
[2] John 11:25-26

JamesSuth

We who know Christ are going to live forever, and a perfect place, ruled by Christ, and we will be with Him forever. That is quite a thought to think on, and probably beyond our comprehension to fully understand. All praise and glory and honour to God the Father and the Lord Jesus for His amazing gift to us!