We Fix Our Gaze On Things That Cannot Be Seen...

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever. 2 Cor 4:17-18

Was reading this today and was struck by something. It is by and through our very troubles that a Glory that vastly outweighs and lasts forever is produced.

I was thinking that when we are in great challenges, instead of wondering if God loves us, this may be more proof that God loves us. For He desires for us not only to be saved, but for so much more in the future with Him.

Now I understand even more when it is said,

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. Rom 5:3-5

So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God. Rom 3:11

Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. Rom 12:12

I realize that I can rejoice in troubles (not that they are fun or not difficult) and have confidence in God and His love for me, knowing that He's allowed these things in order to produce a Glory that vastly outweighs those troubles and that lasts forever. So, because God loves me and cares for my eternal future, He's allowing troubles for my good.

Thought this would be encouraging to someone today. :)

Andy C

Very encouraging, thanks for posting this.

All our troubles are short lived as compared to eternity. That does not make our trials easier to bear, but it is comforting knowing what awaits us.

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.

Psalm 55:22
Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved.

Psalm 118:5-6
Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever. 2 Cor 4:17-18

Was reading this today and was struck by something. It is by and through our very troubles that a Glory that vastly outweighs and lasts forever is produced.

I was thinking that when we are in great challenges, instead of wondering if God loves us, this may be more proof that God loves us. For He desires for us not only to be saved, but for so much more in the future with Him.

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. Rom 5:3-5

So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God. Rom 3:11

Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. Rom 12:12

I realize that I can rejoice in troubles (not that they are fun or not difficult) and have confidence in God and His love for me, knowing that He's allowed these things in order to produce a Glory that vastly outweighs those troubles and that lasts forever. So, because God loves me and cares for my eternal future, He's allowing troubles for my good.

You have perfectly expounded a deep spiritual truth! :thumbup Thank you for sharing it with others so that they, too, may see the love and beauty of God in their trials.

ItIsFinished!

Amen.
Thank you for posting this.

Much love in Christ.

antitox

In 2 Cor 4 it states, "For this slight momentary affliction is preparing for us a weight of glory beyond all comparison." This is expressing that what awaits us is so great that it is beyond description and human comprehension. Nothing could be greater for us than God's realm of beauty, life, and sheer experience in the Spirit. It's more than worth everything we are going through. I'm so looking forward to it.