"We know that this man really is the Savior of the world."

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
The Samaritans got it...

John 4:42
They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."
The verse before that says...And because of his words many more became believers. (vs.41)

In my morning study these words spoken by the Samaritans struck me as being very insightful on their part. After hearing Jesus speak to them they were so taken by what He said, that they KNEW that Jesus is the Savior of the world, for never has a man spoken like Jesus (John 7:46). How wonderful it must have been for ordinary people to hear God speak. If I had an opportunity to choose one place and time in history to have been born in it would be 2021 years ago in Israel. It would be so wonderful following Jesus and absorbing every word that proceeded from His lips into my ears and satisfying my heart and mind. I would find no greater pleasure than being in His presence, eating with Him and in the end dying for testifying about Him being THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD.
God bless
Brother Albert

Last edited:

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
The Samaritans got it...

John 4:42
They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."
The verse before that says...And because of his words many more became believers. (vs.41)

In my morning study these words spoken by the Samaritans struck me as being very insightful on their part. After hearing Jesus speak to them they were so taken by what He said, that they KNEW that Jesus is the Savior of the world, for never has a man spoken like Jesus (John 7:46). How wonderful it must have been for ordinary people to hear God speak. If I had an opportunity to choose one place and time in history to have been born in it would be 2021 years ago in Israel. It would be so wonderful following Jesus and absorbing every word that proceeded from His lips into my ears and satisfying my heart and mind. I would find no greater pleasure than being in His presence, eating with Him and in the end dying for testifying about Him being THE SAVIOR OF THE WORLD.
God bless
Brother Albert
I feel the same way. What a privilege to have spent time with Him during His first coming to earth. To be able to see His face and hear His voice when talking with Him. I can’t wait to finally “meet” Him in Heaven...
:cloud9

fl2007rn

I absolutely LOVE the story of the Samaritan woman at the well. The Pharasees would have looked down on her because she was a Samaritan and a sinful woman yet she was earnestly looking for the Messiah. She was so excited and astonished when Jesus revealed he was the Messiah, she left her water jugs and ran into town to tell everyone. The Samaritans also believed because they listened to Jesus speak. The Pharasees were arrogant, pious, and wicked and would not believe anything that Jesus told them.